Was this the best scene in the young pope?

Was this the best scene in the young pope?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=isgydm69YLE&feature=share
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films
youtube.com/watch?v=s-weyOPbDQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the scene where a cynical machiavellian cardinal manipulates the pope and backstabs him or something

too become ""shit"" is too become popular, Sup Forums never change. typ will always be goodkino.

His speech in africa

Everything on both sides is good

my favourite scenes are with Gutierrez desu, like in the church near the start when Lenny asks him about his calling

Girl look at that body

youtube.com/watch?v=isgydm69YLE&feature=share

This is the best scene.

Maybe not the most meaningful scene, but definitely the most beautiful.

The speech to the Cardinals was great.

Why is Catholicism the most movie friendly religion? If I dare say even Daredevil is the best superhero.

The base text message is love, peace, harmony, forgiveness and universal understanding.
It has been used to justify the exact opposite of that for most of its history while continuing to preach the above.

The Catholic Church has had moustache-twirl level villainy off and on go down in its name for thousands of years. If you invented the historical shit as pure fiction, nobody would take it seriously.

You can literally do anything with it because it's all believable at this point 2000+ years in AND you have a bedrock of "good values vs bad people."

Timeless user, timeless.

>Why is Catholicism the most movie friendly religion?

For the same reason why it spread so much in the first place - it's the ultimate lazy man's religion.

The simpler answer is that its opulence makes it more appealing in a visual medium, and the hierarchical nature of the clergy makes it good fodder for political intrigue.

>the religion that requires you to do stuff to obtain salvation is the lazy man's religion

are you confusing it with the "just believe in Jesus Christ and you are going to be saved" one?

The rituals also help make it more cinematic, like confessionals (also good for character development).

That's pretty much modern Christianity, though.

Yeah but Ottoman Islam and even regional caliphates throughout the past millennium are equally as opulent - if not more so

>the hierarchical nature of the clergy makes it good fodder for political intrigue

agreed, but it doesn't need it. you can tell a film about Catholicism at the parish level and it typically will work very well.

I maintain there's something about the actual teachings vs the history of the institution and its reliance on the fallible that make it "the most movie friendly religion"

Any other good religious shows or movies from Italy, I only know of the Jesus mini-series

You'd see films about Islam if the studios with the money to fund good movies didn't belong to a culture that's been informed by Christianity for over a millennium. It's just an accident of history that Catholicism happens to be the one interesting religion that Westerners are most familiar with.

Also, i'd challenge the notion that Islam at its more refined is as aesthetically interesting as Catholicism. The Church practically invented Western art music with its creation of techniques like polyphony, and so many of the great Western visual art masterpieces have been commissioned by the Church. In Islam all you have is architecture, given that many traditions within Islam don't allow for the creation of icons.

Also anything seen as negative could get an exec beheaded

>people on Sup Forums actually think that Hacksaw Ridge was a patrican movie just because it was directed by Mel
Maximum pleb

>make a movie about Islam
>get shot

There would be a shitload more movies about Islam if it actually were a religion of peace

It's not even catholic, Desmond Doss (the main dude) was a fucking seventh-day adventist.

Americans ruined protestantism for the rest of us.

What did he mean by this?

>cherry coke
based
>zero
get out

When he drops the baby.

Why is he such an asshole all the time, it's honestly hard to watch

africa speech
first meeting with voiello
first meeting with sophia
meeting with italian pm
meeting with greenland pm
address to the cardinals

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

>>>reddit

What did Cardinal Caltanissetta give to Lenny as a gift? That wire thingy.

that's wrong, the ultimate lazy man's religion is Calvinism
>dude you were saved before you were even fucking born, go nuts lol it doesn't matter you're going to heaven regardless lmao!

Catholicism actually demands that do charitable works and forgive people

>>cherry coke
>based
jesus disapproves, user

YOU MUST
YOU MUST
YOU MUST
YOU MUST
YOU MUST
YOU MUST

i believe it was a big safety pin

When St. Mary leaves

>too become ""shit"" is too become popular
Is Calvary really that popular?

Ketchikan, Alaska

Did Lenny get rid of Sister Mary, because of her relationship with Voiello?

Based.

Francesco, giullare di Dio
Habemus Papam (for more Pope-y stuff)
The Gospel According to St Matthew

There's this Sardinian version of the Passion called "Su Re" that I'd really like to watch but I'd probably have to buy it since I don't think it got much circulation.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-weyOPbDQo

Are other Sorrentino stuff worth checking out?

Everything, especially Il Divo and Consequences of Love

He gave her exactly what she wanted, and what he needed to be a real father

Yeah definitely. If you've not watched The Great Beauty yet, you should give it a watch.
Il Divo is also great, and is a bit closer to the Young Pope in the sense that political manoeuvring is a big part of it, but that's where the similarities end.

Youth is pretty good (a bit more like The Great Beauty) and Le conseguenze dell'amore is a good watch as well.

This Must Be the Place is awful though, so don't watch that.

was it rape?