What would a movie focusing on gay people have to so to appeal to you?

What would a movie focusing on a homosexual male have to do to make you interested? Genuinely curious.

meme replies welcome but genuinely interested what type of story would actually interest Sup Forums

Not focusing on homosexual male, but focusing on a male who happens to fuck men.

Be a good movie?

include a highly detailed suicide scene

Feature Guy Pearce in drag.

If you replace the character with a hot female, you might trick me into listening to the plot

this

Brokeback Mountain is a solid film

be good.

I liked Beginners, which focused on the relationship between a newly out gay man with cancer and his depressed son

there must be a group of gay black men from outer space

Not make it about ihm being Gay, seriously, make the protagonist gay, we dont need to see him kissing and exchanging salivas with other men, nor do we need to have his friends and family constantly reminding us of it, and thats pretty much it, hes gay and it doesnt affect how he struggles in life, hes struggling like a normal dude

That's fucking disgusting

Make the gay act like a totally normal human and the plot not revolve around his sexuality. Just make a good movie with the protagonist being a gay dude and not some flaming faggot and the story revolve around something else than lbg problems.

Or a chasing Amy remake without Ben and instead just lots of lesbian scenes.

They'd have to be dykes, and not the artsy fartsy BitWC bullshit style. It would have to be 80s era action schlock, and the only purpose of their lesbianism would be to serve as an excuse for gratuitous topless scenes and shots of them shoving each other's face into their asses. Think Hard Ticket to Hawaii with all the garbage that makes it good, but also graphic sex scenes.

So, Zulu in Star Trek Beyond? People flipped their shit for some reason...

If this is a dude, then I'm gay.

As Good As It Gets?

What about a story about a closeted guy or a romance?

I'd be fine if it was a normal movie, I just don't want hamfisted love interests. If he or she is gay than whatever, but i hate hetero romantic plots too

Wasn't Dumbledore gay from Harry Potter? That's literally what everyone is asking for in this thread apparently. A character where it didn't matter nor was it even remotely obvious but turned out to be a homo.

>DUH STORY

Film is about film. Not wikipedia plot summaries.

Be a good movie and it can be about anything.

AND I'M FREEEEEEEEEE

FREEEEEE FAAAAAALLLIN'

to not focus on the sex and social stigma

90 minutes of Shia Lebouf and James Franco scraping human feces out of their pee holes with chopsticks in front of a big picture of Chairman Mao

A Single Man is the best gay film

Be interesting. Moonlight is a good example.

it wouldnt appeal to me. in the same way a movie focused on heterosexual people wouldn't interest me.

rather than traits, its the conflict the traits, or characters create, that is interesting.

look at brokeback mountain, it would be boring as fuck if it was two single heterosexuals. its interesting because its an emotional conflict, and in the context of the films release it was a relatively unexplored conflict in mainstream movies.

You were already gay faggot

What do you think about My Own Private Idaho?

A movie within a movie focusing on hairy lesbians.

first time i hear about it

Just be a good movie. Consider if The Conversation was the same movie except Harry Caul was gay it would still be a great film.

pleb

Is The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert kino?

I think The Wire handled same sex relations well. Just treated them the same as every other relation on the show. Not worse. Not better. No less attention. No more attention.

no, that screamed 'LOOK AT HIM HES GAY LIKE THE PREVIOUS ACTOR REMEMBER?'

then make it about Romance without making it 'OH NO WERE NOT ACCEPTED IN SOCIETY WOE IS US'

Are you that autist from Sup Forums that keep posting the New Vegas image or just parroting him.

No egregious assfucking scenes and probably a hot chick somewhere in there to be completely honest. There's no problem with gay dudes but don't put the homosexuality in my face and have a good emotional story.

That would be a really strange choice to make a character gay for no reason.

Depends on how it's executed, The Imitation Game for example was shit at it, even if the guy really did like to fill boys' buttholes

On the other hand we have shit like Six Feet Under where being homo was just an extra source of problems, nothing more nothing less

Takei himself was upset. To assume the character is gay just because the actor who played him is gay is kinda insulting. Maybe not to gay people, but to actors.

Nothing, most faggots have nothing interesting going for them except their faggotry, so it's the only thing they'll talk about because their identity is built around it.

If the homosexual male was a genius mathematician that cracks the enigma code.

What about In and Out? Kino or kiNO?

Big cocks geting sucked, big cock fucking asses, big cocks frotting, big cocks ejaculating...

As longs as it isn't the center focus, and doesn't try to be all pc and shit.
Something set in ancient greece about any of the multitudes of armies full os soldiers that would couple up would be okay, but make sure not to whitewash any of it like most movies do with gay characters making them spohisticated or sweet or sentimental or some shit, don't hesitate to show them as assholes like any straight dude can be

Why aren't there more BM/WM rom com pairings?

A movie with a straight protagonist usually has a story separate from the sexuality of the character.

Movies with gay characters aren't marketed to have stories like that. Gay movies are about being gay. It just doesn't interest me in the same way that a movie about a poor straight person has to deal with the crushing pressure of being straight or something.

That said, I'm visually repelled by male homosexuality so it does need to be better than a similarly straight protag movie to make up for the disgust.

If the film is all about being gay and/or the struggle of being a homosexual it's going to be a bad movie. Self-congratulatory masturbatory garbage that just reinforces the twisted identities of these special snowflakes. On paper these kind of films seem likely to make good dramatic stories but in practice not so much, since these stories always end up being so self-indulgent and too far up their own ass.

If the film just happens to be about a homosexual male, and the film has absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality, then why bother even mentioning it? Or yet, why bother turning a film into something about homosexuality that shouldn't really about it (see Imitation Game)?

I think the problem with stories of homosexual individuals, and why they are so is because of the epicurean nature of homosexuality. You watch a film like Mysterious Skin, and try to empathize with the character(s) but you can't because you know the only facet of their character is that they crave dick. It's like watching Salo trying to understand the four masters, or put yourself in their head, and saying to yourself, "yep, this is all completely normal" when you know it's fucking abhorrent.