Buying vinyls in this day and age is a waste of money prove me wrong

Attached: phlp03_vinyl2_1024x1024_5ed4e9a4-e435-46be-a748-fcf287496dca_1024x1024.png (684x684, 271K)

it sounds like shit

Vinyl FLAC rips sound ok.

if I had the money I would collect Vinyl... instead I collect Tape. and old movies on VHS because the audio is analogue on them.

DSD audio will be mainstream soon and that's better than analogue but on a digital system once that's out vinyl should really die.

Same thing could be said about buying almost anything that isn't truly necessary. You fags probably spend more money on video games and anime figures.

There is a lot of old music only available on vinyl. But yeah buying modern releases does seem retarded.

buying music is inherently a waste of money inherently

>vinyls

I like buying old skramz record because i feel like im holding a piece of history from a scene i really love that i couldnt be a part of

inherently correct

I can't.
Buying music is a waste of money

good post

Is it a waste of money if i enjoy it

is there a message inherent in this post?

Buying anything other than basic life necessities is a waste of money, senpai

no and I'm a big collector.

Vinyl, and physical media as a whole, has its time and place. With vinyl, you're often experiencing the music in the way the creator intended you, the listener, to enjoy it. For example, if an album is recorded using analogue equipment, it's more than likely going to sound stellar on an analogue system.

But I do thoroughly avoid buying modern albums unless I know it was properly mastered. With modern vinyl, you're more than likely buying a CD put onto a disk made of vinyl.

But buying .mp3s is fucking stupid. If you're whole angle is to support an artist, then mail them a check or paypal them $5.

In short, I exclusively buy vinyl and I exclusively don't pay for a digital copy.

you find me a decent vinyl rip that doesn't have surface noise and I'll make microcassettes the next format of choice

Buy vinyl if you see value in the purchase. Don't buy vinyl if you don't see value in the purchase.

Pretty fucking simple.

I mean I find new music and I get enjoyment out of it so it’s not a waste to me.

I bought plastic beach for the sick ass artwork and also it plays beautifully as an A-D side

no need to, im content with myself

You literally can't prove that either way, it is a personal preference or hobby. if you enjoy doing it, it's not a waste of time. People collect stamps and rocks, to me that sounds fucking boring, but they love it so it doesn't matter what I think, I'm not an insecure child so I don't have to try and convince people that what they do to enjoy their life is a waste of time or money.

>You fags probably spend more money on video games and anime figures.
You killed it too quick

It was more of a rhetorical question because what is there to do with expendable income other than spend it on enjoyment.
Im exactly the same but wouldnt describe myself as a big collector. I just buy physical formats or merch (as long as its not the typical shitty black/white shirt with a logo) from artists who work I really enjoy and believe has a positive impact on my mood or life. The more I enjoy it, the more I'm willing to spend. This extends to both vinyl and cd for me.

you must be a severe brainlet, because if you buy the right ones, at the very least they retain their value.

>vinyls
Found the pleb