Whats that global disease she talks about to her daughter? We never see it mentioned again? Also...

Whats that global disease she talks about to her daughter? We never see it mentioned again? Also, was rhe alien gonna die because of the explosion? Why, he was behind the glass...also, the soldiers knew that adams and renner would die if they go up, why they let them? Sorry if something is messy

>Whats that global disease she talks about to her daughter? We never see it mentioned again?
The disease is war

>Also, was rhe alien gonna die because of the explosion? Why, he was behind the glass...
Glass doesn't protect from explosions

>also, the soldiers knew that adams and renner would die if they go up, why they let them? Sorry if something is messy

If they didn't it would give away the explosives.

>Glass doesn't protect from explosions
Alien glass does.

No need to be sorry, lad. A repeat viewing might be in order, but that shouldn't be a problem since it's a fantastic film. Best sci-fi film in recent memory.

The Arrival makes Interstellar look like Lost in Space.

The disease is war? Really? Thats cheesy as fuck

if the metapods are so smart why didnt they foremember their english lessons and just write in english?

The disease is white males and nationalism

>Alien glass does.
are you an exochemist now user?

>Whats that global disease she talks about to her daughter?

A desire for more Cows.

>Why, he was behind the glass...also, the soldiers knew that adams and renner would die if they go up, why they let them?

I believe those soldiers went rogue and took it into their own hands to plant the bomb. The movie did a very bad job of explaining this

Can be anything. Just think of it as a new epidemic or even some new type of cancer.
>We never see it mentioned again?
Not important for the story.
>Also, was rhe alien gonna die because of the explosion? Why, he was behind the glass...
So? There is no reason to think that the glass could withstand the explosion.
>also, the soldiers knew that adams and renner would die if they go up, why they let them?
They basically declared war against an alien force unilaterally, you think they give a shit about 2 scientists whom they see as potential traitors since they were trying to communicate with the said alien force?

This is simple shit, did you not watch the movie?

These screener threads are getting ridiculous.

It's literally people not able to comprehend literal plot points and the narrative.

I am not talking about anything deep here, just retelling what happened on the fucking screen I mean what the fuck.

I liked the movie until the phonecall bullshit.

Abbot dying made me sad.

What was bullshit about it?

Are you fucking dumb?

It is some sort of cancer, judging by her baldish head when she dies. It didn't even make her completely bald so that means the cancer works faster than the chemo.

She dies of leukemia/breast cancer.

What the fuck are you people talking about?

Why what happened during the movie? I was watching it with a friend, but not really paying attention because I was texting at the time. Which is what I always do when I'm really bored.

If not for the "I can see time here and in the future" she wouldn't have been able to make the call correctly. It was pretty deus ex machina but justified by the concept of the language.

I don't know, maybe I just dislike time fuckery.
But then again I really liked how Timecrimes handled causality.

>it is some sort of cancer
>SHE DIES OF CANCERS!

Glad, you weighed in on this with new info.

the whole point was to teach human their language...

hehehe

I did.

There's no fucking "future disease" you morons are talking about. The daughter just simply develops leukemia and dies.

I laughed almost as much at the comedy international relations as I did at the 'acting'.

Reminder that this Nolan-tier hack is going to ruin Blade Runner with muh sci-fi feels, ham-fisted soundtrack and pseudo-intellectual trash.

That this movie features so highly in the best of 2016 critics lists only goes to show how terrible a year it was.

Do elaborate on the comedy international relations.

Then why didn't you complain to the OP instead? Do you have autism?

>if it wasn't for the superpower she acquired she never would have been able to save the world
Well, yeah.

I'm just stating facts to all of you.

And god I wish I did. I'd at least feel some satisfaction from pointing out that you are all fucking retards.

But all I feel is regret, with an impulse for suicide, knowing that you people are part of the gene pool.

please don't bring out the Sup Forums leeches

You're not wrong. Movie was okay. Way too straightforward though. I kept waiting for something unusual to happen

The first contact scene was unusal and brilliantly executed at the same time for me.

Where others would fully show the aliens in the first scene and lose all the tension in later scenes, Villeneuve builds up to the moment with Amy Adams freezing right at the point of contact and a sudden jump cut to the decontamination chamber which is almost like a jump scare to the audience and we get to finally breathe just like the characters in the movie.
He doesn't need to show us what happened there, we know that they failed to communicate and there's no point in wasting screen time with that.
And we are still eager to see the aliens in the following scenes.

Perfect tension building and release dynamic.

Yeah I think a lot of the movie was done well. I was just a little disappointed that it unfolded so predictably. I think it could have been more confusing. As it was I kept thinking what is the unexpected going to be, and nothing like that happened. I don't think it had enough going on to keep me interested in terms of the tension of the plot as a whole. The geopolitical backdrop didn't convince at all. A lot of the scenes in isolation were well done, but I found it flat overall.

Check on the autism I guess

You predicted that learning a language gave future sight? Stop being contrarian.

t. alien

This.

Screenerfags are a special bunch of sub intelligent people.

I'm not an alien retard, how would an alien even post on Sup Forums? I'm just trying to explain how superior alien glass is compared to human glass. I'm not a fucking alien.

>I'm just trying to explain how superior alien glass is compared to human glass

yeah I am pretty sure you are an alien if you know that information

It's neo-Sup Forums, which is half capeshit/star wars posters and half Sup Forums. No one really watches movies on this board anymore.

sorry alien buddy i'm too lazy to make a print, cool glass mind selling me some?

She meant jews

Yes.

Probably because movies have been completely terrible for 6-7 years.

Why don't you watch older movies then?

There are more quality movies you haven't watched out there then the time you will be alive.
Stop being an ignorant cunt.

DUDE YOU CAN TOTALLY TIME TRAVEL JUST BY LEARNING ALIEN SYMBOL LANGUAGE

DUDE IT'S SO COMPLEX AND COOL LMAO

this movie is literally a poor man's Contact

shit movie with no original thought. everything in this movie is recycled garbage. its contact under a michael bay lense

There is no time travel in the movie, only her perspective on time changes where she sees the future just like we see the past in the form of memories

The movie is pretty straightforward with it's narrative and I don't agree it has any strong correlation with Contact because here the sci-fi setting is only a tool for delivering the core of the movie which is Amy Adams character relationship with life/death, while in Contact it's all about the actual extraterrestrials etc.

>There is no time travel in the movie
there is retard

didnt you watch the part with the jap guy gaving his phone number?

It has one of the most original and creative first contact scenes in cinema history, like said.

Also please provide some arguments why do you thinks it's "shit" besides just listing buzzwords and synonyms to the word shit.

That wasn't time travel though. She had broken out of non-linear perception of time, in which events of the past, present and future imploded upon each other. We, the viewers saw it as flashback, but for Amy, it all happened at the same time.

You screenerfags are amazing, no there is no actual time travel in the movie.

She is just starting to "remember" that conversation that happens to be in the future while she is learning the non linear language, because she now sees the future in the form of memories.
Her character never left the current narrative and magically time traveled into the future, she was always in the present.

It is pretty blatanly shown in the movie, there is nothing deep about it, I don't see how can you misinterpret this.

Also please try to make actual coherent sentences next time my dear amigo friend.

>no original thought
I can't think of another movie which really explores language _as_ technology. Especially where the ayylmaos deliver their language as a tool for colonialism, effectively taking over human culture without needing to destroy a single monument.

then how come she knew the number of the chinese

>It has one of the most original and creative first contact scenes in cinema history
>treat aliens respectably on contact instead of with violence
>creative

>I can't think of another movie which really explores language _as_ technology.
thats because its implicit. language has been a technology since its inception reddit. sorry it took you a shitty film 5000 years after its invention to figure it out

if you remember the future then its because its happened already, albeit from another reference frame

im starting to think people only like this movie because they can use the term nonlinear

The chinese general (not a jap like you said) gave her the number at that fancy party and told her the dying words of his wife.

You are asking about literal plot points which are shown in the movie, it would be best if you just rewatch it to stop embarassing yourself.

I thought she was talking about the disease that kills her daughter which is why her dad couldn't look at her the same after he found out about it

>im starting to think people only like this movie because they can use the term nonlinear

>language has been a technology since its inception reddit. sorry it took you a shitty film 5000 years after its invention to figure it out

So every great movie should literally invent concepts and themes that are not yet known to man? Are you aware what you are typing?

Also I enjoyed the movie because of it's execution, not necessarily the plotline, was a true experience in the cinema
Great sound design with clues from the future being played in the current narrative, the visual narrative through quality framing and composition by Bradford Young, score by Johannsoon, on point editing with the tension building etc

Film is a visual medium remember.

She was talking to her daughter about the cancer she's going to develop later in life you fucking numbskull.

>So every great movie should literally invent concepts and themes that are not yet known to man? Are you aware what you are typing?
maybe that fucking retard shouldnt have tried to praise it as a novel concept when its basically fact 1 that everyone should know. if you are going to claim this movie is original, creative, and interesting for pointing out that language is a medium for transferring information and that looking at an object from a higher dimensional view forces a new axis then you need to neck yourself. this movie is literally a grimdark contact manufactured for the reddit crowd.

there is nothing interesting about grey tones, news reporters, com chatter, and wrinkley white women

>maybe that fucking retard shouldnt have tried to praise it as a novel concept

Where did he praise it as a novel concept?
"I can't think of another movie which really explores language _as_ technology" He just said the concept wasn't shown in any other movie he saw.

Also give some actual arguments of why it's bad for you besides using popular meaningless buzzwords and the argument "it's boring"

>Where did he praise it as a novel concept?
>"I can't think of another movie which really explores language _as_ technology" He just said the concept wasn't shown in any other movie he saw.
>He just said the concept wasn't shown in any other movie he saw.
literally the definition of novel

>give some actual arguments of why it's bad for you besides using popular meaningless buzzwords and the argument "it's boring"
predictable story, repetitive concepts, unoriginal dialogue. my other points are here . the fact that its time travel that resolves the story is the final kick in the teeth to any viewer

>predictable story
Why does the story have to be full of "epic twistzz" and unpredictable turns?
You know how every WWII movie will end, does it mean it's automatically bad? The point is what happens to the character throughout the movie, the visual narrative and the experience as as a film.

And it seems to me that you hate the people who liked this film more than the actual film. because as I can see the only thing you didn't enjoy is the plotline of the movie.
Surely you don't judge a visual medium like film just based on it's story do you?

And I don't understand why do you all screenerfags say the same thing but there is NO actual time travel in the movie.

Actually it was heavily implied multiple times that the one soldier was getting increasing pressure from his family. It was just edited poorly at the bomb planting scene, it came off more as a government decision instead of some soldiers going rogue.

HD RIP FUCKING WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEE

I thought it was never explained all I recall her saying was some incredibly rare disease.
If it was just cancer they would have been aware of it so early that it would have easily prevented because of her super time powers.

>it came off more as a government decision instead of some soldiers going rogue.

No it fucking didn't, there is a whole sequence of those exact soldiers watching a propaganda video of some tinfoil man explaining how we should defend ourselves from the aliens immediately.
Nowhere was even an implication that it was a government decision.

Why are we still discussing literal plot points which should be clear after watching a damn movie christ.

>A FUCKING PLATE

Learn to read the whole fucking comment you slope browed reactionist mongoloid. Right before the explosion is when they cut off communication with the other sites and everyone starts acting extremely paranoid. It almost seems like it's decided on higher up at that point instead of just the guys going rogue.

But whatever cunt be be a twat about it.

>Why does the story have to be full of "epic twistzz" and unpredictable turns?
because exploration is interesting. knowing where you are going forces you to focus on all the other details, which in the case of this film, are its flaws

>You know how every WWII movie will end, does it mean it's automatically bad? The point is what happens to the character throughout the movie, the visual narrative and the experience as as a film. Surely you don't judge a visual medium like film just based on it's story do you?
i already mentioned there were no interesting visuals in this movie. it was a cookie cutter grimdark film manufactured to be safe and risk free. theres nothing interesting about staying inside a template

>but there is NO actual time travel in the movie.
her body never leaves the present but her thoughts do. if her body has yet to reach the point in time her thoughts are looking at and these thoughts are memories of actual events that her body has yet to experience, then its time travel. her fucking mind time travels thanks to learning heptapod

some hacks thought the scene in independence day where the alien and president talk behind glass at area 51 looked cool and thought they should drag it out with memes borrowed from every other alien, disaster, or military film and stuck a woman at the front so the aliens are first met with a pen rather than a gun

The cut off communication out of panic because china (or some other country, I don't remember) cut their communication first, it has no relation with the actual bomb explosion.

Again, we are retelling literal plot points which should be clear after one viewing, I don't understand how do you people get all this imaginary headcanon.

There are plenty of autoimmune diseases cause hair loss and cannot be cured in any way.

>if her body has yet to reach the point in time her thoughts are looking at and these thoughts are memories of actual events that her body has yet to experience, then its time travel

So when you remember something from your childhood, you are actually time travelling to that point?
lmao

haha no, look at you, black disease spread throu america.. now on eu. you made afrika die too

>So when you remember something from your childhood, you are actually time travelling to that point?
you body went through child hood and into adulthood and looks BACK. not time travel you fucking imbecile

but if your body is remembering 5-10 years from today then it is time travel because those events have yet to unfold in the present

you might be right. i think i hate the people who like this movie more than the movie itself

>but if your body is remembering 5-10 years from today then it is time travel
Again, are you aware what you are typing?

So by your definition, time travel as a concept only works if you go to the future, what would you then call if someone actually transported you to the let's say 19th century? That is not time travel?
That's what I'm saying about this movie having no actual time travel in it, it's just switching perspectives of time into a form of memories.