people.mtime.com/1887221/
7.entdata.sinaapp.com/star/photo/35202
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Starting off with some entry level classics

Red Cliff

Black coal thin ice

a bit melancholic

Mountains may depart, some of the top modern Chinese movies

Holy shit OP. Thank you so much. I've been looking for this film for about four years now. I saw it very late one night, without subtitles and I didn't understand a single thing, and it was so mesmerizing I felt like I'd been transported to a dream. It sounds faggy, but it was literally one of the best film experiences of my life. And I could not find the name until now.
Thank you again. It means so much I can watch this silent steaming pile of beautiful shit once more, without understanding a single thing thats happening.

post webm

Is this a good movie? I keep hearing a lot of good things about it

depends if you would like a slow 3 hour movie about the small personal dramas of everyday life from birth to death

one the best ever films imo

it's Japanese but, is Memoirs of a Geisha a good movie, besides the score?

no problem bra. the first thing I watched it was on youtube, there was spanish subtitles which youtube could auto-translate into english lel.

it's by far one of the best Chinese language movies and the best Taiwanese. I cried at the end both times i saw it

Pic related also a slow one: In the mood for love. Wong Kar-Wai is a hack

nice b8

but to answer your question: not really, but i liked it

>Wong Kar-Wai is a hack

You take that back faggot.

In the mood for love is one of the best films I've seen in my life. It's a travesty that Wong and Doyle don't work together anymore because Doyle's cinematography in their collaborations is breathtaking.

also obligatory dance scene, the most iconic scene of the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=vwCQQwPc_O0

No such thing as chink cinema. It's all just expensive soap opera.

bait?

You've got it all wrong my good man.

>opera
now that you mention it, more classics

Memoirs of a Geisha is an American film (set in Japan and starring Chinese in its three biggest roles)

excellent taste

not quite Harriet Anderson in Summer With Monika or Jean Seberg at the end of Breathless desu

Ah then I misunderstood the thread
Thread related: the grandmaster is good movie

the movie is so bad and inacurate it's banned in China altogether

This movie on the other hand is pure poetry

it wasn't banned of that, but because of still unresolved WW2 tensions between the Japanese and Chinese

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memoirs_of_a_Geisha_(film)#Chinese_responses

what about the last emperor

>unresolved WW2 tensions
Japan still refuses to acknowledge the war crimes and atrocities. This is like saying if Germany would deny the holocaust it would be "unresolved WW2 tensions"

also not a Chinese movie

They're faggots for killing dogs but they can make some good flicks.

youtube.com/watch?v=26KDguZOepY

This is good.

>The Killer

that's a British film tho

Thats the only good mainland chinese film, thats come out recently that I enjoyed.

Is this chinkino?

Infernal Affairs, the movie The Departed is based on

>Black coal thin ice
This looks very good.

still not giving up on the colonies I see, eh lad?

British my ass. Thats like saying john woo is an english director

how old is that qt?

masterpiece

Whoops meant to reply to

its japanese dipshit

this is a good one, about some young people who protest in the 1989 tiananmen student protests

could be anywhere between 18 and 48

This is probably the best film ever made in my opinion.

A Brighter Summer Day.

It's long but i bet you'll want to watch it again in a heartbeat as soon as it ends.

>People confusing Taiwan with China

You're gonna start a war, lads.

Is this thread strictly for Chinese movies or is gookshit allowed?

>Taiwan
>Chinese

Who cares? Just keep it classy and rare though if possible.

Infelior film from vassal countries, Japan, Korea (best and worst), Taiwan (#2), allowed

Japanese imperialists not allowed everything else is fine

This one is quite depressing

will watch this one possibly tonight

What are some dog eating kino?

but is it a good movie?

>Taiwan (#2)
kek

Here is Cock and Bull (2016) quite unkown but really great

both of them flew by despite their slow pace and long runtimes

no

but Blind Shaft (2003) is

Doyle turned up at premier of a film by mark cousins called stockholm my love @ london film festival. He was completely fucked and basicly admitted the only reason he had been apart of the film (which was complete rubbish) was for the money.

Shaolin Temple (Jet Li's first starring role btw) has a hilarious scene where he accidentally kills the love interest's dog, and after burying it, decides to not let it go to waste, digs it up and roasts it over an open fire, then a bunch of his fellow Shaolin students (and their mentor, also the love interest's father) all break their vows and eat the dog with him

kek

I mean he is a hack, in the sense that everything he touches is automatically a masterpiece

Only in the two part version.

comfy shit right here

iirc the falling out between Wong and Doyle started during the shoot of ITMFL (though they shot 2046 together). Mark Lee Ping Bin, Hou Hsiao-hsien's regular DP, shot a significant part of the film, and both are given a Cinematographer credit.

If you been to taiwan, you would see the words REPUBLIC OF CHINA in the airport

>Huang Tang Yijia
>only two movies
>no informative bio anywhere (how old??)
>even pics about her are rare

wtf happened

Hou's WKW rip-off is pretty great desu

joke, bro

>civil war breaks out
>be Chinese nationalists
>fight against commies in rags
>have technological superiority and US support
>commies flee and can't catch up
>oh well that sure won't come to bite us in the ass
>Japs move south, start destroying china, raping and killing as they go
>commies return
>fucking commies are the real problem, let's fight the people trying to defend my own fucking country instead of the invaders killing and raping
>surprise, this makes everyone fucking hate your guts
>Japs defeat you, sell your equipment to them and desert
>flee as Japs kill 300.000 people in one day
>why do chinese people join the commies i don't understand waaaah
>US nukes Japan
>they give you Taiwan
>they also give you Manchuria but commies are there (because they were actually fighting the Japanese)
>US helps you to retake it but fail anyways
>retreat toTaiwan
>commies start heavy artillery boming
>beg US to stop them, they do
>we are still the government of China though!
>by the 70's the commie-hating US realizes how pathetic you are, recognizes One China (TM) governed by the PRC with Taiwan as an insurgence

In essence the RoC is a bunch of traitors who fought the Chinese defending China from Japanese, even aided the Japanese, raided their own lands, let their lands get raided, women raped and people killed, retreated to an island the US gave them yet they still claim to be the real China

Fulltime Killers (2001?) is the best Chinese action movie.

I think it really only aired at a film festival once. I don't even know the chinese title, the romanization gives nothing away.

I recently watched You are the Apple of my Eye. It's a romance movie. I like it

>how to derail a decent thread

baike.baidu.com/view/9905264.htm
people.mtime.com/1887221/
黄唐一佳
Nation
Chinese
Height
168CM
Body weight
50KG
date of birth
March 8, 1991

Faye Wong was such a qt in that movie

7.entdata.sinaapp.com/star/photo/35202

Anyone know of a source for an HD version for To live?
All copies I find are shit quality with hardcoded Eng subs. Also looking for a good source for Simplified subs.

Also as far as recs go, IDK many films that probably wouldn't be known here, but I saw the Election 1 + 2 and they were decent triad films. 2 is better than 1 though, but you need to see 1 to understand 2.

a good start to To kino

Watched this triad kino today.

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1883771

considering Zhang Yimou is one of the more high-profile Chinese directors in the West, especially after Hero and House of Flying Daggers, does anyone know why his more acclaimed early work isn't easily available on home video?

Is it good? The Departed was a boring piece of shit.

This was so great, as an action film and political commentary. An outwardly pro-Chinese drug war film that is actually the most anti-drug war thing I've seen since The Wire

Forgot pic

>he thought Hamsterdam was a good plotline!

What do you mean? How is it anti drug war?

China is terrible at film preservation and rights holdings. If the materials exist nobody knows who owns them

Part of the reason A Brighter Summer Day took so long to get restored and re-released is that it was used to launder triad money during production, or at least that's a prevailing rumor

Look at how many cops died at the end. It's an absolute bloodbath that accomplishes nothing. I felt it really showed the futility and human cost of the "heroes" of the war on drugs. Were any of their deaths worth anything just so the man they already had arrested could still be executed?

gb
Damn Russkies and their dubbing, still worth it though if it looks better than my copy.
谢谢 user.

Dunno, maybe the gov banning him? I saw a DVD copy of to live going for £129 on Amazon.

I thought the message was they should've killed him the first time. Not the whole thing was for nothing.

>tfw the hard drive where I kept all my chinkkino corrupted

Really really hated it but can't remember why

Kino

Wasn't a fan of it, it's very like Tsai Ming-Liang's style of "Nothing Happens: Extremely Slow Edition", which seem to be popular but drive me insane

Wong Fei is a qt still and she's like 50

Bullshit. Sauce

pretty sure Goodbye, Dragon Inn and Yi Yi aren't in Mandarin

what's the one with the small and big brother called again?

>Really really hated it but can't remember why
maybe because of the split in the middle? Like after one hour it feels like the movie is over, then there's one hour of two more stories in Germany

YiYi is Taiwanese and they speak - albeit gay - mandarin

Not sure.

Could it be As Tears Go By?

if you didn't like the departed you won't like this, it's pretty similar

watch the fucking movie, man. it's on Netflix (it's only ok, not the best kung fu movie out there)

Shaolin Temple 3 is a lot of fun though (btw none of the films are related outside of name)

I want to into chinese kino but I just hate the language. It's so unpleasant to listen to, at least Korean sounds nice

I made that list ages back but never finished it.

Must make a better version. Kind of fell apart when I added in Yi Yi, as a good chunk of the dialogue is in Hokkien iirc. Also bits of Shanghainese in Lust, Caution, but that's a primarily Mandarin movie.

Goodbye, Dragon Inn doesn't have any dialogue iirc (apart from the last scene), so again, it kind of fucked with the theme of it. The inital point of it was that I was studying Mandarin in college and was watching a ton of movies for practice, but needed a list that wasn't 90% Cantonese movies
Might just make one that's Mainland-only or something, most of that list would still qualify.

Also, Gwei Lun-Mei a qt

yeah that's it!

I guess.