Attached: guy.jpg (517x768, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qyqaEKzt8M4
youtube.com/watch?v=DqfvlPZk0R0&t=785s
youtube.com/watch?v=Eej-dHJadT4
youtube.com/watch?v=9uRSm-XE1Mc
spin.com/2011/12/suggestion-dive-fugazis-live-archive-now/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Red Medicine changed me in high school. Great fucking record.

Excellent Post-Hardcore band. Which one do you think is better, Red Medicine or The Argument?

Holy shit, this.

Funny thing, I actually think MCR took a lot of influence from Fugazi on The Black Parade. I have to say, I've lived that period, and I've said that MCR was one of the greatest art punk bands ever since the Black Parade released. At first I hated it, dismissing them as prurient Pop-Punk infidels, until listening to it a year later (in 2007). It's as if Red Machine-era Fugazi attempted to make their interpretation of Sgt. Pepper, utilizing The Damned-esque darkness and nihilism and Sunny Day Real Estate's melancholic, yet uplifting guitar structure, and tie it together with the ambition, theatrics and grandiosity of Queen. And that's one hell of an album for a quintessential normie pop punk band.

I wish I had discovered them in high school

OP here
I'm just getting into them, so far my favorite albums are Red Medicine and 13 Songs. Barely heard End Hits and Steady Diet of Nothing though

Haven't been this excited about exploring a rock band's work in a while, they are so great.

Yeah I'm gonna have to give TBP a listen now.

First thing I heard was Waiting Room, obviously. 13 Songs, Repeater and Red Medicine are my summer jams every season.

The Argument. But, End Hits is their best LP.

Has anyone gone through the trouble of listening to any of their live records they put on dischord's website a couple of years ago? There's just so muc of it... I'd die for a ranked list of which ones to download

How about Instrument, have you guys seen it? Is it worth to watch?

>Red Machine-era
Fuck, stupid auto-correct.

if you've seen too many punk docs from that era recently, wait to watch Instrument. Otherwise, it's a great watch

RM and In On The Kill Taker are my faves, but everything is good. Love End Hits.

Thanks, I'm going to watch it right now

It's a pretty interesting insight into life in the band, touring and recording. It's mostly a collection of home videos with no real narrative but they all seem like chill dudes and they're fucking killing it in the live segments.

>ice cream-eating motherfucker

I think Fugazi's one of the few artists I became obsessed with for a while and could only really listen to them, they're fantastic.
End Hits > Red Medicine > In On The Kill Taker > The Argument > Repeater > 13 Songs > Steady Diet Of Nothing.
End Hits is fucking great.
>the part about Brendan's sister's boyfriend asking if was true that they all lived in the same house together without heating and eating only rice and Joe replies that the rice wasn't warm this time
Instrument's great, just don't expect more than a really good collage of a really good band.

Search Fugazi Live Series on youtube, there's quite a few uploads, some of them synced with actual video from the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=qyqaEKzt8M4

Wow, an actual thread where music is discussed, on Sup Forums?
This is unbelievable.

Post-hardcore gods, all musical geniuses

I always wonder when I see that pic... how in the fuck did he get up there? I guess maybe he got a boost from the kick drum? Still, once you're hanging onto the rim, you've got to be pretty athletic to get yourself into that position, especially trying to hold onto a mic with one hand.

I know right? I'm proud

I can't really think of any other bands where every member just contributes to the sound of the band so much. I can't think of how Fugazi would sound without Guy or Ian, much less Brendan or Joe. It's... impressive.

Back then, men were men.

youtube.com/watch?v=DqfvlPZk0R0&t=785s

jump to 15:22

youtube.com/watch?v=Eej-dHJadT4

Whats your guys favorite side project of the memebers? My pick goes for rites of spring

Attached: B2630C76-4E64-4582-BCA7-4A400A9D8369.jpg (1200x1200, 370K)

I don't really think you can call RoS a side project, since it came before Fugazi, and they were a solid band in their own right.

But to answer your question, Rites of Spring, One Last Wish, The Evens, and Egg Hunt are all great IMO. Minor Threat and Teen Idles are fun, but I never feel like listening to them for very long.

Rumor has it that Picciotto has been working with the anarchist art-punk band The Ex, and I wish they'd finally release some material.

Yeah he actually makes it look pretty easy. He's built like Bruce Lee though.

Don't forget Embrace

youtube.com/watch?v=9uRSm-XE1Mc

I didn't... to be honest, I've never enjoyed Embrace. I really tried, and I even have a CD of that album. I like Ian's other projects, and I actually really like the guitars on that album, but that combo of his voice with those instrumentals just doesn't work for me at all.

Does anybody know what happens in the scene after the vid cuts off? I remember reading that he fell on the drums right after the vid was cut and he hurt his ribs. But does anybody know the actual details, like was the song interrupted, how did the audience react and how did the show continue?

IIRC from "Our Band Could Be Your Life", the drumset got disassembled when he fell on it so they had to stop the song, reassemble it then they continued.

I have the Olympia, WA USA 10/29/95 Live series upload that contains the version of "Shut the Door" as seen in "Instrument" documentary. I'd recommend getting it as I enjoy it a lot.

At the bottom of this article there is a list of uploads to get from the Fugazi live series spin.com/2011/12/suggestion-dive-fugazis-live-archive-now/

Also found this list of notable performances from an old forum post but I haven't checked them out yet
>10-08-90 Bielefeld Germany
>09-04-93 Pontiac Michigan Plaza Amphitheater
>09-03-97 Washington DC Wilson Center 10th Anniversary Show
>03-27-02 New Orleans Louisiana Tipitina's