Why can't Sup Forums into the ramones? Is it because it's full of soyboys?

Why can't Sup Forums into the ramones? Is it because it's full of soyboys?

Attached: theramones.jpg (718x404, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UcW5WfwugZs
youtube.com/watch?v=zffvhNrhYiM
youtube.com/watch?v=wuYkYjUTtjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they suck

best classic punk band

>"the lyrics are bad!"
>"they can barely play!"
>"the songs sound the same!!!"

I mean you're not really refuting the point just by saying "THEY'RE THE BEST! :D"

this

real boring fartrock

the three criticisms you cited were all legitimate yet all you had to say in their defense was "they are the best"

They're good when you're 14 and never heard anything remotely punk or pop punk. Then you turn 15 and realise punk is fucking shit.

>"the lyrics are bad!"
>"they can barely play!"
If you thing these are really legitimate criticisms in this instance and you consider yourself a punk fan then neck yourself

When the Ramones started there was nothing else like them, now there's so much punk why the hell would I pick the Ramones? Their lyrics suck, their production is flat, and the singing is lifeless. They're nothing compared to Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, or even Green Day, and that's just sticking to popular shit.

What're you into now that you're 16?

Sup Forums thinks music has to be deep and cerebral and meticulously produced in order to be good.

>spams Clairo and 6ix9ine all day every day

Why isn't this album available in the U.S.?
It's classic Ramones at their best!

This was the New Years Eve 77-78 concert in London just before Rocket to Russia was released, and Tommy quit the band!

Anybody who tells me The Ramones suck after hearing this album should just KTS!

Attached: Ramones Live.jpg (500x500, 49K)

They pioneered the genre. It's not that they are some great punk band it's that they were one of the firsts

How can a post be so wrong. They lyrics are relatable and great. They're production is pure raw music. Joey Ramone has one the best and most unique voice in all of music faggot. The Ramones are one of the best punk bands ever.

They actually are one of the greatest punk bands

That's overproduced shit though.

hey guys
i posted soy again

youtube.com/watch?v=UcW5WfwugZs

Songs that Sup Forums will NEVER EVER understand

>I just want to have some kicks
>I just want to get some chicks

this

most of Sup Forums doesnt even like 69. those threads are mostly shitposting. you faggots fucking love any garbage by woman though. fuck grimes and that dumb clairo cunt.

rock n roll high school is a fun movie

I like The Ramones more than the groups who followed in their wake. They had more of a connection to early rock 'n' roll and garage rock. Good dumb fun, no political or artistic nonsense.

>no political
they had a few political songs

Not really.
Johnny was AGAINST political songs of any sort.

Before you cite The KKK Took My Baby Away, that was really Joey getting back at Johnny for stealing his girlfriend.

The only song that I can think of that had any political overtones would be Bonzo Goes to Bitburg, and Johnny was so upset over that song, he doesn't even play on it, and I don't think they ever performed it live. They had to bring in the former guitar player from The Plasmatics to record that song.

OK, Joey has a cameo in the Sun City video in 1985, but that;s not really a Ramones' song.

didnt they have songs about vietnam?

They wore my school

Attached: ramones-blank.jpg (900x850, 169K)

it wasnt anything political

youtube.com/watch?v=zffvhNrhYiM

Attached: 1384103766913.jpg (250x250, 34K)

Thanks Steve

Because everything that's supposed to be significant about them had been done better by the Stooges long before they were a band.

The Ramones are lame as fuck.

wouldnt a song about war be inherently political?

The Stooges dont have the same charm as the Ramones do. The ramones are pure rock n roll. No bullshit, straight forward, rocking song.

They don't sound alike at all faggot

The lyrics are retarded and not in a way that is endearing or clever. There is nothing raw or energetic about the music or its production. Joey is a shit frontman.

The Ramones fucking suck and I have been to more shows and heard more punk music than your dadrocking ass.

imagining crying on Sup Forums at the age of 50 because somebody likes the ramones more than some gay proto punk band LOL

If you don't think Funhouse and Raw Power are among the greatest rock record ever but you like the tepid garbage the Ramones rereleased for several decades, you have horrid taste.

Because The Stooges were better by orders of magnitude. More intense, rawer, faster, heavier, catchier, lyrics that better depicted the life of a scumbag, etc.

The Ramones would have been fucking meandering tame garbage a decade before they even existed.

I'm 23 and I play in bands people who like the ramones are honest to god worse than pop punk kids

>i cant understand stand bands doing different things

Attached: 1511413203993.jpg (558x614, 15K)

Nowhere near as bad as people who get upset at ramones not being TRVE PVNK

Again, it's not that it's differently, it's literally just two steps back. It was obsolete before it even existed.

Even the glam-influenced NYC bands and lame early brit stuff did it better than the Ramones.

Sup Forums folk tend to think that complexity or amazing musicianship are required for good music. They don't think about how good the music is when it's being listened to, but instead pick apart whatever it is. Basically,
>it's just power chords and simple drumming, so by that statement that means they're bad
Punk as a whole gets disregarded in this logic as well. Basically disregard for anything that the appeal comes from the base progression and melody. I mean, some people just don't like it. Tl;dr being a good songwriter and a good musician are two separate things; being one doesnt make you the other.

I listen primarily to punk and hardcore

The Ramones are boring garbage

Jesus Christ.

I'm not any big fan of the Ramones nor do I know a whole lot about them, but if Sheena is a Punk Rocker comes on shuffle when I'm driving home from work, the stereo gets cranked up to 11 everytime.

They're nursery rhymes set to overdriven power chords, and it's great.

You're fucking retarded. The stooges are not faster and are definitely not catchier than the ramones. The stooges never released anything that is catchier than Judy is a punk, Rockaway beach, Oh oh I lover her so, and Sheena is a punk rocker.The ramones also have very reletable lyrics. Songs like I dont care, I wanna be well, and I just want to have something to do, for example.

>The Ramones would have been fucking meandering tame garbage a decade before they even existed.
One of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The ramones are anything but tame and the fact that you think they wouldve been in 1966 is funny.

I love the Stooges but no. Scaruffi put it best:

>Not only do these albums contain most of the masterpieces of punk-rock (it can be argued that other punk-rock only played variations on the Ramones' themes) but they coined a new theory of what it means to make music. After centuries of progress, their three chords marked a near return to the Stone Age. That primitivism would influence thousands of musicians all over the world, from rock to jazz, from the avant-garde to ska. The Ramones invented punk-rock, the most widespread musical genre of the late twentieth century. Nobody had done it before them and perhaps no one else did it like them. The world before and after the Ramones are two completely different worlds. 1976 is a watershed for the history of music (not just rock, even jazz and classical, as the many John Zorns demonstrate). When it exploded, punk-rock radically changed the face of the planet, it was a shock comparable to Chuck Berry's guitar riff and the San Francisco hippies. A quarter of a century later, earthquakes are still felt. No one had ever played such music, not even the most rugged garage-rock complexes. Not only that: no one before 1976 would have expected that music would have been played in 1977. The Ramones literally came out of nowhere. If that was not a revolution, it is difficult to understand what revolutions there have ever been in music. Yet at the beginning they were considered simply demented parodists of the "canzonets" (their name, Ramones, is a parody of the Beatles, who used the surname Ramone when they traveled incognito). But the Ramones played "songs" like Beethoven played folk ballads. The "songs" of the Ramones made fans of the melody cringe.

decent post

Oh, you mean you don't like them. That's okay.

Ramones [Sire, 1976]

I love this record--love it--even though I know these boys flirt with images of brutality (Nazi especially) in much the same way "Midnight Rambler" flirts with rape. You couldn't say they condone any nasties, natch--they merely suggest that the power of their music has some fairly ominous sources and tap those sources even as they offer the suggestion. This makes me uneasy. But my theory has always been that good rock and roll should damn well make you uneasy, and the sheer pleasure of this stuff--which of course elicits howls of pain from the good old rock and roll crowd--is undeniable. For me, it blows everything else off the radio: it's clean the way the Dolls never were, sprightly the way the Velvets never were, and just plain listenable the way Black Sabbath never was. And I hear it cost $6400 to put on plastic. A

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 18K)

Joey Ramone was just schizophrenic and obsessed with Nazis because he thought they were cool mostly in a visual way, the iconography, uniforms and the images of them marching and whatnot. But he was Jewish himself, though, and very left wing politically and was vocal about this and it often caused him to clash with Johnny, who was a Republican.

>Scaruffi put it best:
opinion immediately discarded

Attached: 1517038486775.jpg (1031x1920, 169K)

la creatura..

step aside goddamn yanks, the real proto-punk coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=wuYkYjUTtjU

The only Ramones album I like is Acid Eaters how pleb am I

>Why can't Sup Forums into the ramones?
What are you talking about? This sad excuse for a board is very much a fan of bands without substance or talent at this point. I'm not going to dignify the second sentence with a response.

>Good dumb fun, no political or artistic nonsense
You remind me of people who honestly have an opinion that sounds something like this:
>YEAH MAN fuck high concepts in art, fuck progression of sounds and styles, fuck innovation and experimentation, gimme that good all 40s jazz that I can DANCE to all day bro! God, some jazz fans are so pretentious, where's my bowl??

>The stooges never released anything that is catchier than Judy is a punk, Rockaway beach, Oh oh I lover her so, and Sheena is a punk rocker.The ramones also have very reletable lyrics. Songs like I dont care, I wanna be well, and I just want to have something to do, for example.
As long as the songs have a hook, you like them, we get it. You are not the first person with this opinion.

>Sup Forums folk tend to think that complexity or amazing musicianship are required for good music
Face it, they were not competent musicians, because they appeared at the right time and could afford to do so. As well as the record companies.
>They don't think about how good the music is when it's being listened to, but instead pick apart whatever it is
What's wrong with music analysis and music theory? It has nothing to do with "proving" if a piece of music is objectively good or bad.
>Tl;dr being a good songwriter and a good musician are two separate things; being one doesnt make you the other.
That would make Max Martin and Dr. Luke Bach and Stravinsky of today, which it doesn't.

Viet Nam is mentioned in 53rd and 3rd, and Commando, but these songs are not political in nature.

What song are you referring to, exactly?

IM AGAINST IT

a surf band can't be political
that's why there's punk rock (which first appeared in the 70s england)

>Poor songwriting
>weak instrumentation
>Repetitive sound
These are all legitimate criticisms.
>Neck Yourself XD
Underage reported

>No bullshit, straight forward, rocking song.
That sounds boring as fuck

I'm over 50, and not only have I been to more punk shows than either of you have had hot meals, I was a fan of The Ramones ever since their first album was released, and I STILL like The Ramones.

You two didn't grow up during a tie when admitting that you liked The Ramones was an invitation to getting put in the hospital. Now you hear Blitzkreig Bop used in every commercial to sell any product the corporations can shove down your throat.

Where were you in 1976? You weren't born yet!

WOW, you like a band, fascinating. Not either of the people you quoted.

The Who were nothing but power chords and loud volume. The Ramones were basically keepers of the flame that The Who originally lit the torch of. (And that's a GOOD thing, boys, and girls, because THAT'S ROCK AND ROLL!)

You wouldn't have had punk or hardcore without The Ramones.
Either you're A) A contrarian B) A troll, or C) A shit poster.

Are you shitting me?
OK, maybe the styles and presentations of The Ramones and The Stooges are a bit different, but are you really trying to tell people in this thread that The Stooges didn't write songs as catchy or memorable as The Ramones?

You obviously know NOTHING about The Stooges. Are you really going to sit there and tell me songs like 1969, 1970, No Fun, TV Eye, Search and Destroy, or even Raw Power don't have the same importance and significance as the songs you listed? I think you need to listen to The Stooges again.

And this is the person who couldn't find any elements of Jazz in The Beatles' music? You're gonna take the reviews and opinions of this scruffy wop seriously?

>And people shit on Christigau.........

That's just a covers album

Nope. Punk is an American invention, and was the first country to coin the phrase.

And I take it you're not a fan of The Who?

Pic posted is daily reminder that The Ramones, and all punk from that era is now Dad-Rock!

Attached: Archie Ramones Dadrock.jpg (1944x3040, 3.38M)

I like many bands.
What's your point?
Are you going to contribute to the conversation, or merely shit post sarcastically?

>Punk is an American invention, and was the first country to coin the phrase.
fine, show me the first political american punk

>What's your point?
Yours was that you like a specific band. What's there to contribute?

i have the album. it's in the us for decades

Did you actually read my post you annoying cunt? I never devalued the stooges. I Said that the Ramones ARE CATCHIER and FASTER which they are. Also I never said that the stooges never wrote memorable songs. But you know what, after looking back on all 3 stooges albums you're right. The stooges did write just as catchy songs but I still give the edge to ramones. You shouldve posted I wanna be your dog, and gimme danger instead of raw power and 1969. Better songs. Just fyi I know that the stooges are better. But they are not faster and the ramones wrote catchier songs.

they played bonzo constantly during live shows

I just looked at my vinyl copy and it's a UK pressing. My older brother probably bought it secondhand in the mid-to-late 80's.

>No bullshit, straight forward, rocking song.
lol you sound like those trapfags who don't defend their music beyond "it bumps in the whip" or "it's a banger"

>black sabbath
>not listenable
uuuhhhhhh....

Attached: 1520816347856.jpg (988x1024, 119K)

the Ramones are pretty good, mostly like their early and live stuff but a lot of it does sound the same desu there are many other punk band that are way better, when i was in the scene i always thought people with ramones gear were posers because hey are so commercial and entry level tier