Silence Movie

New Scorcese leaked. What's the best quality version?

Other urls found in this thread:

fmovies.se/film/silence.oj725
clicknupload.link/fgnjnjxx24w7
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/martin-scorsese-the-irishman-robert-de-niro-al-pacino-joe-pesci-silence-i-heard-they-paint-houses-a7369376.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the wop hasn't made a decent movie since 1992

He literally never made a good movie.
Taxi Driver is about a looney white male that snaps and shoot people, woooow.... so intelectual!

enjoy wasting 3 hours on some of the worst acting and most boring story you have ever seen

pleb detected

If it wasn't for the Japs this movie would be awful. I like Garfield but he was pretty mediocre in this.

Also i's legitimately boring for alot of it but just about manages to draw you back in by some aesthetic as fuck sets/scenery. Was there even a score for this? I get why not to use one but I think the movie suffers for an almost complete absence of music all the same

Watch it if you big on Japan and/or religion but if not you are just wasting your time

stream + download link
fmovies.se/film/silence.oj725

ITT: Sup Forums posters are too young and immature to enjoy a film about theology

>so intelectual!
it was supposed to be intellectual?

thanks for the only decent reply

Don't give a fuck about religious zealots brainwashed into defending fairy tales with their lives because they think it validates their beliefs for the same reasons that suicide bombers think what they do is noble. FUCK RELIGION, it's for simple minded, easily controlled sheep!!!FACT!!!

>fmovies.se/film/silence.oj725

hard pass, quality is terrible on this

lololol

that edge is too sharp bro

there's a better version than the dvd screener?
clicknupload.link/fgnjnjxx24w7

If you didn't like this movie you're a fucking pleb

Prove me wrong bro; pro-tip, you can't!!!FACT!!!

there is nothing deep about this shit movie.
christ cucks deserved what they got.

You need to be 18 to post here.

I'm enjoying it so far.
I'm only 9 minutes in, but I'm liking it.

honestly i thought it was alright. the cinematography was a highlight. some of the performances were good and the story kept my interest even if it dragged at times and it's definitely not going to be everybody's cup of tea.

anyone have a hard time understanding the dialogue? i'm going to need to watch it again once the blu ray rip comes out w/ subtitles because some of the accents were very thick and it was hard to distinguish what they were saying.

I think that was done purposefully

I didn't have any trouble with the accents tbf

also i love how on the poster neeson is gigantic and garfield and driver look like tiny little hobbits in the corner. i guess you could say it makes sense since he is kind of the guy who propels the action of the entire story much like kurtz in apocalypse now but he has literally 15 minutes of screen time in a 3 hour movie.

i wonder if that was the part daniel day lewis was going to play back when he was rumored to be in it and if it was a larger part at that point in the process.

Anyone who didn't like the wolf of wall street doesn't like having fun at movies; or is just trying to impress everyone on this board

>not since '76

people didn't like wolf of wall street?

>Agony by agony, Silence imitates the classic films about religious intolerance and spiritual doubt: Father Rodrigues and Father Garupe hide in tall ferns from avenging warlords, evoking Sternberg’s Anatahan (1953); their witnessing of enslavement recollects Mizoguchi’s Sansho the Bailiff (1954); their surprise at the Japanese converts’ devotion recalls Borzage’s The Big Fisherman (1959); Rodrigues’s questioning by a devious old samurai (Issey Ogata) is a twist on Bresson’s Diary of a Country Priest (1951); a recurring Judas figure representing abject mankind brings to mind Buñuel’s Simon of the Desert (1965); an icon of enduring faith references Bertolucci’s The Last Emperor (1987); even Neeson’s appearance unfortunately brings to mind Batman Begins (2005). Yet none of these references ultimately increases our understanding of today’s spiritual and cultural crisis; these scenes are inscrutable, as though a movie buff were citing a mixed-up catechism.

>Silence takes a juvenile approach to what Ingmar Bergman already explored in his Sixties “Silence of God” trilogy: Through a Glass Darkly (1961), Winter Light (1963), and The Silence (1963). Those films, famous at one time on the long-gone art-movie circuit, depicted the spiritual agony of Christians in the modern, secular world. But Scorsese, belonging to the draft-dodging generation of movie-brat auteurs (Coppola, Spielberg, DePalma), seems to have lost touch with the cultural basis of Bergman’s spiritual questioning, as well as Fellini’s, Rossellini’s, and the subversive Buñuel’s.

he is literally Sup Forums the poster. hates everything critics universally praise, and thinks batman v. superman is a masterpiece.

meant to say Sup Forums the film critic. my apologies.

Liam Neeson fucking killed it even though he was only in it for such a short amount of time

>universally
>WAAAAH everyone has to have the same conformist cookie cutter opinion
>WAAAAAAH I can't cope with people disagreeing with me

Well religion is complicated as its whole basis revolves around a big speculation (ex: a god exists).

So yeah, its sort of a fantasy movie but gathering that we know relatively next to nothing about the world, and might never come to know everything (the smallest subatomic particle that can exist) its perhaps worth taking a chance and what not, see what religious people think about the world. It's also a period drama set on japan so doubly interesting. In my opinion sometimes is easier to believe in an unexplainable outer plane than the physics. But its far more succint and reasonable to maintain a scientific first mentality.

the drunk betrays them like fifty times. oh spoiler

i'm just stating facts.

besides it's one thing to be contrarian once in a while but when you hate every single movie that is considered to be "great" it's just weird.

>worst acting

>I'm just stating facts
No, you're not.

Your gross oversimplification and generalization of the board's opinion just shows you're a brainlet unwilling to question and challenge the entertainment you consume.

Silence is literally the film Terrence Malick would make if he wasn't such a hack.
It provides actual insight into a deep issue and explores what it means to be Christian and in the process it challenges everyone, of every faith (or lack thereof) what their beliefs are and what obstacles they've had to deal with in life.

My one nagging complaint comes towards the end of the film, the voice of God and then the final shot of the crucifix in his dead hands, as I feel it too blatantly advocated a particular viewpoint after the entire film had been exploring the theme from all angles.
But I give Scorsese a pass as he is deeply Catholic and this film is clearly very personal to him.

You should feel bad for even posting this as bait

I really want Scorsese to make a samurai movie, even if it's a remake of Seven Samurai.
He's really got that Tokugawa Shogunate era Japan feeling down perfectly.

/our guy/

Agreed, that scene of Andrew Garfield meeting him and seeing the rumors were true was haunting.

Yeah but more importantly is it a kino?

kino is as kino does

>He's really got that Tokugawa Shogunate era Japan feeling
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

what did she mean by this?

so is there actually a good quality version out?

The inquisitor and the translator were both great. Really carried the movie.

>

Is The Mission any good?

I thought it was stiflingly dull

Honestly, I was totally convinced by this movie that Buddhism is the GOAT religion

It's a fucking mess

Don't waste your life on it

This

It was meaningful the first time, but by the like tenth time it's just stupid.

What the fuck was Scorsese thinking

all the negative opinions on this board make me very excited. It sounds like it must be a real masterpiece if all the plebs are so upset by it.

Funny thing is buddhism got completely replaced by Shinto just a hundred or so years after the events of this movie

This fucking guy was great

Scorsese never wrote it though

>tfw pleb city probably won't be getting Silence

It's not even pleb-filter material, it's just boring and long.

But go for it, see for yourself

Basically every reviewer I read regularly has called it a masterpiece and one of Scorsese's best.

You might want to look in the mirror again friend, find the pleb lurking inside of you. The pleb who describes movies as "boring."

Maybe you're right, senpai

Good luck on your journey, maybe you too can discover your inner pleb watching Andrew Garfield laughing into a puddle for no obvious reason

It's not boring at all, in fact for a 3 hour movie where little happens it's incredibly suspenseful and entertaining.

>movie doesn't provide "obvious reasons"
>terrible movie

Just watch it senpai

You will become an old man, filled with regret at donating your life to making Scorsese wealthier

Nah, I'll be filled with joy at the fact that Scorsese is making masterpieces right up until the end of his career

At least we can agree that Silence is the end of his career then

it's not though

anyone know where to get subtitles?

Was his entire job just to troll people into the ground?

Yes it is

*tips fedora*

It's really fucking good, but it won't be recognized as good until at least a decade from now. It's sort of like The Last Temptation that way

How?

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/martin-scorsese-the-irishman-robert-de-niro-al-pacino-joe-pesci-silence-i-heard-they-paint-houses-a7369376.html

>makes his best movie and best film of the decade as his last
I'd be okay with this.

it's an adaptation of one of the greatest novels of the 20th century senpai.

i think you didn't understand the movie. Him "betraying" his faith over and over just to get absolved afterwards was a central theme

God I hope the Irishman turns out good, I've been really skeptical of Pacino and De Niro the past decade

I think we can be hopeful for that. Wolf and Silence indicate Scorsese is still capable of making great movies. Definitely can't argue on the Pacino and De Niro criticism, there's been barely a good movie between the two of them in the last 10-15 years.

That dude was fucking brutal, I wonder if he was aiming for Inoue's job, because he was almost as cruel of an interrogator.

I loved how he mixed cop cop/bad cop into one persona.

I'm silent, how? Like a mime? I'm here to amuse you?

hes not wrong tho!
The acting is bad, Garfield is not winning any awards any time soon.
I did like the cinematography some nicely composed shots.
but Andrew...lad what the fuck were you doing?
The scene where he is locked in a cage and they kill one of the Japanese Christians, I laughed my ass off at the monkey noises he started making, when I should have been feeling bad about the Jap getting executed.
The Japanese actors sound hilarious! I couldn't stop grinning at the accent and broken English.
The reason for them going to Japan is pretty dumb too.
Maybe i'ts because religion is outdated but basically
>Their teacher, Priest was captured while doing some missionary work(trying to convert Buddhists to Christians)
>They are told that he is no longer a Christians and is now living as a Japanese.
>"no"
tl:dr
Christians go to Japan to try and spread Christianity and get BTFO
no sword fights, no ninjas, no Godzilla no Karate.
Just unbearable acting by Andrew "im acting" Garfield.

ITT: Sup Forums vs Sup Forums

>being this spiritually bereft

YES!
He literally carried the movie.

I see it now. He is the keyhole and Garfield and driver are the keys.

I would say watch it for the nicely composed shots.
some of them make you say
>yeah oh yeah thats a nice shot
while stroking your cock.

WTF! this post has opened my eyes

The Departed is great.

It's a fantastic film
There's no explosions/superheroes or meme-value though. Hence why this board hates it

lemonparty.org has pretty fast torrents for the best one

rly?
let me go check quickly!

memes age like milk.

are you autistic or a girl?

kekekekekekek

memes
memes never changes

it starts strong but gets repetive and boring. also kylo should have been the protagonist.

leddit