Is this movie for pedos? I'm pretty desensitized to most shit...

Is this movie for pedos? I'm pretty desensitized to most shit, but seeing a 13 year old Natalie Portman sing "Like a Virgin" and try to convince Jean Reno to take her virginity while wearing a loose-fitting tank top made me feel pretty uncomfortable. Supposedly, Luc Besson once married a 15 year old, so it seems likely he just made a subtle fetish film. I'm honestly kind of surprised Natalie's parents let her play this role.

It made me feel pretty uncomfortable too. I was wearing very tight pants after all

>try to convince Jean Reno to take her virginity

For what it's worth, that scene was cut from the theatrical release.

I wouldn't call it subtle, she pretty much begs him for sex. I think I read that Nat's parents made them change the script from actually having sex in it. Didn't change the script enough imo.

The original script has gotten out, and Leon and Mathilda do indeed have sex, though it's not clear if she was meant to be older in that draft.

They did say Portman was considered to young for the role. I think she should've been 14 or 15.

She was 15 in the original script and that script is more darker compare to movie.

Mathilda grew up in an abusive white trash family. She has been exposed to shit she doesn't have the emotional maturity to handle. Her innocence and childhood have been robbed of her. Many girls develop crushes on male authority figures once they reach puberty, and you're seeing this in Mathilda. Leon is the closest thing she has ever had to a father figure in her life, so she falls for him. If Leon reciprocated this in any way, then I would agree that it's creepy, but he doesn't. I agree that the tank top is a bit much, but honestly I think the movie handles the subject pretty well.

maybe you should stick to church approved movies you fuckin puritan.
oh no a work of fiction made you uncomfortable.
kill yourself.

It wasn't the fictional bits that made me uncomfortable. It was the very real 13 year old female's burgeoning tits poking through a tank top that made me uncomfortable.

In any case she's hot as hell

Gary Oldman is so fucking based in this movie.

I HAVEN'T GOT TIME

FOR THIS MICKEY MOUSE BULLSHIT

She probably should've been older than 12. If she was like 14-15 it would've been provocative without being outright weird.

>tits make you uncomfortable

lol faggot

You should go to a nudist colony.

Why they're all grannies there

Kek

Memba her? She's the director's wife.

All films with children in them are made by pedos, it is known

>a 13 year old Natalie Portman sing "Like a Virgin" and try to convince Jean Reno to take her virginity while wearing a loose-fitting tank top

Uh, what movie is this? Asking for a friend.

Just lurk fo' a Natalie Portman/Jean Reno kinographia.

I don't get it, is Luc Besson a hack or a genius? His movies are fun as shit, but they're also kind of schlocky. And why did he make those weird ass cartoons?

His movies stinks to arse son. Only Léon is great.

>implying 5th element isn't great
Huh

>it's a "murrican is "uncomfortable" with pure french kino episode

The Fifth Element
The Big Blue
The Transporter
Leon: The Professional

KYS

I agree. Made me feel disgusted. It's a great movie but I have a hard time seeing it for this reason.

>The Transporter
Whoa! Off yourself faggot.

Caspere knew this

Leon is actually really popular with girls. Because despite what people who consider this yucky might think, it is kind of a girl power fantasy movie. Girls do want to fuck their dads, it's weird but it's true.

Also shoot their enemies.

True.
Some girls love rape & daddy roleplay.

I've read those books so much I find myself saying "it is known" without realizing it.

It's not just the daddy thing.

He's a mysterious assassin super-killer with a fondness for a girl you could easily self-insert as being you.

In my mind Leon is meant to be a weird movie, sort of like Blue Velvet.

It's basically a depiction of a strange world of murderers and dirt degeneracies so it was okay to show these things. Their romance was weird as hell but not the worst thing in that scenario.

>Leon is actually really popular with girls.
fact.

she also turns into a killer herself

Leon is a great flick, but one thing has always bothered me. How does Mathilda know that Leon is some sort of super awesome hitman? I can accept that she puts two and two together when she sees all of his guns in his apartment, but she never actually sees him kill anyone until much later. Yet, she goes on about how cool and badass he is and how she wants to be just like him. I never really got that.

I don't think she actually kills anyone though. She brings a bag of guns to the police department, but she just gets caught.

Women are good at picking up a man's job from her surroundings, it's part of how they can quickly tell if someone is or is not good husband material.

She noticed the guns and Leon as some mysterious badass, so she connected the two and thought the only thing he could be was a hit-man.

well she becomes leon accomplice and he shows her how to do it

its just french amorality,
i remember a french movie where guys from a low district fuck a young girl like a common thing.
the movie revolves about how easy to get laid in france is

Because the movie was done right.

By the time you get to the end with her asking him to fuck her, they've had enough of a relationship where that would make sense from her end. Him refusing because he tells her he is too emotionally damaged also makes sense.

There were tons of scenes that hinted to how they both felt about each other (Reno loving her but refusing to fuck her because he has morals), and Mathilda loving him as a man.

It's easy to get laid basically anywhere, especially in the city.

Hell, that's the basis for the movie "Kids," where sex is so cheap one of the main characters only fucks virgins, and is able to pop a cherry almost every night.

Leon doesn't want to fuck her. He sees her as a little girl. He grows to love her like a friend and a daughter, and that convinces him to open up emotionally and begin to live like a normal human being. The bit about his past relationship is just to get Mathilda off his case, and he gets carried away in the story because it's a source of real pain for him. His monologue there is to teach the viewer how Leon became to be how he is.

Leon: The Professional, you fucking newfag.

It's just Léon you demented american.