I can't believe I'm falling for the meme that the Beatles are the greatest band ever

I can't believe I'm falling for the meme that the Beatles are the greatest band ever.

Attached: The Beatles.jpg (790x395, 91K)

Beatles is not greatest band of all time. Radiohead is greatest band of all time.

It's no meme.
It's the undisputed universal truth.

Wrong!

This

it's true my nigga

No other mainstream band in history has been as consistently great and cutting edge as Radiohead has. Not even The Beatles.

Radiohead wished they we're the beatles my dude.

radiohead has 0 bangers

I know that

>What is Idioteque
Literally heard that song at a bar a few weeks ago

Sorry, that would be the beach boys

>t. thoughtless Sup Forums drone

This. Stop being contrarians.

Attached: urb6a1gvyhay.png (1920x1080, 358K)

>bland inoffensive garbage is popular
Well no shit

>bland
They adopted and mastered a new style on each album.
>inoffensive
They've written some of the most candid and cutting songs about depression and isolation ever.

Bodysnatchers

this but with 0% irony

A bland style

>implying this hasn't been done a million times before
>implying this wasn't the "cool" thing to write about when they became popular

this is why everyone hates you guys. the beatles for their time did some unthinkable shit. there have been countless bands even in the mainstream being more cutting edge than radiohead (for example: the cure, bowie, nirvana all infinitely more mainstream with a lot more weight on their shoulders etc.). they have reinvented themselves only twice (okc, kid a)

YOU KNOW MY NAAAAAAAAAAME

LOOK UP THE NUMBER

Attached: 1507040364270.jpg (339x255, 24K)

ehhhhh Nirvana are nowhere near as cutting age as Radiohead. The Cure is debatable, but i'll give you Bowie.

It's not a meme. It's true

>meme
>one of the few pop bands to leave both classical composers such as Karlheinz Stockhausen and jazz musicians such as Herbie Hancock impressed because the compositions are just that good
>pioneered the techniques of studio recording to a core level, most of which are still in use today
>literally every great band in every genre has said they were an inspiration one way or another
>as early as 1964 their compositions were already being used as jazz standards
>unparalled fame which has yet to be beat while still maintaining a high level of musical greatness
>later move into studio and revolutionize the sound of music itself
It's not a meme, user. It's the truth.

This used to be my opinion until I learned to love Gira and the Swans

That's just proto poptimism

I'd say given poptimism wouldn't be around for some 40+ years, it's even more impressive. Plus, I don't think it's poptimism if you can musically back it up, and to impress people like Stockhausen you need to be really great.