What are some kinos about The Troubles? Or just set in or about Northern Ireland?

What are some kinos about The Troubles? Or just set in or about Northern Ireland?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5oZFnsFN2Cc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

71'

Mull of Kintyre looks like a dick lol

Harry's Game is the only one that's genuine kino

They're generally always from the Unionist side of things which is a put off, 2bh

The Devil's Own

youtube.com/watch?v=5oZFnsFN2Cc

any other nothern irish guys here?

Game of thrones

No

Yes

why cant they just give up northern ireland

MUH EMPIRE

50 Dead Men Walking

Have it on my computer, never actually watched it. But supposed to be bretty good

Also Patriot Games (which I have seen) is kino

I once drank Irish beer. Does that count?

We don't want that money sink, let the brits pay if they want.

They keep NI for the same reason the US bought Alaska.
It's strategically important when your neighbour can't be relied upon to defend itself

How come In The Name of the Father is so underrated? It literally burned me out for a few days after watching it. Is it because it isn't 100% accurate to the true story?

I'm northern irish also catholic and don't want to be united with the republic

I respect that view, but long term the only way we'll ever have a viable functioning economy is if we join with the South.

As it stands politically we're 2/65 million. The muslim minority in England has more political sway than we do. In Ireland we'd be 2/6.5, we couldn't be ignored

Northern Ireland don't want to go. Look at Scotland, the Irish are the same: All talk.

Economically we'd be fucked if we joined the republic. We're much better of as we currently are and we will stay this way as long as nobody tries to unite ireland. Also southerners are fucking cunts, fuck them.

scotland isnt divided

WHO /LIMERICK/ HERE?

Brexit will fuck us harder than any other nation since we're so reliant on cross-border trade and the it comes to investment Westminster will protect South England over everything else.

Long term, the argument that we're so poor that the South couldn't sufficiently subsidise us is a pitiful argument against Irish nationalist moaning. 100 years ago Belfast made Dublin look like a larger version of Larne, we should strive to at least make NI an industrious state that could compete for foreign enterprise

Only /Down/ master race allowed in this thread, sorry bud

Derry

It's inevitable that Ireland will be united again. NI will just run out of options and eventually we will get a PM that just doesn't give a shit.

ROI is getting even more religious than usual, not less though.

Dublin IS a larger version of larne

'71, Hunger.

Dublin Sup Forums meetup in CIA outfit when?

Funny how you have to go to Larne, a massive shithole, to get the ferry out of the country

>dublin

anywhere but dublin

Theres also the problem that a huge number of people here work either directly or indirectly for the government (Civil Service etc.) that would cause problems if Ireland was reunified

>It's inevitable that Ireland will be united again.

When was it ever united?

/Leitrim/ it is then

2 May, 1921

Derry, and does anyone actually call themselves "Northern Irish?"

Yeah it's a separate nation

Got cousins in Wimbledon, they say D4 is very similar to home

If Sup Forums committed and invaded there instead of Tuvalu, it'd at least make sure Leitrim enjoyed some time in the spotlight for once.

Eh, Ulster Unionists are a separate ""nation"". Their concept of what makes Britain great has diverged too far from the liberalised England, Wales and Scotland. It's closer to Falklander and Gibraltar patriotism than anything else.

>NI Civil Service = 30% of workforce
>ROI Civil Service = 23% of workforce
Not as large as I thought. Gap is still there, but you know yourself there's 40 year old spinsters who's job is to shuffle papers around we would be good to lay off.
Let's not even get into the health service. Half the southern parties are talking of making their own NHS, which would push that percentage up a few more points if they could do it.

Premier county masterrace here

This veered off into unbelievable territory pretty quick

If you're meaning how a British soldier somehow escaped that intense manhunt and remained behind enemy lines for so long, I sort of agree, but for the sake of a movie I didn't mind.

northern ireland is mostly populated by ethnic english people who are protestant, they don't want to live with ethnic irish who are catholic

Irish-American here, I'm 3/32 Irish!

>3/32 Irish
Literally great famine survivors

>has own assembly
>has own minister
>"muslims have more say"

sheesh i thought the farageposters were bad

>Unionist NI population: ~1 million
>Irish NI population: ~1 million
Muslim population of UK is 3 million and growing fast. It doubled since 2001.
Labour and Tories bend over backwards to court their votes, and as a voting bloc have the power to swing many constituencies in England.
NI is completely ignored in comparison, and the closest thing to power we get is propping up a parliamentary majority in the vague hopes that the government of the day will impose less austerity on us than they would upon Wales and Scotland.

>tories bend over backwards to court their votes
did you watch the london mayoral elections? zac goldsmith frequently baited with anti muslim rhetoric and it was part of what cost him his seat. That was for the mayor of the city with the highest muslim population and highest proportional muslim population in the country. They know muslims either vote on their community (labour) or on their business (tory), so they don't really seem to give a shit. it mostly manifests as vaguely PC billboard campaigns featuring at least 2 women of medium brown and super black complexion wearing headscarves, and a pakistani doctor

Michael Collins

LondonDerry reporting.

It's truly is the best day Lewis kino

Goldsmith is an ass though.
His baiting during the mayoral campaign was reviled by the party because it flew in the face of previous general election strategies that aimed to court the conservative muslim community leaders to endorse Conservative candidates.
In comparison, neither NI groups are even talking points for the main parties. Brexit jeopardises entire industries for NI and nobody seems to care

his campaign was reviled by the party because they lost. If he had won I doubt he would have issue within the apparatus of the tory party, except maybe a few people with london seats that might be reflected on poorly

because their policy is largely the same. Devolution through clenched teeth. What else do you want from them?

you fucking plebs