Now THIS was what we can call KINO

Now THIS was what we can call KINO
Documentary presented flawlessly.
not manchildren's BvS and other trying-to-look-serious crap.

Good to have a worthy Dirty Dozen and A bridge too far kind movie in 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_vRQv0cbao
vid.me/MT2z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=C_vRQv0cbao
NO NO NO NO

Hacksaw Ridge was like a compilation of overdone cliches and tropes from beginning to end. Watch Silence if you want real Christ Kino

>Documentary
what did you mean by this?

yeah. like it was BAD. i was really confused when i came back from it and everyone on Sup Forums was praising it. like the first hour is super bad and cliche. vince vaughn was a character straight out of a comedy (my entire theater were dying laughing at everything he said, even though it wasnt funny). the "one more" montage was something out of a made-for-tv movie. the silliness of kicking grenades, using a body as a shield, and pulling vince vaughn on a blanket as he shoots japs was just broke any immersion.

t.hanks

>even though it wasnt funny
lol this guy thinks mel puts on a french goatee, leotards, turtleneck and beret when he makes movies

>the "one more" montage was something out of a made-for-tv movie
The thing is, that's exactly how it happened. They even have the real Doss at the end of the movie saying that's what he did. Kind of hard to make a movie about that without presenting it.

SJW that trolls the greatest generation
>Why am I being persecuted for what I believe
>If you shoot a gun at a cardboard target we will leave you alone forever.
>I-I can't do that. I-It goes against my beliefs
Literally invents his own version of gender, whoops, I meant pacifism, and in the end everyone comes up one by one and apologizes to him for not being open minded enough.

Thanks Mel

>The thing is, that's exactly how it happened.
For some reason I doubt that.

I have no doubt the events did happen, but not like how they were in the film.

There's a fucking scene where Doss hides under a body, the japs only knife the body on top of him for some reason, then as soon as they walk out of frame Doss gets up, even though they'd be like 4 feet away. The movie had no thought put into it.

I wasn't talking about all the other shit, I was talking about the "Just one more" montage. The man actually carried about 70 people by himself, and he was deeply religious and said that to himself each time he dragged one off the ridge.

oh right, fair enough.

and sjws still hate it

Source? I have not heard it complained about once.

if the bayonet hit him there wouldnt be a movie made. a part of why a movie was made to memorialize Doss is he strung together a series of low probability actions in a low survival scenario and emerged alive, in of itself, remarkable. that he saved people's lives doing it is where rightfully celebrated heroism comes in.

Then why didn't they put effort into depicting that rather than just giving him plot armour? It's not actually believable he could be running around 4 feet from japs and not be noticed.

there was fog, and they have shallow eyes

if you honestly believe a single man was able to carry 70 men to rescue without a single jap seeing him or shooting him then you're retarded. the movie is heavily exaggerated from actual events.

sure, it could be 100% accurate according to the real doss, but that doesn't for a second mean thats actually how it went down. the guy is far below average intelligence and a religious nut on top of that.

according to him, "god" helped him survive on the ridge, and we all know thats not true either.

nobody in film gives a shit about the negative space outside the frame. outside the frame monsters snatched the japs. outside the frame the japs dropped dead from malnourishment and fatigue. you literally can make trilogies about what happens outside the camera's frame of a movie.

what is that even supposed to mean?

There wasn't really any fog in that scene and they'd have heard him pushing the body off himself and running around a few feet behind them

That's retarded

youre retarded about movies, my dude

God forbid someone likes to see effort put into a film

vid.me/MT2z

NO NO NO NO

I don't know if it was intentional, but that's one clever post

what about posters who want a little more effort from what's that behind you

i guess this isn't the only adaptation of his story, so you can probably look it up if it was true or not.

idk.. they told before the film it's on true events, i thought it's written on the stories of the survived soldiers and Doss. And also even if HE exeggarated it, the are possible official files about how many soldiers he really sent down that day, and why he got the Medal of Honor.

stop posting newfag

The Medal of Honor records describe tons of situations that sound insane but they really did happen. His entire company could attest to him pulling those people off the ridge. Are you calling all of them liars?
>according to him, "god" helped him survive on the ridge, and we all know thats not true either.
Well, I don't have a fedora image handy but let's just pretend I posted one.

how about a bit more effort in your cropping

>1473219069238.png

Oy vey I wonder who could be behind these posts

t. false flagging kike

just because god isnt real doesnt mean im a fedora wearing atheist. im just saying the guys credibility goes out the window when he claims god kept him alive

It's almost like war scenarios are inflated for propagandistic purposes or something

what about what happens outside the filename, am i expected to assume a file exists simply because a serial # of it does? ugh, so lazy postmaking, G-d forbid someone likes to see effort put into replymaking.

It's almost like you're accusing hundreds of people as liars based on nothing.
Careful with all that tipping. You might hurt yourself.

>god isnt real
of course it isnt if you think it is like Santa Claus or any personified upper force

what happaned to his brother anyway? where was he?

and who was Garfield as a kid? the one who hit the other with the brick? or the one who almost died?

He did save a shitload of people and there were many eyewitnesses that confirmed it. There is definitely exaggeration going on but it's obviously for the sake of film/entertainment, as with any film "based on true events". If he were still alive I doubt the film would get made. He turned down every film offer before his death due to inaccurate portrayals.

very rarely do we get to peer into the mind of a genuine fuck head's thought process. just more proof that the only solution for your kind is the final solution

>movie comes out in theater
>go out to see it
>enjoy it immensely
>get on Sup Forums
>it's getting lauded by everyone who saw it
>talking about the great visuals
>talking about the complete lack of sarcasm and postmodern cancer for the first half
>talking about the unironic and heartfelt religious devotion
>talking about the "Please god, let me get one more"
>everyone who sees it fucking loves it
>months go by and discussion dies down
>shitty screeners get available
>suddenly dozens of threads by """"people"""" who were either too autistic or couldn't afford to go see it are watching it
>ridiculing the earnest opening half and calling it cliched and hackneyed
>tearing apart what are great jarring scenes in the movie
>calling it shit in every thread and calling Mel a hack

>all this butthurt
And yet you can't refute a single thing

The people who lauded it when it first came out were anons who hadn't actually seen it but wanted to support Mel.

>Mel
>SJW
That's one thing. Should we keep going?

This movie is like Mel Gibson watched his Simpsons episode and decided the parody was better than real life.

wow it's almost like people that don't autistically jerk off over Mel and consider him their father figure can recognise the immense flaws in the movie.

I'm talking about the movie. Mel is not the man he once was.

It's a great movie.

That was over 10 years ago how do you know he hasn't changed?

Might be the cheesiest war movie ever

>the immense flaws
Point em out please.

see

He's not an SJW. And pacifism, the story of Doss and many other things weren't manufactured at all. They're real, and you would be aware of them you weren't 12.

Hacksaw Ridge is even worse than the young pope.

see

>literally every war cliche under the sun

>He's not an SJW
What proof do you have of this that isn't from a long time ago? Do you know him personally?

>Doss and many other things weren't manufactured at all
Even a cursory google search shows that the film was heavily embellished

I only saw the trailer but what I gather from it is this:
>dude doesn't want to kill people because he is religious
>so they send him to the front lines without a gun
So I am no military expert but aren't there roles in the military where you don't have to shoot people? Like medics, chefs and others?
Wouldn't it have been much easier and better for the morale of the troop to send him into one of there roles?
And how can a man survive a grenade blowing up right in front of him?

>What proof do you have of this that isn't from a long time ago?
What proof do you have that he is? Burden of proof is on you dumbass.

>Can't refute points so threatens violence
Don't be a child. Just use your brain and try and argue.

He's literally a medic. I thought they explained that in the trailer. Anyway, you're a dumbass.

Hacksaw Ridge managed to go from iconic to uninspired shit in the span of about 1.25 seconds as soon as the battle starts. That horrified soldier waking up was amazing, and then we immediately get obvious CGI blood effects and squibs that the camera never even tries to hide for the next 30 minutes. Mel wanted to make Saving Private Ryan but he made Windtalkers instead.

How is it on me? I cited the movie he and you cited your ass.

>I won't kill you, but I don't have to stop the men I save from killing you
really makes me think

But what was that with the trial where they say "Alright, you get to go to the front lines without a gun."

>That horrified soldier waking up was amazing

>How is it on me?
You made the claim in the first place retard.

But user, those things happened. Are you saying that life is just a series of cliches?

They sent him to the frontlines without a gun, as a fucking medic.

the whole point is that he wanted to serve but only as a medic

Yeah because his movie is SJW bullshit. You literally can't think of anything to say can you?

>Yeah because his movie is SJW bullshit.
In what way? Think carefully user.

see

It was. An artist couldn't have painted a better image of the horror and insanity of war without blood and guts. That shot is by far the highlight of the movie

see
Nothing in your post indicates anything that is SJW. Are you ok user? You're not making much sense.

you realize this actually happened right? Like none of this pacifist business was "tailored" for today. It happened a long time ago and the story is being told today. That's that. It's not sjw film making, it's an sjw they made a film about, and a darned good one at that

Not to be a party pooper but don't you kill people indirectly as a medic? I mean you basically fix people up that go killing.

>He's n-not a SJW I-i promise
Not an argument
>weren't manufactured at all
Even a cursory google search shows that the film was heavily embellished

parents are also indirect killers because they are giving birth to men who will kill others the war

The film was unembellished in some cases. He cut out some stuff that the real guy did because he didn't think movie audiences would find it believable.

Have you even seen the movie? Desmond had his own personal beliefs and he never tried to force them onto anyone else. Also it is a true story Mel didn't make it up for some political agenda.

>He cut out some stuff that the real guy did because he didn't think movie audiences would find it believable
Like what?

Well when they had the child they probably didn't know their son would become a soldier.

Did the father indirectly kill people by not murdering his sons when they signed up for service?

Winona Gooding who ran a farm in Kansas in 1942, provided food for part of the country and is literally responsible for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, fucking war crime cunt.

>that one loser who always posts this post in hacksaw thread
>has it saved on notepad

Kys loser fag

lol

>i-i-it's SJW guys
>guys PLEASE, listen it's SJW just take my word for it
If you make a claim, you must support it with evidence. You literally have no argument without evidence.
>Even a cursory google search shows that the film was heavily embellished
With some of the battles? Sure, they're a little cartoony, but Doss' actions did actually happen. He was ridiculed and hazed heavily by hius unit during training and before deployment. He was nearly court martialed out of the army. He saved nearly 70 people by himself on the ridge in one day.

see

why wont someone approach me in the streets and just put a bullet to my head?

After getting his leg blown to shit from grenade shrapnel the real Doss continued to treat other soldiers until he got shot in the wrist. He then told the other medics to tend to other people rather than worry about him and he used a rifle butt as a splint for his arm and then crawled to safety

Sounds like a load of fucking garbage if you ask me

Why didn't the japs just cut down the rope ladder?

>didnt think were believable

>the rest of that shit in the battle scenes was included

mel is an idiot

Sounds like you're butthurt you lost an internet argument.