/classical/

Avant-garde Indian homosexual living in secluded England edition.

youtube.com/watch?v=vocgV-oM6Io
youtube.com/watch?v=j1dNl3OWPAU

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. is kill. rip Papillons
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. kill
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
Leonard Bernstein edition
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Attached: 14340_html_m8e95847.png (865x1025, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TQxImlxSy5A
youtube.com/watch?v=7udClrQtmws
youtube.com/watch?v=5UuhhvLeI6I
youtube.com/watch?v=OzerJmdStq8
youtube.com/watch?v=JDZ_DlNfsWk
youtube.com/watch?v=yZbDs637RNo
youtube.com/watch?v=1niPB5jDWfQ
youtu.be/G6-Hrv220N8?t=4m
youtube.com/watch?v=upiDdZmFfQY
youtube.com/watch?v=foK8SyPqH54
youtube.com/watch?v=b7zQbNMtN8s
youtube.com/watch?v=6TwIY__VwaE
youtube.com/watch?v=50yVTedJVG8
youtube.com/watch?v=C10-45oHfvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Leonard Bernstein edition

Stravinsky

youtube.com/watch?v=TQxImlxSy5A

nice bois

which one do you prefer

Attached: stravinsky-hindemith-8c888600d04215b0643687ced94982b4.jpg (350x500, 29K)

I can smell this picture.

What kind of smell is it?

what does it smell like?

old people lol

lol

Stravinsky used expensive fragrance
He was a friend of Coco Chanel, for god's sake

requesting the debussy chart

It's not that good honestly.

Attached: 1477510594753.png (1024x768, 364K)

Debussy

youtube.com/watch?v=7udClrQtmws

who's the left one? I hate looking at him.

Nikita Khrushchev

oh well
still gonna check it out, thanks

SCRIABIN HOURS BITCH

youtube.com/watch?v=5UuhhvLeI6I

Attached: The man of my dreams.png (864x497, 590K)

Bach
youtube.com/watch?v=OzerJmdStq8

Whose WTC is best?
Feinberg, Ross, Schiff?
I would make a poll but I don't want to leave out any big names with good renditions.

Attached: bachanalia.jpg (268x322, 93K)

Schiff is shite. Of those 3 it's Feinberg.

you fucking nigger, i replied to the jussen video, not the picture of hindesmith and stravinsky.

Is romantic era stuff the only stuff that's listenable?
Baroque is just boring as fuck and classical was too obsessed with form and structure that it also is boring.

Don't abandon Chopin, /classical/

youtube.com/watch?v=JDZ_DlNfsWk

No

You're retarded lumping these things together as if they were some homogeneous thing. Lurk more.

MY DICK

>We accept the division of melodies proposed by certain philosophers into ethical melodies, melodies of action, and passionate or inspiring melodies, each having, as they say, a mode corresponding to it. But we maintain further that music should be studied, not for the sake of one, but of many benefits, that is to say, with a view to (1) education, (2) purgation (the word 'purgation' we use at present without explanation, but when hereafter we speak of poetry, we will treat the subject with more precision); music may also serve (3) for for enjoyment, for relaxation, and for recreation after exertion. It is clear, therefore, that all the modes must be employed by us, but not all of them in the same manner. In education the most ethical modes are to be preferred, but in listening to the performances of others we may admit the modes of action and passion also. For feelings such as pity and fear, or, again, enthusiasm, exist very strongly in some souls, and have more or less influence over all. Some persons fall into a religious frenzy, whom we see as a result of the sacred melodies- when they have used the melodies that excite the soul to mystic frenzy- restored as though they had found healing and purgation. Those who are influenced by pity or fear, and every emotional nature, must have a like experience, and others in so far as each is susceptible to such emotions, and all are in a manner purged and their souls lightened and delighted. The purgative melodies likewise give an innocent pleasure to mankind. Such are the modes and the melodies in which those who perform music at the theater should be invited to compete.

Attached: aristotlepolitics.png (308x308, 46K)

>But since the spectators are of two kinds- the one free and educated, and the other a vulgar crowd composed of mechanics, laborers, and the like- there ought to be contests and exhibitions instituted for the relaxation of the second class also. And the music will correspond to their minds; for as their minds are perverted from the natural state, so there are perverted modes and highly strung and unnaturally colored melodies. A man receives pleasure from what is natural to him, and therefore professional musicians may be allowed to practice this lower sort of music before an audience of a lower type. But, for the purposes of education, as I have already said, those modes and melodies should be employed which are ethical, such as the Dorian, as we said before; though we may include any others which are approved by philosophers who have had a musical education. The Socrates of the Republic is wrong in retaining only the Phrygian mode along with the Dorian, and the more so because he rejects the flute; for the Phrygian is to the modes what the flute is to musical instruments- both of them are exciting and emotional. Poetry proves this, for Bacchic frenzy and all similar emotions are most suitably expressed by the flute, and are better set to the Phrygian than to any other mode. The dithyramb, for example, is acknowledged to be Phrygian, a fact of which the connoisseurs of music offer many proofs, saying, among other things, that Philoxenus, having attempted to compose his Mysians as a dithyramb in the Dorian mode, found it impossible, and fell back by the very nature of things into the more appropriate Phrygian. All men agree that the Dorian music is the gravest and manliest. And whereas we say that the extremes should be avoided and the mean followed, and whereas the Dorian is a mean between the other modes, it is evident that our youth should be taught the Dorian music.

Well, was he right or what?

Bach

But Schiff is Poly's favorite, and we are an aristocracy not a democracy. Only the tripfags matter, provided they are aristocratic tripfags.

Fuck look at those Khazar milkers. Is that a roach or a kike?

youtube.com/watch?v=yZbDs637RNo
Richter

Yeah and we should only use the dorian mode and not advance music at all because we're totalitarian retards. Also affects are like totally outside us lol and don't mix voices (no polyphony boys!), I swear it's the gods or some shit lol also I like young boys and am gay.

man do i hate listening to her playing but boy do i love watching her play

Another anti-grecian canard smdh

youtube.com/watch?v=1niPB5jDWfQ

im thinking of getting an electric violin for my first, i kind of want to be able to amplify it and add distortion effects and also be able to play it unplugged to not annoy family during practice. what would i miss out on a real violin?

Attached: cap.jpg (500x500, 23K)

bump, also interested in this

>But Schiff is Poly's favorite
Further proof Schitt is overrated.

Aldwell

Schiff

youtu.be/G6-Hrv220N8?t=4m

Tozer playing Medtner, the best interpreter of his work desu. i took the liberty to start the video at the third Skazki for that one is my favorite, but the others are great as well

i like this
youtube.com/watch?v=upiDdZmFfQY

Boulanger

youtube.com/watch?v=foK8SyPqH54

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=b7zQbNMtN8s

Debussy

youtube.com/watch?v=6TwIY__VwaE

Roslavets

youtube.com/watch?v=50yVTedJVG8

Haydn

youtube.com/watch?v=C10-45oHfvc

Someone said it wasn't a whole lot quieter than an ordinary violin.

who disI thought it was wagner but I can't find the piece

Attached: valkyrie.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Probably Carl Orff's Carmina Burana

its dies irae by verdi

nope :(

yes! ty, i can finally go to sleep

petzold

that's what this thread is missing

Georgian

Well I guess you can say my eyes were a-Stalin when I seent those tits
get it?

I've been working on 4-hand music in one of my classes, it's hard to stay away of everything with another person sitting next to you

This

She and Yuja Wang should open up a strip club

*aware