The great debate

The great debate

Attached: great6debates.jpg (525x262, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One of them is responsible for shaping a generation
The other is responsible for school shootings
The choice is easy mew

I wasn't aware this was a debate at all. NIN all the way.

unironically the black parade

this.
reddit has truely arrived.

american idiot

pleb

My chemical romance inspired school shootings? Did Elliot listen to them?

MCR wishes it had a impact on anyone at all

Without any memery, these albums cannot be compared, their sounds, concepts and ideas are different, the only thing they have in common is that they're both concept albums.

But other than that, that is where it ends, The Downward Spiral is an heavilly industrially inspired rock album, while very much so acessible, it is much more experimental and interesting, people will love to call TDS "inacessible" or whatever, but the truth is, that NIN, just like Bowie, is albeit experimental band, but one which flirts with acessibility.

The album itself is a master piece, the layers of sound, amazing use of samples, perfect pacing. Every track is on point and feels important as the one before it, sometimes concept albums fall apart thanks to their concepts, but The Downward Spiral somehow delivers amazing songs with a narrative on top of it.

The Black Parade, while experimental, is much more Poppy, that is not bad, but it only rings true how different these two albums are, the inspirations from Queen never became more clear with My Chemical Romance than on this album. Which isn't bad, it creates some of the best songs from their entire discography, but unfortunately, I cannot say that the album feels all that focused, both musically and conceptually.
Sometimes you have the epics, reminiscent of The Wall, seeing how the first track is pretty much "In The Flesh?" and Bowie's "Five Years" combined.
But then the album kinda backtracks. With songs like "Teenagers", while a perfectly good song in its own right, doesn't really fit the concepts or even musically.

But still, it's an amazing album, but it could have been much more if it had more focus, focus of the albums it is inspired by so much.

So, The Downward Spiral is a better album, but that doesn't really mean anything, since you cannot compare them, The Black Parade's better comparison would be probably American Idiot.

>So, The Downward Spiral is a better album
oh ok thanks for clearing that up.

no prob

>
:/

Nine Inch Nails and it’s not even close

yo i never clocked the floyd bowie thing but ur right
i think black parade was a clear attempt at bohemian rhapsody pop punk edition

so,
10 vs
So we all know what's the better album

10 plebs.
and yes it's TDS

TDS is one of my favorite albums soooo...
nothing against MCR tho

Attached: EMERGENCY.png (353x296, 30K)

never had to use both before this board really is getting worse with time
take this gaudy preteen shit and fuck off already

Attached: advice.jpg (396x382, 41K)

both are garbage and if you listen to either and you're older than 13 you deserve to be gunned down in the streets

Kill Friendo instead for fuck sake

these

Fuck off friendo all you're doing is discouraging people from making tripcodes because you're such an awful tripfag

Seriously leave. Thank you.

Damn I miss My Chem. Never got to see them live.

this site 18 + year olds

What the fuck?? People compare NIN to MCR? TDS is vastly more interesting and genre-bending. One sounds like an electronic orchestra done by a wimpy drug addict. The other is some pathetic pop punk garbage.

Throw hands m8

Attached: duke nukem.jpg (740x546, 271K)

seriously, this is kid's music
you aren't kids any more
spongebob-tier ditties for self-obsessed tweens to feel "deep" and "understood to"
go anywhere else with this shit

>taking a trip seriously
HAHA WHAT??

>Almost track for track perfect
>Defined a genre of music
>Paved the way for countless musicians
>Pic unrelated

I am Anonymous and I endorse this message

If so many people are still listening 15 years later guess it's not kids music bucko ;)

holy fuck!
Friendo BTFO!!!!

>said emotionally stunted tweens never blossom into adults because they are emotionally stunted tweens
>migrate to Sup Forums because that's where all the other misfits go
>continue talking about their whiny cuckrock because they never grew as a human being
still music for kids

dude nah

Attached: 200[1].gif (274x200, 1.33M)

you sure showed me by posting a gif of the preeteen idol jonah hill

Attached: giphy[1].gif (245x179, 447K)

100% chance you also post epic spongebob memes + think you're hilarious and down-to-earth

uhh

Attached: giphy[1].gif (200x146, 763K)

>cuckrock

Attached: merle laughing.gif (480x262, 2.8M)

this is the most stupid comparison i've ever seen. while tds is a masterpiece in production, concept and sound.
the other one is just avenged sevenfold's guitars with billy joe on vocals.

kys

Attached: fake emo faggot.jpg (589x395, 68K)

keks

One is derivative industrial-influenced synth pop, yet is one of the greatest rock albums ever made.

The other is a profoundly innovative melding of post-hardcore, modern pop, goth aesthetics, and Queen, yet is one of the shittiest, most annoying AOR records ever made.

>there is a difference between the fan base of my chemical romance and nine inch nails
maybe this is why the comparison has been drawn, as they are exactly the same

no

You gotta be joking.
One has good taste in music but depressed, the other ones are queers going through goth phase

Only time I would ever agree with this retard.

>being this deluded and blindly in love for your tront dad

you guys know that you post this every time I have an opinion right

those are the same thing dumbo

>emotionally stunted tweens
says the guy who posts pictures of anime girls

this. all the mcr fans i've known are just teenage girls with black clothes, and they also like 21 pilots.

Attached: 1520403880803.gif (275x206, 1.66M)

Wh-Wha-What is this gay shit, user?

funny, that is the exact demographic of fans of the downward spiral outside of this board

now you're just manipulating information at your favour kys

Attached: doggo.jpg (497x521, 33K)

deny it all you want, but you're just ignorantly putting the record on a pedestal in your bubble world.

i am surprised you're not american though.

>Doesn't know about secret Sup Forumscore
MCR by a mile.

How is this even a debate, NIN is on a whole other level above MCR

It's just ironic memers

This

Always Front for Tront

Attached: tumblr_nlmolntWzS1tn819to1_1280.jpg (620x620, 89K)

>this thread has 61 fucking replies as I'm typing this
Jesus Christ, you people really take the bait.

>I have an opinion right
Do you not understand how much of a fucking fantasy that is, you fucking retard? Please do everyone a favor and kill yourself. Blow your fucking brains out of the back your head with a shotgun. Hold the trigger with your big toe and grab the barrel with your hands, shoving it right to your forehead before pulling the trigger so your brains splatter wildly on the wall and chair behind you. The police will arrive shortly due to the sounds and smell coming from the room- at first they will be shocked, but then upon examining your computer history they'll find out what shitty opinions you have and toss your body in the river like garbage. No one will miss you.

why would you even ask such a stupid question? NIN and it's not even close, you fucking philistine.

I mean The Black Parade is one of the greatest albums of all time sooooo

Not really. We all agree that both are shit.

People on this board actually think Black Parade is better.

Attached: Pepe stare.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>that is the exact demographic of fans of the downward spiral outside of this board
The Fragile is the superior album, though and I don't see the goth mall kiddos hyping it up nearly as much as TDS.
They probably masturbate to that lame ass opener for With Teeth, though. Easily Trent's worst vocal performance to date.

Black parade if you like superior production and lush composition. But I get it, some people just like heavier, crapier crap.

in addition to this, I must add this antecdote.
Back when I first got into Nine Inch Nails in High School, those who listened to them only really acknowledged Pretty Hate Machine, The Downward Spiral and likely With Teeth. When you try to bring up Broken, The Fragile, the various remix albums and even Year Zero when it first dropped, I got funny looks.

>superior production
Is this bait?

Maybe a decade or two ago.

>pop punk and showtunes
>lush composition

>The great debate
>73 Replies
Yeah this debate is lookin pretty great

calm down kid nobody but you is taking me this seriously

The one on the left if you're 30 years old and older, the one on the right if you're 25 and younger.

It's a pasta new friend

damn only looked up the first sentence
you kids made some really lame pastas while I was taking a Sup Forums break

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

>>>/anywherebuthere/

Ughh shut up faggot nobody cares

Black parade

>Be me, age 13
>Get into MCR
>Someone calls me a faggot online and says NIN are better and not for "whiny pussies like me"
>Get into NIN
>Someone calls me a faggot online and says punk is better and not for "whiny pussies like me"
>Get into punk
>Someone calls me a faggot online and says metal is better and not for "whiny pussies like me"
>Get into metal
>Someone calls me a faggot online and says extreme genres like death and black metal are better and not for "whiny pussies like me"
>Get into extreme metal
>Someone calls me a faggot online and says harsh noise is better and not for "whiny pussies like me"
>Get into harsh noise
>Someone calls me a faggot online and says danger music is better and not for "whiny pussies like me"
>In my mid-thirties, watching some guy break glass with his teeth
>Finally content knowing that my music taste is superior because of just how fucking extreme it is
>Kinda want to listen to The Black Parade though
>mfw I've truly never progressed from being the emo faggot I always was, an hero out of shame

Then when some of the queers never leave their goth stage and enter their leather daddy stage the real industrial and noise can begin

>>Be me, age 13
>>Get into MCR
>>In my mid-thirties

I'm in my early 30s and MCR didn't even exist until I was about 17, let alone have an album.

Attached: thinkspin.gif (600x600, 899K)

You're so insecure about how long you've been on Sup Forums, you take bait every time fucking hilarious

>saw this thread
>unironically paused schnittke's psalms of repentance and put on i brought you my bullets, you brought me your love
>no regrets

Attached: 1519993727920.png (275x266, 87K)

yr trying too hard bud

Wow even my declaration of baiting was enough to bait you, you're pathetic hahaha

epic

Stop calling this retard attention. Filter him.