I SAID BABY

I SAID BABY
I DON’T REALLY WANNA KNOW
HOW YOU GOT ENGROSSED

Attached: 0B99DAA1-232F-4B36-8048-7F0E87CDE5AA.jpg (1577x1242, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3aatEBIZHNU
youtube.com/watch?v=6qTPl5Do8mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU
youtube.com/watch?v=kRYAi2rO0bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LJzCYSdrHMI
youtube.com/watch?v=ppmUdn6GUXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-3E4A5jduF0
youtube.com/watch?v=ct-qa6SjRZo
youtube.com/watch?v=mBqvP9lAWjw
youtube.com/watch?v=oVCJaUG2pFw
youtube.com/watch?v=p29MG7wn4F8
youtube.com/watch?v=-FBmYOB9WkA
youtube.com/watch?v=3nWJQStqrfw
youtube.com/watch?v=O5kNAMNf724
youtube.com/watch?v=JQxGVkcZ7WQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hgeqC5Ez38Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0DbBeWjSTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GUNALEHFOREVAAAAAAAH

Remember when Britpop bands would make US and UK versions of their videos because Americans needed flashier, grungier, less blatantly European visuals to hold their attention?

youtube.com/watch?v=3aatEBIZHNU

youtube.com/watch?v=6qTPl5Do8mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU

youtube.com/watch?v=kRYAi2rO0bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LJzCYSdrHMI

youtube.com/watch?v=ppmUdn6GUXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-3E4A5jduF0

There's a US version of the Don't Look Back In Anger which has the same editing styles as Wonderwall's video

All of the US versions are better too, weird

UK:
youtube.com/watch?v=ct-qa6SjRZo

US:
youtube.com/watch?v=mBqvP9lAWjw

No way, the UK version of There's No Other Way blows the US version out of the water.

CUZ, I JUICE WARNER FLY

youtube.com/watch?v=oVCJaUG2pFw

youtube.com/watch?v=p29MG7wn4F8

youtube.com/watch?v=-FBmYOB9WkA
youtube.com/watch?v=3nWJQStqrfw

That US video is atrocious.

Remember when the US version of The Holy Bible got its own mix that made it sound like a shitty grunge album?

youtube.com/watch?v=O5kNAMNf724

the UK version for this video had been shot in america lulz

This?

youtube.com/watch?v=JQxGVkcZ7WQ

Was this even shown on TV? It's really poorly made.

youtube.com/watch?v=hgeqC5Ez38Q

yes

it was also in the top 100 played videos on mtv for 1996

Not gonna lie, what is up with that Blur music video? They're just eating...

It's a british thing. Lampooning the traditional, stuffy sunday meals (like roasts and shit) in antiquated homes that people would do with their whole families

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0DbBeWjSTk

It's weird to think that "Live Forever" was up there with Brandy and Notorious BIG in the MTV countdown

>youtube.com/watch?v=oVCJaUG2pFw

Lmao, they reused like 80% of this footage for the Some Might Say video.

Attached: stop posting this garbage.jpg (768x704, 81K)

YOU AND I ARE GONNA LIE FOR EVA

heh, this is funny as someone said something about your only good post or something in another thread. your opinion in that other thread (maybe trent or something) was laughable, but this one is spot on.

Is that Beck in the US video?
The Manics actually prefer that version. I think they both have their charms, one better representing the post-punk aspects and the other better representing the hard rock aspects

HA HA

No.

>Is that Beck in the US video?
Yeah they were on the same label in the US so he just showed up at the set and got put in the video.

Did Suede even have a fanbase in the US?

They were a cult favorite more than anything else. A couple of minor hits on the rock/alternative charts, nothing big.

They had enough to get a few hits on the Modern Rock and Heatseaker charts, and to have to change their name to "London Suede" over there

In terms of the big 4 britpop bands, they were dead last.

They were the first of the Britpop bands to make waves in the states (Blur doesn't count because they were technically originally part of the post-Smiths/New Order "Madchester/baggie" indie scene that was the tail end of the first wave of "alternative" rock").

But frankly all that hype was mostly in music magazines. Their debut US single went to #7 on the modern rock charts the same week as "Creep" and "Regret" by New Order went top 5, but it fell out quickly. They were never able to really capitalize on a wider audience beyond the indie/college campus scene. They continued to be a niche group after that. Even Pulp ended up surpassing them thanks in part to how much critical acclaim they got for "Different Class" (being the alternative to the Blur-Oasis feud for American indie kids), being in the Trainspotting soundtrack at the height of Britpop/cool brittania, as well as touring with Blur in the states in the mid-90s. Suede kind of got left behind after that initial flurry.

Kind of like Teenage Fanclub, there was a lot of the hype around them around late '91/early '92, because they were power pop (a la the Smithereens and the Replacements), also British (well Scottish) "indie" (like EMF and Jesus Jones), retro-leaning enough to get the mainstream classic rock crowd, but loud/noisy enough to be lumped in with Nirvana and grunge was breaking into the mainstream. They could sit alongside the whole spectrum of late 80s/early 90s rock/pop music. Spin magazine famously gave it the #1 album of the year and other music mags, Geffen Records paid a six-figure sum for US distribution rights, "Star Sign" went #4 on the modern rock charts along with two other top 20 hits, the album began climbing the Billboard 200, and they even played Saturday Night Live.

And then nothing... The album stalled, the hype disappeared. They never graduated from tiny club audiences.