What makes some star quarterbacks (or other star college players) unable to adapt to the NFL while others who didn't...

What makes some star quarterbacks (or other star college players) unable to adapt to the NFL while others who didn't win big championships or otherwise weren't that well known are usually able to have long, successful careers?

good college teams have better/best offensive lines. their QBs don't have to learn how to read and make decisions quickly.

if your offensive line is dog shit, having the slightest bit of success means you are probably able to do something pretty incredible in a very short amount of time.

Inability to throw or make decisions under pressure is the biggest. Players on stacked college teams look amazing until they face real competition. Vince Young bootyblasting USC was the greatest college moment of all time I don't know why he never became a decent meme QB in the pre-meme era.

>get drafted to a shit team
>try to make adjustments
>shit line gives you no help
>shit receivers never open
>shit coach can't teach you

Gee, I fucking wonder

There are usually several reasons why i guy wont pan out. sounds like a Matt Leinart or every Alabama QB ever. While can apply to most "project" QB who have a good arm and all those nice measurables but can never learn how to not be stupid. Young probably fits into that as well although i remember hearing he was more interested in being a star QB off the field then on it.

Good call.

One to add: In the case of a few, their athleticism allowed them to dominate in college, but when they get to the pros, everyone is that good, and it's up to their football knowledge to see them through. If they didn't take the time to develop that, they're fucked. RGIII is a good case in point.

>good college teams have better/best offensive lines. their QBs don't have to learn how to read and make decisions quickly.

this is part of it.
other part is the WRs are just better then the CBs covering them; they get WIDE open, making it easy to complete passes. Then the QB never gets used to throwing WRs open, or anticipating breaks.

because in college, where half their opposition got shitfaced in a frat orgy 6 hours before the game, skill position players can still get away with mickey mouse plays that would get you annihilated in the pros

College Football is a joke

Defense does not matter whatsoever making Drafting Defenders into the NFL a crapshoot of inexperienced shit.

You get worshiped by teachers and students and scouts giving you such a god complex that when you make it to the NFL you immediately get humbled and reality crashes back when you realize your college glory daze are over. Everyone is twice the size as the ppl who hit you in college and instead of classmates worshiping you win or lose.

You now have millions of angry fans wanting your head on a spike when you suck.

Fuck college football. It produces like a 5% success rate of good players.

>It produces like a 5% success rate of good players

based retardbro

Bad attitudes.

5% would actually be a ridiculously good number of pro athletes from any junior/college/farm league or academy

I'm not sure user. Plenty of busts come from decent teams/coaches as well. I think that NFL defenders are simply too fast and hit too hard for an average qb to adapt to in time for a rookie season. We're in a golden era of defense and the game is too focused on the qb.

Heightened pressure on rookie qbs + obscenely talented defenders = a fuckton of busts

by far the most important factor is their ability in kneeling

the college game takes no skill that's why a literal monkey like Terrelle Pryor can succeed and then do absolutely fucking nothing in the NFL and have to switch positions just to make a practice squad. They aren't taught fundamentals in college they are just taught trick plays and qb runs so a superior athlete can walk all over a 3 star high school recruit.

The fact that the NFL is backward and retarded Jewtrick to grab sheckels with gambling and fantasy stats.
They don't give a shit about the game as a competitive thing. The last thing they want is 10 teams running the option with nigger quarterbacks. It would fuck up the predictability of fantasy football and gambling. Now the nigger option quarterbacks would be the highest scoring fantasy players but you'd never know which one of their WR or RB might catch the long pass or break the big run. Now any one of those option teams might have a chance of beating Tom Brady or Rodgers on any given sunday. No more easy sheckels from betting that is currently fixed down to a fucking science in Vegas.

After reading this thread I think I'll go to somewhere intelligent to talk about football.

A lot of the kids that come from colleges running meme offenses (Texas Tech, Hawaii, etc) also don't do well. Pass from the shotgun 95% of the time in college, then they get to the pros and don't even know how to take a snap under center without fumbling the ball.

college football produces 99% of all successful pro football players

high school football is a joke
what, like 1% of the players in HS actually go on to do anything noteworthy in college ball?

My friends brother used to be an assistant for the raiders and got to be in the locker room and on the sidelines a lot. I asked him op's question and he said it was really simple. The speed of the game. He said in college and high school the game is so much slower compared to the nfl That when rookies get to the pros. they don't know how to handle the fact that EVERYONE is fast and EVERYONE is big. Its too much of a shock for most rookies to understand or grasp.