Is there any chance of a GOOD Warhammer 40kino?

Is there any chance of a GOOD Warhammer 40kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGg5-w0qCX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only if it's about Orks.

Not really, since WH40K is dogshit for autistic retards who play boardgames in their 40s

No, because the Lore is retarded

No, and keep it that way.

If they actually did a movie like this there is no WAY they would be true to the ruthless xenophobic warlike nature of the Imperium. It would be so cucked its not even funny.

Warhammer needs to go under the cultural radar in this era of shame.

"No."

>tfw no BoB-tier miniseries about a platoon of Guardsmen that hold the line against unspeakable horrors

>tfw the die off one by one

>tfw the last episode ends with the only main character left dying while a fresh wave of guardsmen charge forward

Only if it's about the Horus Heresy and structured like a honest to goodness operatic tragedy.

Throw in shit about Commissars and you got me feeling as well.

>Normies will never experience commissars shooting IG for no reason.

You now realize there will never be a cineverse like Marvelkino but with the Primarch founding stories. Following each through their rapid growth and dominance (except for Angryman).

If only...

>3 hours consisting of nothing but dakka, mek and "WAAAAAGGGGHHH!"

>settings normies will never understand

>tfw no Nighthaunter kino from Nolan

people always want the shitty MUH EPIC. it would simply be trash.

instead it should have a restrained setting to a single planet with centralised charachters (and not named charachters from the games).

more importantly it should have its own subtext that it wants to tell, not just be a movie made to sell models or make bank on the name.

a movie about a arbite sent to investigate the political high class of a hive world where the arbite has to go through various high and low ends of society to find the truth of the situation would be interesting.

look at Lord of the Rings for example. Tolkiens larger universe is the backdrop used for small details for the centralised plot around the fellowship. it isn't THE plot.

The biggest problem is deciding on what to include and what to not include.

Trying to work out how much Space Marine, how much IG, how much xeno races and how much chaos to show off is pretty hard. You could do ones that exclude races, but that would disappoint parts of an already somewhat small fan base.

>Be 16 years old me
>Walk into Games Workshop because it seems interesting
>Can literally smell sweat from as soon as I step into the door
>People in there look EXACTLY as you expected
>Feel uncomfortable and get the fuck out

Most of the lore is retarded but I think parts of the setting can give rise to amazing stories given a capable writer. Too bad everyone who writes for GW is a hack.

And the 40k setting just doesn't appeal to general audiences as stated. If Hollywood decided to make a 40k feature film, the Imperium would be the villains: A caricature of traditionalism, religiosity, etc that's even more mustache-twirlingly evil than the First Order. The human protagonists would reject the Imperium as they become "enlightened" and and therefore defect to the (whitewashed) Tau Empire in which many species coexist in harmony. Basically Avatar but the blue aliens are more technologically advanced.

>a movie about a arbite sent to investigate the political high class of a hive world where the arbite has to go through various high and low ends of society to find the truth of the situation would be interesting.

tfw Dredd/Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Cthulhu-tier Gods and grimdark never.

FUCK

My local Games workshop only has that guy as the owner. Everyone else is either a manlet or socially awkward.

There was a chad that wanted to buy Tau one time and he was actually pretty cool.

The Horus Heresy novels were a mistake. It would be better left as a legend hopelessly garbled by time and propaganda by the time of the 41st millennium. Now we know that the Emperor, Primarchs, Space Marines, and everyone involved were all autistic, immature, and utterly stupid.

Isn't that pretty much the plot of 13 Hours?

Isn't that everyone in the setting though?

I mean, even the Chaos gods aren't safe from stupidity.

These. I think "space catholic fascists" is going to be too tough a sale for any major film company

There isn't enough autism in the world to fuel the production of this

Can't shove too much exposition into one movie. I'm thinking it should be Imperium vs Chaos on some industrial world. Protagonist isn't even a Guardsman, just a factory worker that's drafted into the PDF during a time of civil unrest that escalates into a Chaos cult uprising. Space Marines can show up briefly at the end, kill shit with extreme efficiency, and basically act like warrior-monk combat robots. The biggest mistake 40k did from a setting perspective was make Space Marines the center of the show, which led to them trying to humanize Space Marines and give them personalities. Look at how that shit turned out.

>Tfw no ghost guants HBO miniseries

>mfw up to the Perturabo one because why not
>mfw it's 90% FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEE

This.

Also
>retconning Ollanius Pius, one of the most kino characters in fiction outside of Fingolfin into a special snowflake that 'can't really die lmao'

>"Perpetuals were a mistake" - Matt Ward

>41st millenium
>Still worshipping the false corpse emperor

>implying worshiping chaos gods is any better.

>worshiping Chaos
>any year

Best Primarch and Legion coming through

>space vikings
>wolf everything

[real-life historical army, but in space] is lame by axiom and between Spess Mehreens and Imp Guard, 40k is chock-full of them.

>"Even though by all indications Wolf Priests use Warp powers it's not ackchooally from the Warp because...reasons"

actually the "Space Wolves" themselves hate the wolf everything as it comes from an error in translation

The fan-film will be finished soon

an Inquisition movie would be cool

just an Eisenhorn type character investigating some chaos happenings

The Wolves were allowed to use psychic power because the Emperor trusted them. He trusted Russ more than any of the others so Russ got to enjoy special perks and shit

Fuck off back to you've already ruined that board beyond all shit. It's like nu-Sup Forums there.

I can't escape Sup Forums when i want to go to other boards as >we have fucked up every part of this site.

>we have fucked up every part of this site.

WITH NO SURVIVORS

They've been saying that for like 5 years

/tg/ is bad due to everything being separated into generals and no one wants to talk about anything except naked elves. Even the sometimes good quest threads have moved to /qst/

At least Sup Forums has some good threads, but shitposting hour starts.

Both boards have problems, but on the opposite ends of the spectrum. One doesn't want to use the board theme, while the other talks about nothing except the board theme.

>wuteva day it is
>finkin big spiky gitz iz betta den gork 'n mork

ADB has just turned HH into his personal fanwank

>HEY GUYS HORUS SUCKS LOL. LORGAR IS THE MAIN MAN. HE'S AWESOME. SO IS ANGRON. LOL.
>BTW HERE IS A OC CHARACTER I MADE WHO IS INTERGRAL TO THE PLOT BUT LOL YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF HIM
>OR IS IT A HER? 50% OF MY CHARACTERS ARE WOMEN
>OR BLACK!
>BTW WE NEED MORE WOMEN IN SCI-FI AND MORE BLACKS IN SCI-FI HELP FOLLOW THESE ACCOUNTS I DO ON TWITTER
>ALSO HERE IS A TITAN BATTLE FOR NO REASON
>BTW THE EMPEROR WAS A STUPID EMO DICK
>OH AND HE WASN'T POWERFUL AT ALL. HERE IS A NEW OC DAEMON WHO EVEN THE EMPEROR CAN'T KILL
>BUT IGNORE THE FACT HE WIPED HOURS, BACKED BY THE ENTIRE CHAOS PANTHEON FROM EXISTENCE
>DID YOU SAY BLOOD ANGELS? ISN'T SANGUINIUS COOL? BA ROCK LOL. THEY'RE THE ONLY LOYALISTS I DON'T SHIT ON UNLESS IT'S TO BIG THEM UP AS HUMBLE NOBLE AWESOME SAUCE GUYS.
>BTW HERE IS SOME MORE SHIT

But best of all?

>HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT CHAOS WINS EVEN BEFORE THE HH IS OVER? YEAH. I WROTE IT. SO IT HAPPENS. CHAOS WON BEFORE THE FINAL BATTLE. CHAOS HAS ALWAYS WON. IGNORE THE OLD FLUFF SAYING EVERY FACTION HAS A CHANCE TO WIN. NOPE. CHAOS WINS LOL. THE NEXT 10K YEARS, THE 13 BLACK CRUSADES, ABADDON AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS POINTLESS, CHAOS ALREADY WON 10K YEARS AGO. TAU? ELDAR? ORKS? NIDS? NECRONS? UTTERLY USELESS LOL, CHAOS WINS LOL.
>OMG IM SUPER OFFENDED YOU CALLED ME OUT ON MY SHIT
>I KNOW, IN MY NEXT BOOK I'LL WRITE AN AFTERWORD GOING "I KNOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE DIVIDED ON THIS BOOK"
>I'LL JUST SAY "I KNOW YOU'RE GONNA HATE THIS" SO WHEN YOU HATE ON ME FOR HATING IT, I GET TO GO "WELL I DID SAY NoT EVERYBODY WOULD LIKE IT LOL!"
>BTW IM A MASSIVE CHAOS FAN BOY. I ADMITTED IT SEVERAL TIMES. I WONDER WHY CHAOS IS THE BEST AT WINNING EVERYTHING?
>OH NO PLEASE HELP ME LAURIE GOLDING! PROTECT ME FROM THE BIG MEANIE IMPERIALFAGS!
>WHAT? EVEN CHAOSBROS HATE MY BOOKS? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

HH was a mistake.

>Is there any chance of a GOOD Warhammer 40kino
No, because GW won't allow their profits to be shared with anyobne.

I never picked up the HH books because I felt I knew all I needed to know about that part of the lore but holy shit, no wonder the lore has become so shit.

You know, the fact that GW says that everything is semi-cannon should've clued me in.

/tg/ is shit because of 2010~ era mods destroying the entire site and enforcing rules that didn't need enforcing. So all the quality thread makers left, all drawfags left, all writefags left. Then moot said "all quests, CYOA and World building goes on /tg/" so we had burnt ashes and then newfags tramping and kicking them up. Then a new dawn, the faggot nazi mod was fired for being caught making troll threads in order to ban people (interestingly enough bait threads on Sup Forums which resulted in luring people in to be banned instead of deleting the thread also stopped I think) we thought we could rebuild. So I and a load of other people made Weekend Smut Thread. For 2 years we lived happily and the drawfags and writefags united once again. quests were disliked but shit got on with it. Then we got raided by a raid IRC which spammed so much the mods banned /wst/ and forced us to /d/. That was the final blow. The drawfags and writefags no longer come to /tg/. The rules are too strictly enforced (despite the original /wst/ being fine for 2 years and not breaking them) and shitposting IRC exist. Then we got gimmickfags like Carnac, The Slav, Vitaloptimum and several others shitposting.

/tg/ is a lost cause now. The bastion of light and hope against the furfag menace was crushed not by their legions, but by their own hubris.....

Or the fact people took the "/tg/ can't be trolled' comment to heart and a challenge. Generals are a result of people not wanting shit to be shitposted to death. /tg/ survived due to self-moderation. With that gone, people retreated to strongholds where the usual 60-100 people (in case of /40kg/) can defend themselves and unite against common faggotry.

That meant the borders weren't patrolled and /tg/ got invaded by Sup Forums and especially Sup Forums The whole LE GOD EMPEROR TRUMP meme was the worst thing ever. I have no idea how GW reacted to it.

ADB actually writes intardesting books but yeah. He's a faggot who hates the Wolves and Fists for some reason

This. Reminder that GW tried to sue someone for using the term "Space Marine" despite all of 40k ripping off everything from the Bible, Rob Heinlien to the Alien Franchise

Ah, a classic misinformed meme. One of my favourites.

2bh it's a guilty pleasure for me at this point, though I'm really disappointed with what they did to the Alpha Legion
>Gee, how come you guys get *two* primarchs*
>Lol actually the Alpha Legion are joining Horus to destroy Chaos (trust us monkeigh, it'll work)

You mean Tom Kirby tried. He was removed from his position as CEO.

The new CEO, Rowntree, gave the creator of The Lord Inquisitor a 40k IP license, for free iiirc. They just said he couldn't make money on it, not profit, but any money at all. So no donations. That's whhy it's taking so long. ADB is also working on it, the utter faggot.

Get the fuck off your high horse you idiot. /tg/ isn't even the most moderated board, try posting on Sup Forums you beta cuck

>Reminder that GW tried to sue someone for using the term "Space Marine" despite all of 40k ripping off everything from the Bible, Rob Heinlien to the Alien Franchise
>mfw they went full Jew and started changing the names of everything so they could copyright the new words

I mean ffs the entire universe is pretty much ORIGINAL FANFICTION DO NOT STEAL

it should be a case of show, don't tell

in the actual setting Space Marines are actually incredibly rare given the scale of the imperium. 9 times out of 10 its the Imperial Guard who are going to show up, if Space Marines are there they are either there in a very limited capacity like a special forces team or they are there for something more fucking important then just the regular warfare that keeps the Imperium going

The fact that GW is actually trying to take WH40k seriously saddens me.

Have they ever tried anything similar with Warhammer fantasy?

You could only do it if it focused on the Imperial Guard, and even then, it would probably only work if you based it on one of the Gaunt books.

I mean, nobody would ever invest the kind of money and direction, and acting ability necessary to do it, but I could definitely see a Tanith film that has the same kind of action that you saw in the Normandy scene of Saving Private Ryan.

The key would be to not go too far into the xenos stuff, or the Space Marine stuff. Yes, they are obviously important to the setting, but it's very hard to make that kind of thing not look cheesy.

At least with the Gereon arc of the Tanith books, you very much had a good story of hardened military people stuck behind enemy lines, and dealing with an enemy that was still fundamentally human.

FOR TEH EMPREH

I've not read any of the Alpha Legion HH books. Pretty sure it's implied that Alpharius is working for Chaos while Omegeon isn't. With each AL warband doing whatever they think is right.

ADB is an utter faggot. He really is. He doesn't understand anything. People liked 40k because every faction had an 'end game' and a 'win scenario', but nobody ever got to that point. Now he's just gone "Chaos wins lol" and invalidated the entire 10k years of 40k. Why? How does anybody enjoy that? Imperalfags hate it because it just ruins the victory of HH and all the shit they have to deal with after. Xenofags hate it as it invalidates every single one of the factions. Chaosfags hate it as it invalidates their primarchs and their actions in the next 10k years. It was all down to Magnus and Tzeentch. Chaos won because of that. Nobody else.

>Have they ever tried anything similar with Warhammer fantasy?

You mean with the name copyrights for the various races?

Didn't they introduce a bunch with Age of Sigmar, i.e. Dwarves were now Dweverin or something

That's not Rogal Dorn.

Exactly. Thank you for supporting my point. Glad we see eye to eye.

>Have they ever tried anything similar with Warhammer fantasy?
No, they just deleted Fantasy from existence instead.

>Pretty sure it's implied that Alpharius is working for Chaos while Omegeon isn't

Yeah, I'm not up to that point yet though I've heard that's what happens and Alpharius dies

>Why? How does anybody enjoy that?

Aren't Games Workshop building up to 40k Endtimes with the Fall of Cadia thing?

The courts said you could not protect terms such as Dwarfs, Orcs, Imperial Guard or Space Marine. So they went and changed it. Age of Sigmar was an excuse to copyright the names of things and create a new setting which wasn't just "ancient real life Earth".

Dwarfs became Duardin
Elves became Aelves
Lizardmen became Seraphon (don't google this, I wish somebody at GW had done before they named them this)
Empire because Freeguilders
Chaos got split up, Khorne Bloodbound, Nurgle Rotbringers, Tzeentch Arcanites and something for Slaanesh I forget.
Skaven are still Skaven
Chaos Dwarfs are something I forget. Zhuffbar or something like that.

In 40k, Imperial Guard got renamed Astra Militarium, with Imperial Guard being the 'low gothic' or 'common' name, AM being official title. Space Marines are Adeptus Astartes (obviously). Eldar are now qualified as Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Eldar Harlequins and Eldar Corsairs (and assumingly Eldar Exodites). Sisters of Battle are Adepta Sororitas.

Everything else remains the same iirc.

Changing their names isn't really bad. Protect your IP or lose it.

No. Reasons:

>GW will never relinquish creative control
>WH40k is pure nerd shit, not diluted one like LotR or Star Wars where even normies know what it is or have read the book as kids
>even if they did pick it up, they wouldn't understand it
>even if they did, they would fuck it up through diversity and gender equality (female marines etc.)
>and even if they somehow made a faithful adaptation, the suits would ruin it anyway

>Changing their names isn't really bad. Protect your IP or lose it.

Fair point but going after someone over copyright violation of "space marine" is still a bit excessive

No they didn't. They just moved it to a copyrightable setting. Everything that happened in WHFB actually happened and is remembered by the powerful individuals in AoS. Stop this meme.

Alpharius dies twice, actually./ As for Fall of Cadia, yeah. I'm expecting 40k to be 'deleted from existence' as memers keep saying WHFB was.

Speaking of Alpharius and Fall of Cadia. There is a bit of fluff in it which hints that Alpharius is still alive. . Which could easily be explained.

After all, it's rumoured GW are bringing back all the Primarchs.

>Alpharius dies twice, actually

I'm sensing a pattern here

40kino could be a perfect fusion of war epic, space opera, psychological thriller, and supernatural horror. But then, a great writer could make that without having to start with a setting like 40k, then throwing out all the stupid shit (which is 95% of it) and rewriting it.

The old CEO was a man named Tom Kirby. Who was an utter retard. He is no longer in charge. The new CEO, Robin Rowntree, has fixed so much shit it's insane.

All those new 40k/WHFB vidya (despite many being shit)? Rowntree basically gave the greenlight where Kirby was against video games as it 'reduced model sales'. The new comic GW has released? Rowntree again. The 40k Clothing Range? Rowntree again. The new book series? Rowntree again. The fan favourite unseen factions (Deathwatch, Imperial Knights, Ad Mech, Eldar Corsairs etc)? Rowntree again.

He isn't perfect, but god damn he is much better than Tom "I don't give a fuck about the game or the company as long as models sell, btw, I'm paying my wife £5m to make the Games Workshop website" Kirby.

I meant to spoiler that. Basically Girlyman claims to kill him, then Alpharius turns up in the outer Sol system and Dorn claims to have killed him. Seeing as Alpharius is the size of a regular Space Marine, it's entirely plausable he's still alive anyway.

Seeing as, as I said, in Fall of Cadia, an Ad Mech army reports of a single enemy "fighting with pre-heresy Astartes techniques" which "took damage way beyond the recorded limits of Adeptus Astartes" and essentially solo'd an entire Ad Mech Cohort, suggests that Alpharius is alive and doing sneaky shit.

I think a mini series would be better.

What to focus on, I wouldn't know.

>wanting a film about a setting that's being ended in a couple of years

Top cuck.

>Eldar are being renamed as Aeldari
>mfw all those faggot tears

It won't, because Eldar is not a 'common usage' word. Elder? Sure. Not Eldar. Aelves is a real word as well, but that's legally defensible because it's not common.

Now, whether the Eldar will even be around in a year or not is the most pressing question. if not, the tears will be great.

Dorn doesn't just claim to kill him. The book have a scene immediately after where Omegon wakes up, feeling that he is actually truly alone. He feels Alpharius die, and then assumes his identity.

That sucks, but it supports the "Alpha Legion is actually working against Chaos" narrative. As everybody thinks Alpharius is alive and still fighting the Imperium, when it's actually Omegeon who is loyal. Neat.

But if that's the case, who was the guy soloing the Ad Mech and took damage way beyond Astartes level? I doubt even Omegeon would have done that unless it would somehow help the Imperium in the long run.

Hmm who knows. Unfortunately ADB goes "I LOVE MYSTERIES AND TALKING ABOUT STUFF LOL" and then spoils and 'solves' loads of mysteries. Like where Abaddon's sword comes from or whatever.

Fuck ADB.

No way, heretic.

bbrrt

it's not 40K, but if youre looking for a flick that kind of captures a feeling of the grim reality of a disgusting world clashing with faith in an almighty power, you'd probably enjoy The Name of the Rose.

Quasi-40k films are

1. Judge Dredd/Dredd
2. Starship Troopers (all of them)
3. Priest (2011)
4. Event Horizon

>he literally fell for fictional propaganda

>Inquisition
>Imperial Guards
>Haven't seen
>Dangers of going through the warp

What is the thing that makes Priest quasi-40k?

youtube.com/watch?v=mGg5-w0qCX4

Tell me that isn't 40k.

>all this smugness and narcism, hollier-than-thou attitude
>is essentially bitching about how he can't circlejerk about/to his degenerate and pathetic weebshit on a blue board made for discussing board games

Judge Dredd is literally the basis of the entire Adeptus Arbites in 40k. Right down to the armour design.

Holy shit, this is pretty gud looking. I have seen people use clips for fake trailers all the time. How is it in terms of actual quality?

not him but you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about and you have no fucking idea of what actually happened, so next time, keep your mouth shut. cheers.

It's OK. The combat scenes and the designs are great. But other than that, it's pretty much what you'd expect. It isn't anything special, but it's a great watch if you pretend it's 40k related.

>"space catholic fascists"

Probably the last thing Hollywood wants to encourage.

No, fuck you. It's always the same bullshit with people peddling smut, quests, anime, fetishes, etc on /tg/. A combination of claiming superiority but also playing the victim.

thats honestly a great idea. it should show the descent of the city into utter madness, his neighbor suddenly showing up with other chaos cultist dudes in tow or he watches somebody sacrifice animals and actual demons answer, he reports it to the authorities and battles ensue and he just starts thinking "what the fuck, this entire city is going down to shit"
and then like you said suddenly draft notices appear on everybody's door, calling to join the army, chaos has taken some other city and you're called to action and you think.. jesus, we'd need the army right here not somewhere else, it's only a matter of time when this city falls too

it would make a shit movie because warhammer is just a bunch of tropes used over and over again

>3 hours of Dakka
>MFW

Fantasy>>>>>>>k
G O B L I N S

Okay, I was hoping you wouldn't reply, but let me school you so you fuck off.

The thread was run, every week, from Friday to Monday, for 2 (TWO) years. Not once did the mods ban it. Not once did the mods complain. Not once did anybody got banned. It didn't break ANY rules. Anything that wasn't worksafe was posted on /ic/ or off site. Mods had no problem with it.

Then along came an IRC Raiding group. They exist for every board btw the way. They then chose a popular thread. Do you know what they did? They spammed

>PUT THE DICKS IN THE BAG

For 2 months straight in every thread. They got banned multiple times but evaded. The mods didn't ban the threads because the content was against rules or something they wanted gone, they banned it because it was the only place the raiders targetted, so they auto-saged the thread. You can still make the threads, but it'll auto-sage. It was done as a temporary solution to the shitposting, but the mods left it on when the board said 'fuck it, we'll go to /d/'.

So, not only do you not know what you're talking about, you're now talking about quests and anime. Which leads me to think you're just butthurt. Or a shitposter. Or both. So I advise you to fuck off. People like you are what ruined /tg/. A board that was fine with pretty much everything is now filled with people like you going "REEEEEE NOT /tg/!!!!".

So, you've made /tg/ what you want it to be, a land of generals filled with occasional shitpost threads. So why don't you toddle back off there you fucking melt?

The other guy also didn't mention quests, only in saying the LITERAL ORDER by moot which was all quests, CYOA and world building goes on /tg/. That's on moot.

>fetishes

Ah right. Shitposter. I don't think you've even went on /tg/ when it first was created.

>complaining about fetishes
>on /tg/

lol, good bait. 10/10.

So, every film in existence then? You know, those ones filled with tropes? Those threads with the green facebook toad and humour chevron green text?

>embellishing some bullshit story, just to justify his victim complex
Exactly the same shit as quests, when people were claiming everyone loves quests on /tg/ and there were really only 3 vocal anti questers lol.

>muh /tg/ is for everything, why can't I derail threads with my stupid weeb shit or fetishes (magical realm, better now?)

>emperor is dead corpses
Fantasy
>emperor is white and based

>Tau
Fucking chad knows how to win.