Genius: Making white suburban dudes think they understand hip hop since 2009

Genius: Making white suburban dudes think they understand hip hop since 2009.

Genius is a bullshit website for posers and it makes me rage that Spotify uses it by default for most popular hip hop. If you need someone to interpret rap lyrics for you, you're not hip hop. Doom said it best: Whoever ain't get it ain't supposed to.

Attached: 11C447D6-FF9B-42D2-A6D5-F6D92798D195-274-0000005267C48CF5.png (687x394, 24K)

If only I gave a shit about a trash genre like hip-hop. Stay mad, op.

>aarrrrghhh white people!

no one cares fuckface

I'm sure you're a real street thug yourself. It's a decent lyrics website that isn't filled with ads, so I don't mind it.

t. white suburban rap dude

Attached: wigger.jpg (540x720, 85K)

agreed

a bunch of upset kids will be upset and lash out at you though like the ones ITT

>ur just opset lmaooo xD

clearly or else you wouldn't even reply

Yeah you seem pretty mad

you know theres a ton of indie and classic rock shit on there right? regardless, i think the interpretations are retarded.

they should just have the comments section like songmeanings.net but that place is a graveyard now.

also, how does the site make money?

>being mad about some random wigger bitching about other white kids that are no different than him
no, OP is who's clearly mad, we're just doing our job and taking the piss out on him, two very different things

it's literally the only good lyric website to ever exist
the fact that its filled with pseuds is a small price to pay

>still ranting and swearing you aren’t mad

Yeah...you seem mad

youre not convincing anybody

>what is azlyrics

Ads

>SHOOPTY MOOPTY POOPTY SCOOPTY
>[DOOM is known for his unconventional punchlines and verbal nonsequitors]

Annotation is not interpretation, you absolute retard.

The fact that this site exists is sad

Does any oldfag remember ohhla? The official hiphop lyric archive?

azlyrics' lyrics aren't even correct most of the time

I'm glad i don't listen to hip hop or rap all that much.

keep crying pussies

couldn't you just read the lyrics and ignore the interpretations? it's not like it shoves that shit in your face.

hip-hop was invented for white people to be entertained by black slaves.

keep dancing monkey. you know that's all your good for.

I'm white, I've been listening to hip-hop for over 30 years, and the "annotations" on this site are such trash, I cringe every time I accidentally see them linked somewhere.

Only white people could fuck up hip-hop like this much.

Mad

t. white

I'm asian

> Death grips
> Interpret

t. underachieving suburban white male shutin

im asian

Imagine being a 40 year old white man and listening to hip-hop lmao
>Doom said it best
>I'm asian
You are also the cancer

Attached: goofy.png (671x504, 192K)

>yeah you're supposed to understand every single obscure reference, especially the ones where they're talking about people in their hood only known to maybe 1000 others!
>doom reference

You might not be white, but you're probably somewhere in the 56%. This shit happened in the days regardless, dudes would get together and discuss lyrics of their favorite rappers and would help each other understand the lyricism better. So what that its expanded to the whole internet? What is the issue? Does it invalidate the fact that you knew about all those obsucre references by yourself? No, it doesn't. At least if you aren't a bitch.

Attached: 1518733256082.jpg (900x1200, 260K)

Imagine being this much of a fucking faggot

I'm asian

>ay yo I make dat bank
>ay yo bitch pussy stank

>[Lil Nigger flaunts his wealth and exquisite lifestyle, saying that he makes "bank" (which is actually a slang for money).]

>[He then proceeds to rap "yo bitch pussy stank". This line is possibly a double entendre! This could be interpreted as:]

>[It shows that Lil Nigger is not only having sex with your girlfriend., but that her vagina has a bad smell to it. BASED LIL NIGGER!]

>[This could also mean that you, the listener, is a "bitch pussy" and that you stink.]

*comments are then filled with shitty gifs that overhype the song*

It's a pretty good site for other genres of music

>muh supur sekrit club black kids edition

the point still stands

The ones that are basically restating the line in 5 sentences are super annoying, but as a guy that wasn't that good at english classes, catching up on some interpretations/references sprinkled in is super valuable for me and it makes me appreciate the songs more. Stop gatekeeping.
Also Genius now isn't just hip-hop, it has lyrics for most of the stuff I listen to now and they are honestly the most accurate by far, absolutely 0 competition. Google's lyrics and AZLyrics are complete trash in comparisons, even I can hear when they write a completely different fucking lyric than the one being sung.
Will Toledo's pretentious ass loves sprinkling in references to stuff he reads/listens to and a lot of them will probably be lost on me

the rap genius forum is definitely trasH

What if I live in a different country and I really like how hip-hop music sounds and I'm willing to invest my personal time into understanding the lyrics so I would be able to assume that hip-hop is not trash lyrically? So what?

Attached: 15206821163260.png (699x927, 466K)

Are you asian?

>being upset at people trying to understand art

I am slav.

Slav from where?
Slavs are pure

>you can't understand hip hop if you're white, didn't grow up without a dad in the ghetto, weren't in jail for at least 6 months, didn't kill at least one person and never sold crack

Attached: XikmSM4_d.jpg (570x283, 29K)

>Whoever ain't get it ain't supposed to.

Attached: f05fc1656d2f9252a45eac8cfdaaeb9f07142783b3dacf55cc4b71e94d687370.jpg (750x377, 62K)

>you can't understand hip hop if you're white
I'm asian
>didn't grow up without a dad
Grow up without a father
>in the ghetto
Growed up in a Korean ghetto,
>weren't in jail for at least 6 months,
Did 7
>didn't kill at least one person
Involuntary manslaughter at best
>and never sold crack
No, never touched drugs

I don't understand rap. Op is fake news

Nothing wrong with trying to understand art.

Buuuut you should also acknowledge where you're coming from.

case in point

>Whoever ain't get it ain't suppose to
Yea, and we should ensure it stays that way by never trying to cross that cultural boundary. What a great attitude, really makes you wonder why race relations in America only improve after the courts step in to quell violence and civil unrest. It's a good thing white people respect the law, because if we didn't, blacks would have kept themselves in chains for the last few hundred years.

Btw. Genius on Spotify is the worst design ever. You miss 5 explanations while it shows you only one. What's even the point?