Does Sup Forums like improv comedy?

Does Sup Forums like improv comedy?
Why do you think it's less popular than stand up?

If you only see an improv artist once or twice, it's decent. If you see them numerous times, the holes really show through because all of their jokes are actually the same three jokes.

The old WLIIA was goat. But improv is just weird since most improv actors are fucking weirdos.

Colin is the newest member of the JUSTice league

improv = shitposting
stand-up = trolling

one is about having a reply at all times even if it sucks, one is about crafting something. both can produce hilarity but one produces less.

Not really only if they do the same improv games with the same partners. In highschool I took improv class for 3 years and while you do develop a few common things if you are thrown into different enough situations it becomes different

The Improv troupe at my college was horrible and it soured me on the genre. I always found Whose Line kind of boring so I guess it isn't for me.

Love stand up and watch all of those but not improv. Maybe if I lived near UCB or something I'd appreciate it more but I don't see the appeal.

well shit

Anyone saying they wouldn't is a liar

Whose Line is GOAT, unquestionably the funniest shit to ever exist. At least the Drew Carrey version anyways, gurlwood's is okay but a bit awkward.

>this is a woman
>this is normal

Because;

Improv is silly
Stand up is some cuck swearing at you about how fucked up his life/ the world is

If improv could become more negative it'd be more popular, but it's filled with young leftist girls and they get offended when you turn up the heat

hybrid improv like reno and spinal tap is best

WLIIA edits out all the boring shit and fuck ups into a half hour show.
>film: writers spend years working on a screenplay just to make it half decent
>improv: we'll just wing it
Well yea. The quality just isn't going to be there. And there will be redundancy.

>it's filled with young leftist girls and they get offended when you turn up the heat
This.
I've actually performed at a few improv clubs and whenever we invite people onstage to try their best, we have to tone down what we do.

I'm an angry kinda guy by default and I had to do improv and couldn't help but shit on everyone. The audience loved it but I still remember the horrified looks of the other improv people.

I like improv because it's like banter amplified

The only time when I've ever been shut down on stage is when me and my buddy started really biting at each other with what we were saying.
But yeah, when it's just the people who are supposed to be onstage, it's a lot freer compared to interacting with the audience.

ARE YOU PAYING TOO MUCH FOR CAR INSURANCE?

The 'type of person' who does improv is stereotypically a lefty who has too much time on their hands and probably lives in a cushy upper middle class world.

So when you come in with a 'reality check' perspective it really fucks with their shit

It's like asking a yuppie to argue with a coal miner, the yuppie is going to lose because blue collar guys are used to being aggressive all day and yuppies are used to being polite and non adversarial

>asking a yuppie to argue with a coal miner
made me laff

bump