They're personally my favorite band.

Attached: capture740.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KdEsxm-GgrY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SOY'D

youtube.com/watch?v=KdEsxm-GgrY

I think most people like them on this board. Solid group

Pretentious garbage. Also serj's butthurt over the geonicide in 2018 would get him labeled alt-right for daring to criticize an islamic country

I liked them a lot when I was younger, but I don't anymore. The singer's voice is too ludicrous.

Their first album is solid gold, but Toxicity they stopped putting out good albums and the most you can expect is a handful of good songs.

What the fuck are you on about? Go outside and make some friends, for fuck's sake?

OP here.

Yeah I agree that the first few albums are the best (Toxicity being the best one) and System of a down is really good as well.

>ludicrous
That's why its so appealing though
I seriously fucking loved them when I was younger and still enjoy them, one of the few "nemetal" acts that has some value. Name one band that sounds remotely like them

Also ariels was the first song I learned on guitar so I guess I have some emotional connection to the band. Heres to hoping the get active again, Id love to see them live

I loved SOAD when i was 13 and i still like them a lot now they're pretty great unique band

I enjoy some of their music, not a great deal but enough that every once in a blue moon I'll feel the desire to listen to them again.

i am proud of you. These faggots that pretty much blow radiohead, talking heads, and sonic youth will never open their minds to other stuff.

>Whatever i like is better because i said so
>Logic of a closet shut in

the beatles of nu-metal

i hate them but they were at least tolerable when the rhythm guitarist didnt sing
but after that? jesus

When I was a kid I liked Daron's singing but now I can't stand it. It honestly completely ruins Mezmerize/Hypnotize for me. The few first albums are still decent and some of the best numetal had to offer. The self-titled is even great beyond the nostalgia factor.

I'm a little salty about the album bait

Probably the only fucking band in the world I can without doubt say I hate. It really makes me physically ill whenever any of their shit is on. My stomach literally fucking turns. That's an accomplishment.

Toxicity is a masterpiece

Attached: 百-yndrom-of-a-down-syndrome-of-a-down-6801894.png (500x390, 112K)

I wanted to see them live but never got a chance

A true patrician knows that all their albums are at least above a 7

>when the rhythm guitarist didnt sing
The lead guitarist has a great voice, though.

lol

Imagine allowing some fucking nu-metal band to ruffle your feathers this much.

Mesmerized is GOAT!

underrated

You sound like a massive faggot.

self-titled = Toxicity > Hypnotize > Mesmerize > Steal This Album >>>>>>> Serj's solo albums

Their self-titled album is one of the very few nu-metal albums to actually age well.

S/T > Toxicity > Steal This Album > Mesmerize > Hypnotize > Serj Solo

Grown ass rich men pretending to be some kind of underdog rebels. Lel.

Serj is best as a featured artist, like on that buckethead album

Self-Titled is one of their most interesting project. The raw vibe still amazes me even through the nostalgia vision. 8/10

Toxicity played it more safe, but it's just solid overall. Arguably the best thing that came from the Nu-Metal era. 9/10

Steal This Album is just a bunch of throw away songs. There's some really good stuff on it (Highway Song, Roulette, A.D.D.,...), but most of it is garbage. 6/10

Mezmerize/Hypnotize are pretty hit or miss. For every good idea, there's a sub-par one. If it was just one album with 14 song, could have been their best album. Also, Daron can suck my ass.
Mezmerize = 6/10, Hypnotize 5/10

Scars on Broadway was ok, but but the lack of Serj was very apparent.

Serj's solo stuff sucks.

Pretty much agree with this analysis

Attached: tripfags.png (1125x681, 176K)

Serj sounds like a bleating goat. They might as well have a real goat as the lead singer. And SOAD is not “goat” but rather “woat”

Attached: 63D0CC1D-69B0-45A3-9797-8ACAE68F3AC3.jpg (697x900, 99K)

but its shit

Sounds like a massive racist.

wakeup

I like them, it's the only time the slow then fast music shtick works nicely and the wacky riffs actually feel dynamic.

I don't like them but accept I'm the minority on this one. They're just metal for people who don't like metal and are the life of every party. DUDE! Play BYOB again and crank it.