Hi fellow indie-listening peers! This is your daily reminder to check out these hip...

Hi fellow indie-listening peers! This is your daily reminder to check out these hip, new indie artists! Make sure to consu.. listen to their music and tell all your friends. The music industry stinks! Support true indie artists! Am I right?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 8.16.40 PM.png (905x289, 481K)

Absolutly! Please, everybody, go check out their Spotify pages. They are the new face of rock, after all!

Exactly! We have to do our part to keep the true spirit of rock alive.

Yo homie! I love INDIE music too! Let's buy some indie music and support real independent artists!

Attached: Now That's Indie!.png (3688x1566, 3.21M)

Heck yes bro! Pale Waves is literally my jam! Goth music is so good. Almost as good as indie,

I want to ravage Clairo's petite little body

Maybe if you buy her music she'll notice you:)

i want to ravage gus dapperton

kinda gay desu

your point?

you're gay

yes?

I love listening to indie music because it is different and I am different and it is important that I appear different and I can do this by listening to indie music

Precisely! There's no better feeling than showing off your counter-cultural prowess. The best way to do this is by purchasing merchandise from Clairo™, Boy Pablo™ and Gus Dapperton™. You can then wear said merchandise in public to show everyone else how individualistic you are! Cheers friend.

I thought she puts this stuff on youtube for free???

yes

you wanna fugg

no thank you. i have a nice, pretty gf and i don't think she would like it if i did that

hi my name is aunt tony and im a new queer indie artist tryin to make it you kno hahahaha my fav artists are brockhampton, tyler!! and rex orange also the demarcian guitar makes my weewee wet even though i hate rock my new project is something that blends rnb/dappertonian vibe/sinatra (brendan urie tuned me on to him) its pretty damn eclectic, cant wait to share snippets on tumblr insta snap hahahaha u know me imma social butterfly i need to spread peace in this little dark age- get the reference :P- also damn i needa catch up on stranger things what a great indie 80s show on netflix cant wait to chill with xer later, my partner :PPPPP o rite the music well ill put out my first album in 2022 maybe im more about the quirky vids to go with my tunes i cant wait for yall to see what style im repping when the squad puts my next hit on youtube get litty xD

Yeah, but you should still buy it to prove you're a TRUE indie fan.

this guy gets it

Can I get some recs?

Attached: 23446626423245.png (1175x887, 823K)

Try listening to Clairo™ and Pale Waves™. I think you'll really like them!

If anyone of this music was good, would this be a problem? Like if someone sent a demo to a label, got signed but had no following yet, is that wrong if the music is genuinely good?

GOD I'M SO PISSED THAT THESE SOYBOY KEKS BLEW UP AND MY HARD ROCKIN TRUE INDIE GROUP DIDN'T!!!! I FUCKING HATE MILLENNIALS!!!!

If an "indie" artist signs to a major label and puts together a huge marketing and promotion campaign, all while championing the ideas of independence, DIY, and counter-culture, then yes i think that's a problem. regardless of the quality of the music, it's sheer hypocrisy, dishonesty and manipulation of an impressionable demographic. the fact that their music sucks is just the cherry on top

>BLEW UP
bot likes + youtube promotion =/= blowing up

I want to ravage both.

post clairo's butt NOW

>if someone sent a demo to a label, got signed but had no following yet, is that wrong if the music is genuinely good
No there's nothing wrong with that. What's wrong with these artists is that they're presented as though they're independent artists who got popular by some organic process, when in reality they're not popular, they're just being shilled with the same business model as Beyonce, Katy Perry, etc. - flood the intended audience with advertisements designed to create the impression that the artist is already popular, all most people care about is liking the music they think is popular and cool, so they buy into it and then the music actually becomes popular. The problem is the dishonesty. "Hey I'm Clairo just sittin in my room makin my independent videos :P".... yeah my dad is head marketing executive of Coca Cola and various other major companies and owns a music company but like whatever.......

Aside from the dishonesty about their means of success, there's also dishonesty in the art. Gus Dapperton is a focus group created chimera designed to appeal to SJW losers by celebrating ugly, loser tropes as though they're cool. And wouldn't ya know? He's GAY! SO COOL! It's a trasnparent marketing ploy. There's nothing there. It's a focus group as a band. Dishonest and disgusting. In Pale Waves case, the dishonesty is so upfront it's hilarious. Pale Waves is the EXACT same music as Katy Perry, Carly Jepsen, etc., but being presented as though it's "goth", and as though it were made by a "band" of kids who play guitar and write songs as opposed to being written by a team of songwriters, recorded by session musicians, and produced by some Max Martin-alike.

It's the dishonesty.

I want to ravage both, plus user.

good post.

I want to ravage all four of you.

>he's gay
Wtf? What about that song where he details the timelune of losing his virginity

This is a great explanation, perfectly answered my question. Thanks user

hahah have you guys ever heard of ariel pink, hes like the og indie guy!! he was doing lo-fi bedroom pop before anyone, what a cool guy. boy pablo gus and clario are still better, the quality is just too low for me ew

When this starts to happen, someone, anyone, please just pull the plug.

hahah have you guys ever heard of r stevie moore, hes like the og indie guy!! he was doing lo-fi bedroom pop before anyone, what a cool guy. ariel pink is still better, the quality is just too low for me ew

>actually listening to gus dapperton
holy shit lmao

Attached: 8c3.jpg (496x496, 146K)

FUCK NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK

Clairo is rly rly cute