This is old, but some of you newfags clearly need to see this

Attached: b5b.jpg (1080x1600, 422K)

fpbp

>is this it
>indie rock

I feel like there could have been better Hip Hop picks for the rap section.

>Posting the outdated version
Reddit, please leave.

Attached: 1518027037459.jpg (3851x2702, 1.14M)

All these albums suck

Better Hip Hop picks at least.

It's updated, but it isn't improved

wtf is electronica

People who only listen to current music are significantly more annoying and have worse taste than "le wrong generation" people.

This but unironically.

Holy fucking shit I remember this thread. Must be like 7 or 8 years now???????????? What the fuck

>meaningful lyrics
>all hail west texas
my nigga

>have worse taste
maaayyyybe
>are significantly more annoying
fuck no

+18
+7

Why can't there be a god damn middle ground for once?

OP here, I agree. I would add illmatic, liquid swords, the money store, and run the jewels to the list. Though I still think it proves its point.

Most rational people fall in the middle ground, but they aren't interesting and aren't worth discussing/making fun of.

what's wrong with the lyrics of all hail west texas, user
just because the subject matter is unconventional doesn't mean the writing isn't heartfelt. there's a lot of problems with that image, but that isn't one of them.

illmatic & liquid swords are not modern at all by rap standards

>Is This It, Indie Rock
Yes! See, I told you, faggot! The Strokes is indie, AND they're buttindie! Get fucked, user who posted this. Get fucked.

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-215718.png (1080x1920, 266K)

I don't know man. I would much rather have a discussion of current albums over a discussion about the same Nirvana and Pink Floyd albums over and over.

no shit they aren't modern, but there's nothing saying they need to be modern rap albums

Holy fuck, i wish Jay Reatard was still alive. Making that sweet music

this but in actuality

>guide to Modern music
It's implied, my man. 2000s+

>suggests changes to an image called "a dadrocker's guide to MODERN music"
>"the music on there doesn't have to be modern"
you're a fucking idiot

Nice bait

was referring to the hip hop section, not to mention I did include some modern rap albums

>Phoneposter

Shut the hell up. My PC is loaded with bloatware, and the interface on mobile is much better anyway. At least there isn't a stupid ocean of space to the right of my screen every time I post.

>listening to any classic rock at any point ever
lmao

This looks more Reddit. Old one looks like Sup Forums circa 2013

Loading your pc full of bloatware is your fault. I can already tell your phone isn't any different with the multitudes of icons in the top bar

I was agreeing with you, AHWT is the goat

oh i thought that was a condescending my nigga
god bless

no one is gonna address this electronica business?

god bless John Darnielle, dude's a genius.

ROCK IS FUCKING DEAD SOYBOY

yeah... nah. the former aren't nearly as prevalent and are certainly not as vocal about it

1: My dad bought it used from a pawn shop for $200, and because I wanted to be grateful, I had to deal with it for a while.
2: My phone is actually quite fast; it's a Moto G5 Plus, one of the best mid-range phones out there right now. It runs pure stock Android, which is known for not containing bloatware, and it's still snappy. Not a single stutter has occurred ever since I had this phone. And 5 little notifications, one being an email and another being an Update Complete icon, don't slow down your phone, especially a 4 GB RAM one. You're just an idiot. There's nothing wrong with posting on Sup Forums from mobile devices.

>Bunch of actually good albums replaced with flavor of the month shit
No, this version is worse.

unironically lynch yourself, nigger

>Kid A
>Experimental
Abstract would be a better term

>kid a in experimental
>Carly Rae in good pop
>Liturgy
Also the fact that Eureka is in rock and not pop really baffles me. There are a ton of better fitting rock albums that've been released that could've been put there instead

The entire experimental row is weird

"experimental" is just a stupid descriptor that shouldn't even be used as a "genre"

>deleting BMSR
This should be a sin

>My dad bought it used from a pawn shop for $200
poorfag
> There's nothing wrong with posting on Sup Forums from mobile devices
newfag

oh boy a double whammy

Can't tell if this is a reddit tier cringe post or bait
Not him but
>implying half this board isn't proto-normie phoneposters

lol boxer

You people don't even understand what you're trying to do. You just threw together a bunch of "le good obscure" music to get attention.
You're not going to get someone into rap by having them listen to When it Rains by Danny Brown. Thats something they need to listen to after taking time to appreciate pop rap and more tradition rap.
I don't listen to enough modern music from the other genres to recommend albums but the rap section needs to changed to something like
>Sremmlife 2
>DAMN
>Long Live A$AP
>IYRTITL
>The Life of Pablo
Or how about you just ditch the whole album format because it doesn't need to be forced into every music discussion and just recommend singles.

>person pitch
>psych folk

>metal today is just for pussies
>every "metal" album there is for pussies

>more than half the albums were released over 15 years ago
really makes you think

no death grips, pass

>HEY DADROCKERS YOU ALWAYS SAYING SHIT ABOUT OUR GENERATION AND CURRENT MUSIC, SO CHECK OUT THIS ALBUM BY THIS REALLY OBSCURE GUY DAVID BOWIE
I fucking hate this board

This is such a worse version in every way.
But
>Deepchord Presents: Echospace
Based

idm house techno ambient sampling garage breaks and all of synth shit in one (1) word

This is actual ass

Imagine being this retarded.

Leave, old man.

I got dad into post-1990 music years ago, but he hates "the rap music", doesn't like it's attitude, and I think he thinks that yell basically feel like a 'wigger' if he listened to it. Even though he still listens to 1970s funk music

Listen to "All that" from "Emotion" and retract that statement.

why would you recommend James Blake to someone complaining about auto tune.