James Cameron's Terminator Trilogy

Based Jim heard the calls and has come to save us!

>James Cameron, the original creator behind ‘The Terminator’ franchise, is coming home again with a new movie in the works…

The 1984 classic ‘The Terminator’ is regarded as one of the greatest science fiction movies of all time not to mention the 1991 sequel, ‘Terminator 2: Judgment Day’, which surpassed the original in terms of critical and commercial response.

>Now James Cameron — the creator behind ‘The Terminator’ and ‘Terminator 2’ — is returning to the franchise for the first time in more than 25 years.

>According to Deadline, Cameron will get back certain rights to ‘The Terminator’ franchise after the 35-year tag expires from the original film out in 1984. With Cameron about to regain the rights to ‘The Terminator’, he’s looking to team up with ‘Deadpool’ director Tim Miller on a definitive film in the series.

radiotimes.com/news/2017-01-21/hell-be-back-james-cameron-is-reportedly-planning-a-new-terminator-film
nerdcoremovement.com/james-cameron-returning-new-terminator-movie-alongside-deadpools-tim-miller/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EEJMDet82Hk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf i love tim miller now

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

J I M
I
M

with shane black doing predator i can only hope this is a hint of some sort of 80s scifi-action movie revival

BASED BIG MONEY JIM

Yea right lol

I liked Rise of the Machines

Die

Damn I hope he teams up with Dubsman as well.

Fuck off

Avatar's shit and this fucking sellout shilled the fuck out of Genisys.

Why are we excited ?

Yeah sure, Terminator 1 & 2 are great, Aliens is fun, but that shit's done.

Put those Video games down son.

He'll probably do a retcon of Rise of the Machines.

So what ? Who cares if he replaces dogshit with another flavor of dogshit ? This guy has no credibility anymore.

>mfw people actually doubt based Jim

I remember reading once that Cameron had a whole subplot planned for T2 but had to cut it entirely. Basically it involved revealing that Skynet deliberately keeps a few humans alive in the future because it wants to be destroyed, as it knows it fucked up by nuking most of humanity instead of protecting them, and since it wasn't designed to destroy itself, it's trying to force some survivors into forming a resistance against it. I hope he reuses that idea, it could be what this franchise needs.

There is literally none of that creativity or thought in Hollywood these days. What the fuck happened?

The terminator was legit and T2 was fucking shit that ruined the time travel

It makes me sad that I will never be a child watching T2 for the first time again. Or Die Hard, those two films were my life :(

be glad you had this expirience.

nowadays generation has spiderman reloaded ressurrection homecoming begins

terminator was fuckin legit yo

I prefer Moviebob's idea, where the mean jocks who use to push him into lockers trigger the apocalypse and a ragtag group of nerds have to work together to save the world from those football playing chads.

youtube.com/watch?v=EEJMDet82Hk

My father showed me Aliens when I was 7 years old. I'll never forget that for as long as I live. I sat there, completely mesmerized. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Then I asked him if there was another one and he was like "yeah it sucked don't watch it." I watched it and I can still remember the disappointment of 3 to this very day.

So he just gonna give money to some guy while making Avatar 7. Big deal

>you will never be a child in the theater thinking "oh fuck" when John Connor is surrounded by two Terminators who presumably want to kill him, but then Arnie shouts "GET DOWN"

life imitating art imitating life...

Its a shame, I know that feeling, but be thankful you at leats got to have that experience. I grew up watching The Road Warrior on taped VHS, luckily when Fury Road came out, our cinema did a showing of Mad Max 1 and 2 on the big screen and I got my dream to see it in the cinema at last.

As said, people growing up now have nothing but shit to grow up with, imagine that, people being nostalgic over movies like Spiderman Reloaded Turbo Revolution 4, 5th Reboot Edition...we had it lucky.

With some work his idea would be interesting. A kind of flip of machines vs man.

It sounds like a branch out though, and I think what the series really needs is a follow on to T2 that makes it a closed loop. So no more sequels. If it could do that then awesome.

I agree. I'm still mad that Chad took my crush Stacy to prom while I sat at home and played Super Mario. A terminator movie about nerds being the hero is just what I need to overcome that trauma.

>le jocks are evil

Christ, I haven't seen anything of his since they kicked him off the Escapist, and he's still the same fat nerd hating on fit and attractive people.

I'd like to see a film where the jocks prevail over the nerds for a change

Announcment before T2:3D?

Didn't he consider Genysis to be true sequel to the franchise?

He says a lot of things, 3D is the future, Atlantis is real etc etc

This guy seems like a retard. His ideas aren't creative. He just says the opposite of the plot of T1 and T2 and throws in some gay diversity shit.

That's just real life.

Didn't he direct the awful Iron Man 3?

Objective non-canon films rankings:

Salvation > 3 > Genisys

Genisys > Salvation > Rise of Machines

Also, Terminator > T2 and Cameron has been making progressively worse movies after The Abyss.

He also wrote Predator and directed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Genisys > Salvation > Rise of Machines

Shit taste. T3 was at least R-rated and had Arnold. Salvation and Genisys were a disgrace.

Genisys is so shit the only way to explain why johnbot doesn't instagib everyone is lolplot, probably the worst example of lazy writing in the entire series.

Johnbot and Genisys aren't unambiguously evil or trying to destroy everything. Johnbot is obviously holding back on purpose, he only goes nuts after his sales pitch has been rejected for good.

it's a extremely great movie until that fat dragon princess turns up

Which is hours before that scene I posted, after which we get Sarah and Kyle dicking around and talking to young Kyle, raiding the armory and then Pops just shows up, Johnbot disappearing until he remembers he's the bad guy and they need an epic chopper chase.

Movie is fucking garbage.

Anyone have the special effects comparison pic?

This... just fucking ties it all together. It's perfect.
It's so sad that Skynet had to do that though, would have been better to go back and undo Judgement Day and be friends with the humans.
I get it though, to be so ashamed of what you've done that you feel like you don't deserve a second chance.
>Watching Genisys
>these meatbags had like, 8999 chances to say "hey Skynet let's not kill you and you not kill us? You don't have to force nanomachines on people just to get them to like you. Yeah okay you nuked us all, but you have a friggin' time machine and are smart as fuck. Can't you send a Teminator back in time to explain things to yourself? Nobody will know that you nuked everything in that one timeline and if it really bothers you, you can explain how you nuked everyone and then went back in time and fixed it and people will be cool with that."

Doesn't make sense. Why would Skynet send back the T-800 and the T-1000 if it wants to be destroyed?