I watched "In the Loop" and I fucking loved it. I pretty much know all the swears by heart now

I watched "In the Loop" and I fucking loved it. I pretty much know all the swears by heart now.
"The thick of it" though I simply cannot understand, I feel like I have to be a political science student to get it. Couldn't get through the first 15 minutes of the first episode.

The fuck is it all about?

Have you never seen politicians before?

You are retarded

Use subtitles if you're a burger.

And no you don't need to be a student to understand this shit you cuck.

kiss mah sweaty balls ya fat fuck

YOU MASSIVE GAY SHITE
FUCK OFF

you eventually get used to the accents.

it was a very enjoyable series.

>TToI

it was way too mean spirited for me

You are a mouse.
In a maze.

I'll try and explain the basics of British politics to you so you can understand it.

It isn't that complicated.

There are elected Members of Parliament, some of whom are given government positions like "Minister for the Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship". They, in turn, are surrounded by what are called "special advisers" (Glenn and Ollie) and they have to work with the Civil Service (Terri) to get their policies done. Malcolm Tucker is the head of Government communications, i.e. he is Downing Street's press spin doctor/enforcer whose job it is to whip the MPs into shape and stop embarrassing the Prime Minister's office every five minutes.

The beginning of the first episode of the show shows the previous Minister for DoSAC being given the boot due to a scandal. The new minister, Hugh Abbott is then appointed to the post.

The exact same thing happens in political systems all over the world on a regular basis.

Incredibly retarded. They mention nothing beyond high school level of intelligence.

DUDE LETS SWEAR A LOT LMAO

Our political system is nowhere near as complex as America's so I really don't see how you can understand In The Loop but not The Thick of It.

Malcolm was not Chief Whip.

>"The thick of it" though I simply cannot understand, I feel like I have to be a political science student to get it.

It's because it is very realistic. Politics is not like Pull Pullman in Independence Day in real life.

In his defence, Yuros are probably way more familiar with US politics than vice versa because of movies and TV shows etc. Filters through to real life a bit, too, I mean I can name a few state governors. Be moderately surprised if a burger could name the mayor of London.

The opposite for me, I thought The Thick of It was great but In The Loop was boring.

I love how everybody assumes that i'm from US. No, I'm from EU. And I have absolutely no problem with the dialects, hell, I can replicate Scottish, Welsh and English without people noticing. It's just that I have 0 idea about how internal politics work.

That's a bit weird mate. The show teaches you how to watch it like pretty much any other. Slightly sharper learning curve than most, maybe.

The appeal lies in seeing what purports to be the internal machinations behind a series of events and scandals that are familiar if you follow politics at all. I guess if you don't, then it probably would just confuse you.

Some muslim Khan

I'm not burger though

Too bad Hugh turned out to be a pedo. He was hilarious.

People swear a lot