What are some artists where people can't seem to widely agree on what their best album is?

What are some artists where people can't seem to widely agree on what their best album is?
Do you think this is the sign of a consistently good act or is it a sign of mediocrity?

Attached: David-Bowie3-compressed.jpg (620x620, 100K)

Scatman John

>Do you think this is the sign of a consistently good act or is it a sign of mediocrity?
depends on the artist.

bob dylan

every artist with more than one release

>Post bowie
If I can think of an artist who's fanbase cannot agree on what's his best album I would have posted bowie too.
Basically you fucked up

Nonsense. There is nearly always a consensus on Sup Forums and in the media about 'the best album' is for most acts

This, contrarians will always exist

I can't even agree with myself on what his best album is. I'm constantly changing my mind.

Bowie was one in a million. We will never see anyone like him again. He was pretty consistent. Even destroyed the myth of older musicians declining in quality.

All of this being said he did release some stinkers. Lets dance is a perfect top 40 album of the 80's. Its dated but you can still listen to it and ejoy it. And its what people love about the 80's.

Never let me down and loving the alien however were bombs and bowie went too far in 80's production and excess.

Another bowie album that is agrreed to be less than is hours.

Other than that the good outweighs the bad in bowies discography. And bowie himself was a fascinating man who created various personas like he was a super hero.

Major tom, ziggy stardust, Halloween jack, aladdin sane.the thin white duke, the man who fell to earth

he was a faggot fraud.

Death Grips obviously.

>Notm>GP>TMS=EM>NLDW>JD>BP

Nah you're a faggot or simply haven't listened to Tonight. It is one of his most solid late output albums. Having an 80's sound doesn't automatically make it bad and "sounding dated" isn't even a criticism.

The Beatles

The Man Who Sold The World

NLDW

I don't agree with either of those things you said

>contrarians
AKA "anyone who disagrees with me, ever"
Calling people "contrarians" for caring enough to form a genuine opinion outside of the circlejerk is one of the most cancerous Sup Forums memes. I'm shocked that it STILL hasn't died.

It's a sign that music isn't meant to be discussed on those terms.

Yeah but you're biased because almost every one of your opinions is massively contrarian

Sorry to hear that.

I'm shocked you still haven't died

Kanye has biggest problem with this. If you put 7 people in the room, they all could say different albums because how good and different each one is.

i thought we all agreed that it was outside. i mean it's the objective answer, anyways.

it's pic related tho

Attached: Station_to_Station_cover.jpg (300x300, 69K)

I think they all suck ass

Death grips

Mediocre

Attached: 53-22443-jimi-hendrix-1417826124.jpg (700x530, 66K)

that's not Heroes

Attached: 1231423435345.jpg (600x600, 50K)

shut the fuck up you fucking nigger

That's not Aladdin Sane

Attached: 220px-DavisBowieAladdinSane.jpg (220x220, 9K)

that´s not Low

Attached: low.jpg (500x500, 50K)

>Bowie was one in a million. We will never see anyone like him again. He was pretty consistent. Even destroyed the myth of older musicians declining in quality.
But he did. Everything between Lets Dance and Heathen was garbage.

I guess Blackstar is not a thing anymore?