ITT: kinos that Protestants will never understand

ITT: kinos that Protestants will never understand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfJlCp7tyA
google.com.br/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/donald-trump-pope-francis-adolf-hitler-rise-of-populism-walls-barbed-wire-a7539936.html?amp?client=safari
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you kiddin me? Protestants would love this cause Catholics get BTFO

>The Eternal Protestant

>Destroyed Christian values
>Cucks to Israel
>Women's rights

>Catholics stooges for Democrats since Kennedy

Nice try Seamus

I wish the film focused on Adam Driver more, can't stand Garfield.

Watched it last night. Fantastic film. Surprised to see Tsukamoto and Asano in it though.

Shame it bombed, it's his best film since The Aviator.

ITT: Kinos that Catholics will never take the time for

Well, He isn't dead, to be fair.

>satan is literally Obama

>Really makes you think...

All Christians and Muslims are cucks to Israel. Their faith is a slave of Semitic land and culture.

Modern Jews are descendants of the hypocritical Pharisee sect

Christians are the true followers of the God of Abraham

This.

could have edited out an hour and nothing of value lost

>dude i'm gonna make up a bunch of shit that isn't in the bible lmao

>dude i'm gonna pray to people other than god lmao

is Catholicism the biggest joke out there

>G-guys, I can get to heaven through belief alone, I don't need to be a good person or actually follow christs teaching, except for donating money to my McMegachurch and Israel. Praise Netanyahu
>also, Jesus was totally joking when he said that the Eucharist is his body and blood, he didn't really mean it

Protestants are jewish zionists in denial

When will they make a kino about the hero Oliver Cromwell?

You're an idiot and you know jack shit about Reformed theology.

>Praise Netanyahu
Martin Luther wrote "On the Jews and Their Lies" which inspired the Nazis. It's the most anti-semitic book any church leader has ever written.

>Eucharist is his body and blood, he didn't really mean it
Lutherans believe in Real Presence, dipshit.

If you have retarded evangelicals in Dumbfuckistan it doesn't mean all non-Cucktholics are retarded as well.

Read a history book you fat retard.

> I can get to heaven through belief alone, I don't need to be a good person or actually follow christs teaching
Looks like someone didn't read the Epistle of James.
A saving faith will change the heart of the believer and will enable/inspire them to want to do good works for the Lord out of the goodness of their new and changed hearts. Through an honest faith (which saves), we are inspired to be better people for the Lord (which is evidence of salvation). This is the basic Protestant theology behind Sola Fide, and is Scripturally consistent.

>Real Presence,

Did Jesus stutter when he said "this is my body and blood?"

Now now, speaking like that isn't constructive. If you want someone to listen and consider to your point of view, you've got to be courteous. Protestant here, by the way.

>Protestants

They will never make something like The Young Pope.

Considering that the Israelites were forbidden to consume human blood or flesh, what does it mean?

>dude jesus never spoke in metaphor or allegory lmao, it definitely makes more sense for him to physically transform wine and bread into blood and flesh in your esophagus

Will Catholics ever make Kino like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfJlCp7tyA

Meant for

>G-guys, I can get to heaven through my own effort, I can be a good person

Lrn to total depravity, bitch

>missionary goes to japan
>doesn't learn the language
>gets people to start believing if they believe the sun only rises every three days they'll go to paladisu
>japanese royalty sees this as insane
>starts trying to cure these clearly insane people infected with insanity by people seeking self-aggrandizement, as why else would you tell people shit like that
>OH GOD WHY ARE YOU FORSAKING ME I'M BEING FORSAKEN OH, OH GOD, STOP BEING SILENT AND FORSAKING ME! HELP! HEEEELP!! I'M BEING PERSECUTED!!! STOP PERSECUTING EVERYONE!!! OH GOD!!!

I had actually forgotten the fun fact a mistranslation (by an overly eager idiot) caused 200 years of "torture" in japan before watching this. But then liam neeson was nice enough to start talking about it. But of course he talks about it like it wasn't his fucking fault for not knowing the fucking language and trying to talk about god with the vocabulary of a slow ten year old. But of course its the japanese's fault for just being too primitive! Not his fault for not keeping his fucking mouth shut until he understood what the fuck he was saying.

Total depravity isn't a valid excuse to be nasty, user.

Nothing in the king james version can really be taken literally. Its all pseudo-Shakespearean nonsense.

post your favorite christian directors

>it was all a metaphor bro, Jesus didn't really mean anything he said, in fact he didn't mean the stuff about divorce or adultery either. In fact homosexuality is totally fine too

Protestantism is a slippery slope to hell

yeah, he got better.

its more along the lines of how the bible has been transcribed and translated so many times there's really no way of knowing what jesus actually said or what the bible actually said originally.

>Martin Luther wrote "On the Jews and Their Lies" which inspired the Nazis. It's the most anti-semitic book any church leader has ever written.
Debatable. Isidore of Seville and St John Chrysostom wrote somer heavy duty stuff. Then again unlike Luther they didn't have the audience he had. Something like 40% of published works in the Holy Roman Empire in the 16th century were by Luther.

>Lutherans believe in Real Presence, dipshit
Expand plox
Keep it simple,just curious,not gonna jump on board.

You dumb fuck we still have the Ancient Greek texts, do you really think that orthodox and eastern churches anf the Latin church get all their info from Le meme James version?

Scholars have determined that the Bible is 95%+ accurate to what the original texts said. You can trust that what you read today, it almost exactly what they were reading in Rome in 140AD.

>the Ancient Greek texts
>of an originally arab religion

Damn, didn't realize shakespear was a time traveler.

Semitic*, Arabia was further east.
Plus, Greek was the lingua franca of that area at that time. It would be like a Swede in modern times trying to talk to a Spaniard, and using English as a 'middle-man' language.

The Bible wasn't originally written in Early Modern English. It was originally written in Hebrew and Greek.

and you realize we're in a thread about a movie that specifically goes into the fallibility of bi and tri lingual people in environments where all languages they know aren't in constant use, yes?

Aramaic if you wanna be precise.

So trying to say the pseudo-shakespearian language of the bible as it exists today is remotely accurate to the original texts is ridiculous.

>Cucks to Israel

Ever read what Luther wrote about the jews.

Silence was a great f'n movie. Just 40 minutes too long.

Yes, that's why it's important to investigate and to study what is trying to be communicated, so that errors don't arise.

Yep, exactly.

No, I'm saying that the Bible was originally written in Greek and Aramaic Hebrew, and that the Shakespearean English is just a centuries-old translation of the copies of the original (Greek and Aramaic) texts.

I'd say it was 158 minutes too long. As that's about how much was just total fiction. As japanese persecution of kirishitans was entirely the fault of the missionaries.

>As japanese persecution of kirishitans was entirely the fault of the missionaries.

"American persecution of Niggers is mostly the fault of the Niggers."

I actually agree with both statements.

and by that you mean it was translated to aramaic from hebrew, to greek from aramaic, then from greek to latin, then from latin to english. By people. People who would have no access to the original texts or sufficient knowledge of all five languages to identify translation/transcription errors as they occurred and correct them.

There is really no reason to think the bible has remained unchanged... other than believing god was personally giving people each new edition.

Augsburg Confession
Article 10
Of the Supper of the Lord they [the Lutherans] teach that the Body and Blood of Christ are truly present, and are distributed 2] to those who eat the Supper of the Lord; and they reject those that teach otherwise.

Basically symbolism was introduced by Zwingli and then Calvin. Luther did object to transubstantiation on the grounds that it required an endorsement of Aristotelian physics, and was introduced after the schism with the east. So Luther and followers agreed that this is my blood and body are literally true, but don't think the concepts of elements and accidents can be insisted on. It's magic, don't gotta explain shit.

niggers didn't tell people if they believed the sun rose only once every three days they'd go to heaven

>"American persecution of Niggers is mostly the fault of the Niggers."

Hell.. Niggers are currently persecuting niggers for slight Tribal differences as we fucking speak

>greek language
>greek
didnt exist until almost 2 millennia later

that language was koine which also differed from what those homosexuals where the country greece is now situated spoke

greeks dont understand koine, theyre different languages

Well, it really depends on what texts are used to translate any given translation. Typically, the earliest texts are the most reliable. so they would be compared with the later copies to see if any errors had occurred. It's all about ascertaining the most reliable texts, and removing/correcting any errors that may have occurred through copying and translating. As a matter of fact, as far as ancient documents go, the books of the New Testament has the most earliest and widespread copies of any ancient document, save the Old Testament. With so many ancient copies of the text, comparisons are made between them to see what has been translated and copied correctly (ie most in line with the other ancient copies), and then that correction is used to copy again into other languages/copies. Textual criticism is quite a complex field. Look up Daniel Wallace and Gary Habermas if you want a professional to explain it better than I can.

I said Greek, but yeah, you're right. It's actually Koine Greek (which is quite a bit different, but perfectly understandable once learnt), I was just simplifying.

google.com.br/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/donald-trump-pope-francis-adolf-hitler-rise-of-populism-walls-barbed-wire-a7539936.html?amp?client=safari

>DKNY

Protip: remember the slut Jesus saved from being stoned? The earliest manuscripts don't have that story. Betas and cucks have corrupted our holy writ!

and my biggest issue here is the only people who will dive into 1400 years worth of hand copied texts are people want to prove God is great.

That's true, John 8 isn't found in many of the earliest manuscripts.

Mostly, but there are many biblical scholars who are not Christian. Take for instance Bart Ehrman, Richard Carrier, and Robert Price. They are all non-Christians who study Christianity and the texts thereof.

You are so wrong with that.

One of the big reasons for movements like the KJV only, the NIV, and the ESV is that most modern scholarship is aimed at undermining the long-standing teachings of the historical church. So when the NRSV wants to come out with a gender neutral bible without any condemnation of homosexuality there's a bunch of little nerds who try to pick apart the traditional text and understanding of it.

Do Prods even make any good art or provide anything of cultural value?

did you even see the movie or did you just not understand it?

>Modern Jews are descendants of the hypocritical Pharisee sect

[This is what christcucks actually believe]

Subtitles when?

You're fucking stupid m8

>tfw Orthodox
>tfw to intelligent to not know both Roman Catholics and Protestants are heretics

>to intelligent
>to
Clearly not

Wtf i hate Japanese people now

its a meme you dip

>3 hour film
>only left like an hour or so
how did he do it lads? especially when wolf on wall street was a fucking chore to get through

>what are the dead sea scrolls

>t. schlomo

definitely, last time I saw him I was in a gym and realize he got in shape in the last few months