*Saves Rock music*

*Saves Rock music*

Attached: FE5B1B21-B872-4783-950E-CEAC939AE924.jpg (1400x934, 326K)

bunch of manlets. robert plant was like 6'2 in his prime and he had fantastic stage presence. these kids don't have that because the lead singer is like 5'4

their music style is so culturally irrelevant is hurts

they look dirty

great response. really contributing to the board.

>*Saves Rock music*
If by that you mean "revives one of the most populist and basic rock genres", then sure, they "saved it".

Who are these skinny jeans converse shoulder length hair boychildren?

They don't have an album yet, but my hopes are high.

Whomst the hell are those 4 faglets

*cosplays rock music*

Car Seat Headrest beat them to it

>literal rip off of one of the best selling bands of all time
Yup, these guys are true artists

Also, just looking at them musically, they'll never make it. The key to Led Zeppelin was that each member was considered the best of all time at their respective instrument. These guys are super sloppy. The drummer alone is practically meg white tier

if by saving you mean copying the sound of a 50 year old band without bringing anything new, sure

yeah, no

who?

>the best of all time at their respective instrument
That's a ridiculous concept to begin with. Their contemporaries were progressive rock bands and in that regard, the members of Led Zeppelin could hardly be considered the most capable and imaginative musicians of that time.

We're talking about rock musicians. Go around to any drummer and ask who the best or at least most influential drummer of all time is - the majority will always say John Bonham. Do it with guitarists - Jimmy Page. Bassists? John Paul Jones. Vocalists? Probably Robert Plant as well. This is a fact

>This is a fact
That there are "the best" in music? Why am I even indulging you? By the way, progressive rock is rock music, it's just that it doesn't sound like "regular" rock music.

lol
>dadrock
18+

Who the fuck is this band?

Greta Van Fleet

>progressive rock is rock music, it's just that it doesn't sound like "regular" rock music
So you already acknowledge the distinction between genres? Why argue about it further?

>That there are "the best" in music?
No - that those are the responses you'd hear from the vast majority of musicians. I never said Led Zeppelin members were objectively the best, just that they are widely considered to be so. Do you always enjoy splitting hairs this much?

i have no interest in radio rock.
is this what it's like to be old? is this why all the older kids always looked down on the strokes while my 15 year old self worshipped them?

Wolfmother

>This is their fan base

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-14-16-37-05.jpg (578x346, 67K)

Any ideas on how to rip off Pink Floyd and bring them back like these guys did with Lad Zeppelin? Just bought a black bass and am currently stroking my ego as much as possible. Anyone here a mentally ill ticking time bomb?

Hot

I could record synths and brag about how i produced it myself. Can i join the band

My advice would be not because all the best things about their music are still kept alive by plenty of niche bands
The same could be said about Zeppelin before Greta virgin fleet came along

Mind giving some examples? Not shitposting, genuinely curious

Find some coke and you're in (before I eventually kick you out because I hate you)

Of which? Floyd or Zeppelin?

Floyd

Iceage sucks dude

i play bluesy psyche guitar without going too heavy and both my grandfathers are bald, which doesn't look too good for me, can i join (and use delay and phaser in basically every take)?

The last thing rock music needs in order to be "saved" is another shitty buttrock revival band that doesn't even try to not sound dated as fuck.

I'll call you when the other guy goes off the deep end

Just look at any psyc band. Beach House put out quite a few Floyd esque tracks, just listen to that Space Song single. There's also fever the ghost, Pond, and do I even need to mention King Gizzard? Just look for newer psycidelic groups and you'll find one that sounds like Floyd every 3 you look at

Trouble is they'll hit the same wall Wolfmother did and promptly fade out.

The difference being wolfmother was different enough from Zeppelin to have a few hits that stood the test of time

Any moron who agrees with this moron is a moron.

If you legitimately don't think John Bonham is the most influential drummer of all time then you're trolling

Buddy Rich?

reviving rock music is like reviving fast food

Wolfmother were better for sure and way more original, the joker and the thief is unironically a good song but this specific sound can only be revived for like 2 years tops then disappear from popular music.

Where are the grunge revival acts, their fans should be in their 30s or some shit now.

you throw away the (w)rappers

>talking about tall frontmen
>not immediately thinking joey ramone
Kys

I can’t help but be suspicious of bands like this.

Grunge left a bad taste in people's mouths thanks to trash like 3days grace and theory of a dead man.
Unless we're talking a revival of bleach/ Houdini era grunge, then that's kinda perpetual

I guess it doesn't help most grunge acts from the 90s that were still popular made trash in the 2000s

u have to go back

What year are we in?

Nobody wants to relive a genre as depressing and whiny as that.

*Greta Van Fleet starts playing*

Attached: IMG_3715.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Last year and the year before were all about lifeless, whiny as fuck depressing music.

Potentially in jazz but not rock or rock related genres
Doesn't even apply here. Try naming a more influential drummer

m-mommy

Can’t we revive some other band rather than Floyd and Zeppelin?
I’m getting sick of people just ripping these guys off every few years.
How about we start a Ted Nugent ripoff?

What about Keith Moon?

>Keith Moon
This is a fucking joke, right? He could barely keep time. Keith Moon is the drummer you idolize when you've been play for less than 2 years because "omg how does he put all those fills in their". His claim to fame is being energetic. Hardly holds a candle to Bonham

Listen to shit like Jackyl.

Attached: 0be.jpg (600x604, 31K)

How to people whose favorite band is legitimately Led Zeppelin actually fool themselves into enjoying such blatant ripoffs?

"Duhhh it's like having NEW Led Zeppelin". As if that's a good thing. I understand that most people's tastes in music don't progress past their 20s, but GVF is some hilarious marketing trick by someone at Universal. They don't have an album out yet and they're selling out some big venues. All I'm asking for is some fucking self-awareness.

Where's my deep purple ripoffs? At least blue oyster cult is covered by ghost.

They're not even like a new zep. They're like what people who don't listen to zep think they sound like. They haven't made a song like heartbreaker or when the levee breaks or dazed and confused. The darker edge, breaks and bridges that zep relishes in are nowhere to be found in GVF.

They're like zep without the balls, essentially.

I wouldn't think most Led Zeppelin fans would have a problem with ripoffs. Saying that as a Zeppelin fan. If GVF ripped off a more original band/artist, that would be a different story, but they didn't.

Also, I think a lot of people who go to GVF shows probably weren't around to see Led Zeppelin, but wish they were. It's no worse than seeing a tribute band if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm assuming the same people that like GVF are the same ones that feel a sense of superiority for liking one of the most popular and successful rock bands of all time.

le wrong generation kids, dads who stopped consuming music in the 1980s, etc.

>They haven't made a song like heartbreaker or when the levee breaks or dazed and confused.
Let's be real here, Kashmir is their best track.

Agreed. I haven't heard that much from GVF, but I doubt they'll make something like No Quarter. They seem like they're basing their sound on one particular kind of Zeppelin song, and Led Zeppelin was more diverse musically than some people give them credit for (imo).

Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy are pretty stylistically diverse.

GVF are pretty blatantly stealing riffs and song forms from Led Zeppelin.

The problem is that GVF don't have the talent to do much else other than make Zeppelin covers with different lyrics.

You should listen to their EP because it runs the gamut of Zep's singles. You have the folksy song, the hard hitting blues rocker, the pensive No Quarter ripoff, no long Stairway to Heaven copy yet. I'm assuming they're saving it for the album.

I just hope they'll get left far behind in the lurch because these dudes being popular is pretty much the stupidest shit.

At least The Strokes' revivalist style had original catchy tunes and good songwriting.

>Led Zeppelin was more diverse musically than some people give them credit for
Your on a board that's 97% those people