youtube.com/watch?v=zm4E4umP9Qc
youtube.com/watch?v=YRzVFlZxBv4
youtube.com/watch?v=OPY3d0BxTbI
youtube.com/watch?v=zZD99X_S7SA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I WILL KILL HIM!

Snyder's such a hack.

The fact that they cast a grown-ass man to play Paul made all Paul/Jessica scenes weird

Eh, 39 and 25 isn't terrible.

Reverend MOMMY

No that's The Room. Dune was just really dull and cliche.

minus the age, they do have a resemblance that makes mother-son believable.

This film had 10/10 music, set design, casting,costumes pretty much everything but the script was perfect and kino doesn't need a script

obligatory

I'm waiting for Peter Jackson to remake this in 3 parts with way too much CGI and focus on the worm as the main protagonist.

>sandworm riding scene
>Suddenly go-pro footage
>introduces plot and characters from the eu written by herberts wifes son
>slapstick comedy
>baron harkonnen burping and eating lots and farting

Better than the literal shit we would've gotten with Hackdorowsky

>I WAS RAPING FRANK HERBERT RAPING BUT WITH LAAAAHVE :)

I'm listening to the audiobook at the moment.

Space kino for sure. If you read the book it's much more enjoyable. But even if you don't it's a fucking rollercoaster ride of amazingness.

Who else always cracks up at Lynch's cameo

Lynch should've done Dune Messiah instead. It's 250 pages of Paul tripping balls on spice while everyone around him also trips balls

>and focus on the worm as the main protagonist
What are you referencing?

I dunno but andy serkis would probably dp the motion capture for the worm pr some shit

I unironically LOVE this film, bros. Matter fact, I find it a masterpiece and top-tier sci-fi accomplishment. I know Lynch himself hates it, but I think it's because of goddamn Hollyjew scumbags ruining the filmmaking process, and not because of the quality itself.

>the mesmerizing, god-tier score that gives the film a divine touch
>incredible, expensive-looking sets
>believable props
>dropdead gorgeous cinematography, especially the shots of the sea and desert
>calm and collected build-up and pacing
>stellar cast and beautiful ladies
>bizarre and wonderful at the same time (seriously, that first Harkonnens scene is borderline experimantal)
>Lynch doesn't spoon-feed you to make it easy - we're dropped right into the middle of the big feud between major political forces with strange names and complicated alliances, there's so much mythos and wierd gadgets thrown right into our face, Lynch demands attention and learning from us, there's no lasers, speeders and quips
>fucking sandworms, bros!
>Dune is about ecology, politics, philosophy, religion, masculinity, femininity, greed, heroes etc., and Lynch captured it perfectly
>the theater-style of acting focused on dramatics was fitting

Sure, some effects were cheap and laughable, but it's no biggie to me. I fucking LOVE Dune and the way Lynch made it all serious and challenging, and because it flopped and Hollywood hates it, I fear Legendary is going to pick the easy route with everything watered down for manchildren and tumblrinas. Why do people hate this film, bros? It's beautiful.

It's a great fucking movie, triggered book autists need to leave

The Sy-Fy miniseries is borderline unwatchaeable, and you all know it.

This

Lynch is that you?
>incredible, expensive-looking sets
>believable props
No. Harkonnen troops were literally men dressed in wetsuits
>dropdead gorgeous cinematography, especially the shots of the sea and desert
Greenscreen desert. No.
>stellar cast and beautiful ladies
Leto - yes. Baron - yes. Everyone else - no. Sting - fuck no
>calm and collected build-up and pacing
Hahah nigger did you read a book
>bizarre and wonderful at the same time
Buzzwords
>Lynch doesn't spoon-feed you to make it easy
There's a 5 minute LOTR-esque narration at the beginning that spoonfeeds more than a book
>fucking sandworms, bros!
The scene where sandworm randomly chases Jessica around was absolutely retarded
>Dune is about ecology, politics, philosophy, religion, masculinity, femininity, greed, heroes etc., and Lynch captured it perfectly
By completely abandoning the character of Dr. Kynes?
>the theater-style of acting focused on dramatics was fitting
Yeah, in a story about superhumans who can read your intentions from a lip twitch, fitting

Good god, they resemble Melania and Barron Trump! Does this mean the Duke is... the Don(ald)? And Hillary is Harkonnen? MIND IS BLOWN.

yes. Yes, sire!

t. reddit.com

>You will never ride a worm while this plays.

youtu.be/Pj9UcKj7Dxo

The Hobbit movies were basically a trilogy about Thorim Oakenshield, not Bilbo.

who directs the reboot?

Amazing rebuttal family

Nope.
Freddie Got Fingered is easily the best terrible film ever.

>Sting - fuck no

U mad nigga? youtube.com/watch?v=bkREb1Zdb-w

Who is Leto?

>Tfw your alarm on your phone is THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED

Fear is the meme killer
youtube.com/watch?v=iYF7tcvNPLg

>Dune Messiah instead. It's 250 pages of Paul tripping balls on spice while everyone around him also trips balls
False. Just fucking false.
If that's what you got out of the book, you must have been tripping balls and can barely read.

Don is Paul. Barron is Leto II.

The only one that is necessary.

>yfw the phrase "Spice must flow" is never uttered in Herbert's books
>yfw it's just a shitty meme from Lynch

no

>As he lay immersed in the screaming odor of the spice, staring inward through the oracular trance, Paul saw the moon become an elongated sphere. It rolled and twisted, hissing—the terrible hissing of a star being quenched in an infinite sea—down ... down ... down ... like a ball thrown by a child.

>Paul passed a hand across his forehead and eyes. The symbolmetropolis oppressed him. He despised his own thoughts. Such vacillation in another would have aroused his anger. He loathed his city! Rage rooted in boredom flickered and simmered deep within him, nurtured by decisions that couldn’t be avoided. He knew which path his feet must follow. He’d seen it enough times, hadn’t he? Seen it! Once . . . long ago, he’d thought of himself as an inventor of government. But the invention had fallen into old patterns. It was like some hideous contrivance with plastic memory. Shape it any way you wanted, but relax for a moment, and it snapped into the ancient forms. Forces at work beyond his reach in human breasts eluded and defied him.

>i picked 2 passages out of a 250 page book
>that proves that the whole book is like this!
i can't believe you actually tried.

No one irl likes you and it's because of autistic shit like this. You're not fun to be around.

>make coffee
>put cinnamon in it
>imagine it's spice coffee

Don't try to play me, user, I've read the book just a few months ago. The whole first half is like that, in the second Paul resolves to an hero by following his vision, so it's mostly Duncan tripping

>i know that feel

he keeps going! the absolutely shitman!

Melange is supposed to have an ever-changing taste, dump some random shit in along with cinnamon

Alia is adorable.

youtube.com/watch?v=zm4E4umP9Qc

dat soundtrack

I'm inclined to believe the other person because at least he types like a white person.

Child actor shoe in is harder with Paul being 15 to start in the book before the timeskip.

>t. samefag
don't care if you disbelieve me.
It's a great book and speaks for itself.

>don't care if you disbelieve me
>responds
I sense that you grew up poor just like your parents did.

Messiah is kind of underrated but it doesn't have that magic which made the original Dune, Dune. I liked the whole cabal plot coming together to assassinate Paul and the passage where he gets his eyes burned out by the nuke is awesome.

>It's a great book
Where the fuck did I say it's a bad book? Is that why you're sperging out?

>this is a 1 on 1 conversation
>you're dumb for responding even though I am
yep, you've got me pegged. totally poor. i'm the retarded faggot in this exchange.

The fan edit wasn't bad, also I liked Dune for all its faults.

Idiot, the Book was pinned down in the early 60s, Star Wars undercut Dune as the story is set in the birth of Israel.

Kill yourself trumplerina

Where did I say you said it was a bad book?
I'm speaking for others here, who might be discouraged by your inane shitposting.

>the passage where he gets his eyes burned out by the nuke is awesome.
tbdesu senpfam, it seems like what Lucas was going for in the prequels. the Paul-Chani relationship, Paul almost as a fallen-hero, the twins---it's very similar to Anakin-Padme, etc

Have you ever read Dune Messiah ?

It was fucking horrible
fucking plebs

>frogposters
>trumplerinas

Nothing is sacred anymore, not even Dune threads
Sup Forums is dead

I never implied I didn't care. You did. More of that low income intelligence on display.

This is not bad at all
Impressive

Paul: Asa Butterfield
Lady Jessica: Charlize Theron
Duke Leto: Benicio del Toro
Duncan Idaho: Booboo Stewart
Stilgar: Richard Madden
Chani: Alicia Vikander
The rest: unknowns

This is horrible. Please kys.
Fremen aren't niggers

No they're Arabs, in the south, you often get these cute looking half arab-negro chicks, she reminds me of one.

No kys. Chani wouldn't even be mixed.
Liet Kynes is not a nig, and neither would be a (relatively ethnically homogeneous) Fremen woman.

>kys

you have to go back

Picrelated is the only good part of the film, I loved that fucker.

>Liet Kynes is not a nig
That actor is not a Nig you stupid faggot.

You stupid faggot, we're talking about casting.
The character who is an imperial ecologist, wouldn't be a nig, thus the actor wouldn't be a nig, thus Chani wouldn't be mulatto.
Christ, we need IQ limits for Dune threads.

>t. nigger

>wouldn't be a nig
the actor is not a Nig, and the character was a Fremen.

youtube.com/watch?v=YRzVFlZxBv4

ending credits kino

>the actor is not a Nig
I know that, you dumbfuck.

>you often get these cute looking half arab-negro chicks
thus:
>No kys. Chani wouldn't even be mixed.
>Liet Kynes is not a nig, and neither would be a (relatively ethnically homogeneous) Fremen woman.

>mentats
lel

It's patrician cinema.

lynch can do no wrong even with the hollywood machine trying to screw him up at every turn. and to that twit about the opening monologue (no (you) for you) you autist that was studio meddling

>novel Baron
>Regal, prideful fat pedo who plays 4D chess

>movie Baron
>mentally challenged man with herpes who likes to bounce off the walls
What did Lynch mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=OPY3d0BxTbI

>
>Melange is supposed to have an ever-changing taste, dump some random shit in along with cinnamon

I use cinnamon and cardamon

yeah, but I like more subtle bait/shitposts.
like that one /lit/ chart that has Atlas Shrugged slipped in there.

audiences are dumb and need to see outward manifestations of evil. tbdesu, i'm more mad about his voice. we were deprived that basso voice.

I really didn't like how the Hut entered into the scene, this spoiled the film for many people.

youtube.com/watch?v=zZD99X_S7SA

Hhhnnnnnggg fuck Chani, Irulan is the way. Paul was a racemixing faggot

>try to make the film exactly like the book
>the last thirty minutes is extremely rushed as a result
Lynch should be lynched

While I do agree slightly (dat heterochromia), what race exactly is Chani?
how long did it take you to come up with that one?

Kynes: Woody Harrelson
Shaddam: Charles Dance
Chani: Should be a redhead or reddish-blonde, and around 13 or 14.
Paul: Asa Butterfield isn't a bad choice. But he needs to be able to act from 15-20ish
Baron Harkonnen: Brendan Gleeson. Maybe Jonah Hill.
RM Mohaim: Helen Mitten
Thufir: Lance Henricksen
Gurney: Daniel Craig, maybe Danny Trejo. He's gotta be ugly.
Irulan: Rosie Huntington-Whitely.
Yueh: James Hong
Duncan Idaho should be a "name" actor. He's gotta be in at least 4 movies. Handsome, dark features, short, curly, black hair.
Fenring: Jeff "ahhh, ummm" Goldblum

*RM Mohaim: Helen MIRREN

My graphic was trying to invoke "The Great Game"

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

>I fear Legendary is going to pick the easy route with everything watered down for manchildren and tumblrinas

I suspect they'll just make some SF action movie set to the backdrop of Dune we'll never get to explore properly. Can you imagine anything else getting a decent budget these days? It'll be a blessing if we get a TV show instead.

I read it recently and the part where sees his moon fall legit disturbed me.

I kind of wish Korba would get more attention, though. Why did he decide to do what he did?

>>Regal, prideful fat pedo who plays 4D chess
Baron was way, way over his head. The Emperor used him and basically never regarded him as more as a tool. He had his dreams of grandeur but without his Mentat he wasn't all that smart. Remember the part where he's scared shitless of Sardaukar general?

>Remember the part where he's scared shitless of Sardaukar general?

Yes, because Sardaukar general represent the Padishah Emperor in his absence. General could've killed him on the spot if he deemed it necessary. Problem and reason why everyone loses against Paul is that he was an unknown quantity as Kwisatz Haderach. And he kinda had EVERYONE'S balls in a vice with his threat to destroy Spice production.

Baron was also played by Thufir. Well, he and Feyd both, really. The whole Dune affair was Peter's idea, the height of Baron's machinations is "Let Rabban become a hated ruler so that when Feyd comes into power people of Arrakis would love him". Leto was much smarter, immediately recognizing not only the value of Fremen but also how Fremen and Dune are comparable to Salusa Secundus and Sardaukar. Baron dismissed any intel about Fremen as "Bah, they're savages".