Batman

Burton's films:

>visually stunning
>Gotham looks like something that rose from the very depths of hell
>Keaton best Batman
>great soundtracks and scores
>Keaton, Jack, Kim, DeVito, Michelle, Walken etc.
>perfect mix of camp, action, comedy, horror, gothic, really captures that comic book aura
>actually looks like a cartoon brought to life, doesn't take itself too seriously and doesn't try to overdone muh exposition to explain plots

Nolan's flicks:

>visually boring, thin and uninspiring
>cinematography is Smallville-tier
>Gotham is literally Chicago
>Bale is good as Bruce, terrible as Batman
>fucking memes such as Caine, Freeman, Neeson, Hathaway, Holmes, Ledger and Hardy
>forgettable soundtracks and scores, there's a fucking background music nonstop playing, gets tedious very fast
>the flicks are some crappy mixtures of thriller, police B-flick and Statham-tier action boogaloos
>there's no charm, depth, charisma, wit
>the flicks take themselves way too seriously, Nolan and Co. try to present some le deep social and political commentary, only to fail miserably
>there are buttloads of expositions for the dummies
>awful plots
>well, at least it spawned Baneposting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OOwUwzNWYK4
youtu.be/zL3PgFBXioU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>visually boring

Stopped reading right there.

How do you care this much

>hating on Hardy

He's great you fuck

But Nolan does suck I agree

Good, that means you read at least half, faggot.

I will agree that Burton's films actually look like a comic book brought to life while Nolan's seem like they're too ashamed to be what they are and are trying to act "grown up" even though at the end of the day they're still based on comic books.

Gotham looked great in Batman Begins

Actually Ledger did the one great role in Batman films and the '66 Batman is the one great Batman film.

Burton's films are Batman films without Batman
Returns is literally some boring shit about Penguin and Catwoman and Batman is barely there

Yes but you can understand why fans would want a more "grown up" version of the character after two of the worst superhero movies ever made when Batman is traditionally a pretty dark character in the comic books.

Go to bed Kevin.

Both stories are good on their own style. Why can't we have both?

>Nolan makes bad films

Yeah, fans wanted a "grown up" version of the character, but that doesn't change the fact that he's from a comic book. The Burton films were dark enough. The Dark Knight borders on ICP levels of edgy.

I agree Nolan's batman movies are already starting to age. Though I think Batman Begins did manage to capture a more gritty dark Gotham. Also actually taking place in night time.

Snyder's kino:

>perfect masculinity
>the greatest superhero adaptations of all-time
>deep symbolism

>He's great you fuck
He's laughably bad as is Bale. Stop sucking their cocks just because you like Bronson and American Psycho.

BALE?

>forgettable soundtracks

just because you tell yourself that doesn't make it true

>He thinks ZimmerMan has good scores

Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect.

Most Marvel Studios filmmakers come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.

Mostly, yeah.

Burton hates comics and has never read a single one except for research.

The stills at the mid section is making my eyes hurt

And still makes comic book films that look heavily stylized

Why

I like TDK but I agree that the setting was a huge downgrade, even from Batman Begins. It's laughable that Nolan expected the audience to believe that Chicago (without any alterations) was Gotham.

That's what I was saying withIt's like the 2nd and 3rd Nolan films were ashamed of what they were and tried to deny it instead of embracing it.

>It's laughable that Nolan expected the audience to believe that Chicago (without any alterations) was Gotham.
Well, it worked. Most movie goers aren't autistic.

Nigga is dyslexic. He can't read to begin with

Batman (66) > The Dark Knight > Batman (89) > Batman Returns > Batman Forever > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > Barman & Robin > Mask of the Phantasm

Haven't seen the rest.

>MotP last

If you don't like cartoons fine, but this movie is at least better than half the live-action movies.

Nolan always rode that line, between trying to honor these characters and feeling a bit ashamed of their silliness. I think that works best for batman who lives in a semi-grounded comic book world. I feel both visions are worth existing. He always focused on the things about Batman's world he deemed worth considering, like Commissioner Gordon's character, Alfred being more than just a butler, Batman using gadgets to have the upper hand and so on.
Snyder, on the other hand, has the mentality of a teenager, for whom everything has to be gritty and moody for it to make sense. Like he's perpetually struggling with these childish urges but he has to force them into what he views as adult themes, but ultimately are just cries for attention from an overgrown tween.

>he hasn't seen Locke

Most movie goers are plebs who don't care about things like "establishing a setting" or "creating an atmosphere". They might have noticed that the city looked different from Batman Begins but then got distracted by the Joker's antics and all the action.

The Dark Knight > Batman Begins > > > > > > > > > > > > The Batman > The Batman Returns > The Dark Knight Rises

Not even defending Dolan but Tim Burton is more emo shit-tier than Nolan. Everything he touches instantly turns into fucking meme emo movies

Zimmershit needs to fucking die

It's not just him, it's all the fucking clones at his company RC that are degrading movie scoring

Batman v Superman had the best Batman

I'll tell you how much Zimmer sucks. Steve Jablonsky ripped off the Batman Begins score for his first Transformers score, but it ended up being better.

Burton
>capeshit

Nolan
>less cape, more kino

Easy.

>Batman is traditionally a pretty dark character in the comic books
Most of the comic books taking place at night =/= dark

You're not even trying dude

>burton's films
>flat matte paintings that can't be articulated at all and lots of obvious sound stages

>nolan's films
>real cities

>real cities
>Hey guys, this is a fictional city that's supposed to be a hellish shithole straight out of a gothic nightmare
>Nolan: Say no more senpai, here's Chicago

Burton
>Gotham with Batman

Nolan
>Chicago with a guy cosplaying as Batman

>chicago
>not a hellish shithole straight out of a gothic nightmare

never been, I see.

Batman Returns > Batman > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight > Batman 1966 > Batman Forever > Batman & Robin > Dark Knight Rises > BvS

Gotham in Batman Begins looks great, pretty close to Burton's at times.

It was only with TDKR that his series turned into New York 2.0.

begins: contrarian
TDKR: plebeian
TDK: patrician

As a non-amerifriend I've been under the impression that the current hell city in the US is Detroit

TDK I mean.

Btaman Begins had some great set pieces that made Gotham a little otherworldly, as it should. Sadly, it was almost completely done away with in The Dark Knight.

Burton
>stylized bombastic capeshit before postmodernism ruined everything

Nolan
>pretentious unstylized capeshit

my favorite shots from Begins are the skyline looks at Gotham and it appears to be this sprawling endless mass that stretches beyond what we can see and the Narrows form a sizeable portion of the city.

>I don't like realism

EARTH
FLAT

>comic books are realistic

Does anyone else respect Fox's Gotham? They get the city right

Are you saying that comic book adaptation can't be more realistic than source material?

Are you saying comic books are better when they're realistic?

No, they're just different.

Oh ya? Read this: That was really rude, you are a big meanie

Nolan is bland. Do you not understand that bland is bad?

>it's bland because it's not stylized
Is that what you're trying to say?

Accurate, but they are not too far from each other.

Batman Under the Redhood is legitimately the best Batman story ever told since it perfectly sums up Batmans character

that doesn´t mean that the City can´t look like it did in the comics

Gothans dark Gothic architecture actually helps set the moot and it´s not like the comic version looks so unrealistic.

just new york with more metal and stone figures

no, it's very retarded story, more retarded than Batman/Punisher crossover.

Cartoon tho was decent.

looks like new york desu

Any place with a population per square mile over 1000 is a hell hole. No cities are safe from this.

never read the comic but the movie was great

I liked the fact that Batman never once question his morals and went with it 100%
his reason for why he can´t make an exception just once for the joker also was great

You don't need to exaggerate to get the audience to understand the city is a crime infested hellhole.

All cities are like that.

>Mask of the Phantasm
>last

underage detected

>>Keaton best Batman

I know this is bait but c'mon. Just in case it's not bait, take off your fucking nostalgia goggles you delusional fuck

The sequences with the rebels preparing themselves in the streets to take down the bane was pure comfy.

return of the joker > all

who said anything about using it inform the viewer

actually making gothan look like gothan would makes the movie look much nicer and give it some great visuals

nolan is just lacy when it comes to setting up great shots.
that is why he just filmed it in chicago and set "that will do"

this is just like how everybody made fun of marvel for filming their great "action" scene at a abandoned airport

Take off your nostalgia goggles for Nolan. Then you'll really see. Batman has never been scary except for this scene.

No, it's just a really bad film.

Well, yeah. They're two very different versions of Batman. What do you not get.

If you think this, watch Memento.

>Keaton best Batman
How can you be happy with an actor who hated the role?

How is that important at all?

I like Memento and it's easily his best. He still mostly makes bad films.

Burton's films:

>Gotham is suitably fantastical given the fantastic subject matter

Nolan's flicks:

>Gotham is presented "realistically", which contrasts with the fantastic subject matter making it seem absurd

He breaks the no kill rule gleefully. He isn't Batman.

Following was good too, though. As was the prestige. Inception, interstellar, and 2/3rds of his batman movies have been shit though, I'll give you that.

To be fair I should have said that he makes mediocre overrated films because that's what almost everyone of those is.

Except Prestige is actually really bad.

For you.

Don't you fucking dare say that Hans Zimmers score was anything short of perfect in these movies.

Fuck you

You need to be 18 to post here.

You don't know anything about film scores

>memes such as ledger
no

I don't give a shit whether he liked it or not. Keaton's always been a RL fag, but he's a damn fine actor.

Literally the biggest meme actor of 21st century thus far, only Day-Lewis comes close.

He grins about using dynamite on a thug. He grins about setting thugs on fire with the batmobile.

If by "meme" you mean good then ok user

>youtu.be/OOwUwzNWYK4

nothing Nolan did comes close

Burton and Elfman are masters

youtu.be/zL3PgFBXioU

pure kino