What are some other terrible fucking decisions?

what are some other terrible fucking decisions?

>I'll choose the disney shit that is just for money

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12157772
billboard.com/articles/news/6450930/emma-watson-disney-beauty-and-the-beast
variety.com/2012/film/news/guillermo-del-toro-to-direct-beauty-and-the-beast-1118050212/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Teller wanted more money

YOU LOSE, YOU JEWS

Is 20 million not enough for a year or two's "work"? Holy fuck these people

Emma & Miles

> 2 of the most Unlikable "starlets" in hollywood

> watching those two woodden planks try to dance, sing, & act in a romatic musical

Damien went with the right choice..

Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that.Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other
You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.

3.5/10 - at least it looked good.

Why would you take less money if you think you can get more?

good

they would have ruined the movie

Why wouldn't you ignore the paycheck to work again with the director that put you on the map?

Jesus

The producers dodged a dozen very high speed bullets there.

Damiens choice was watson you mong she dropped it after reading the shit script and seeing it was oscarbait

How can you be that much of a cuck La La Land sounded horrible

Based Emma dropped out of it after seeing it was dishonest. She was attached to BATB since 2013 when del toro was directing and she wanted to stick with it.

La La Land's budget is $30 million, really doubt he asked for that much

Remaking Ocean's Eleven with an all female cast and throwing some diversity in there.

Apparently no one learned from Ghostbusters.

>hey lets make a musical!

>now lets cast people who can't sing or dance but happen to be semi-famous!

Emma Watson is a fucking horrible actress and Emma Stone can at least express coherent emotions

Definitely this
An actress with such integrity as Watson would never involve herself with such obvious oscar-bait. Instead she wanted to make real genuine films so she's starring in a very personal, progressive live-action $100m remake of Beauty & The Beast

They would have been so much better. Christ Gosling was overselling or underselling every one of his lines and Emma Stone once again can't act.

>Why wouldn't you ignore the paycheck to work again with the director that put you on the map?

>She was attached to BATB since 2013 when del toro was directing

that was a completely different film for warner brothers you stupid fuck

And Stone is funny.

She wanted to sing on screen and had to pick between a film she loved growing up that was at the top of disneys live action list and whom she was involved with for years or a blatant dishonest forgettable flick written by a jew.

The fucking role is literally the same as her role in a tv movie called ballet shoes. Of course she chose to be a disney princess. La La Land is as much of a piece of art as BATB except its honest

She's attractive but she's not a good actress. Stone is the better actress. The correct actress ended up with the role.

the other way around autist stone is the worst actress I've ever seen

what's with this "dishonest" fucking meme?
i swear this shithole just keeps getting dumber and dumber with each new contrarian wave

>mfw you genuinely believe the shit you just typed

Stone was such shit in this.

All the posters for this movie are awesome.

>dishonest

The hoard of internet fatsos bark their approval at your cheez doodle stained, maymay typing skills.

samefag pls

Watson isn't fit to be Stone's makup girl. there's no comparison.

emma can't act or sing for shit. and her american accent is atrocious. she would have ruined it.

they couldn't come up with any other criticisms since they were prepared for the presumptive oscar-winner to be a multi-ethnic story about lgbt rights

This also Emma Stone might be the number #1 reason why to not trust this board. She's jlaw 2.0. Zero nuances.

"emma stone is shit and la la land was dishonest(a meme i dislike when it attacks my favorite pleb garbage) shit"
t. picture related

Didn't she commit to BatB like 3 years ago?
But I'd say the better actors got the awards. Stone isn't as pretty as Watson, but she's a much better actress. And Teller is really overrated and not very likable. His only great role was in Whiplash, where he played a smarmy fuck.

The Dishonesty Meme is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing Sup Forums.

Like Kino, Sup Forums's last endeavor in shit-memery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are saying is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the posts pulsate with vulgar loudness. Their vocabulary words are mere veneers, the ironic shitposting is entertaining but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as their meme-forcing. The posters feel like they've been waiting all day for a meme to describe their non-criticisms and the poster's difficulties to articulate themselves properly is laid bare in the indulgent buzzword-spamming.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically a blanket-label with appeal to artistic merit wrapped up in the veil of arthouse. And much of what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Sup Forums is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad meme. They are guilty for the crime of gestating it's pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to criticize art and daring to call the glib fallaciousness the truth. Perhaps instead of taking their folders and copypastas to the ends of Sup Forums to spread their memes, the posters of the Congolese bark-etching board should have taken their juvenile and crass sensibilities to /r/truefilm. There they could at least make upvotes posting all the memes they wanted.

Dishonest Filmmaking: (Damien Chazzele, Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonizing

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

considering stone and gosling have zero chemistry and feel like they're doing 2 separate films. they should have gone with their first choice

Why does Emily Stone choose oscarbait like Birdman and La La Land and ruin them

Chubby meme can't act living meme cast as Sarah Connor and now in the Han Solo film

Reminder that Sup Forums's favourite film of 2016 is la la land apparently
strawpoll.me/12157772

this Sup Forums is delusional. this is the third time they've shit it up on screen together

Did you write this yourself, or steal it from another website?

We have google

Reminder that Sup Forums is literally a dead BBC board

you know where it originates from. stop with your dishonest shitposting.

La La Land is great because it was made with amazing actors like Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone.
If these 2 talentless hacks were the stars of that movie it would be a complete utter shit Bmovie

OK copy paster lol

Next time you plagarize to sound smart on a Malaysian chat board, paraphrase

Emma Stones performance was absolutely dreadful. No idea what you are all meming about. But she's the top waifu atm

billboard.com/articles/news/6450930/emma-watson-disney-beauty-and-the-beast

emma watson was cast in disneys beauty and the beast 2 years ago

the other beauty and the beast you stupid fucks are thinking of is from warner brothers

variety.com/2012/film/news/guillermo-del-toro-to-direct-beauty-and-the-beast-1118050212/

>strawpoll.me/12157772
>10 votes

okay

Why does marcus hate Stone so much? Its been confirmed that he samefags from multiple devices to defend Watson whenever she comes up

Correct it was a different project entirely...but based on the BatB story and with Emma Watson attached to lead. When the del Toro project fell apart he gave his blessing for her to star in the Disney remake.

>he gave his blessing

end yourself

but paraphrasing defeats the purpose of a copypasta.

There's nothing remotely wrong with what you said, only redditors would disagree Please keep making posts of this calibur.

One of your complaints always sets me over the edge.

>but they still succeed in the end so it's bad

Yes, they succeed but they also sacrifice their relationship and they have to be miserable for a while in order to achieve their dream in the end.
Sebastian literally says "it's conflict and compromise," the whole fucking message is spelled out for us, how do you not get it?

There's a direct correlation with the influx of reddit tourists and the circlejerking over Emma Stone. At least she's so fucking ugly she will be out of the game soon

Did Miles Teller learn how to face from Jaden Smith?

But she's such a good actress!! Kek yes so is daisy ridley sandra bullock and jennifer lawrence

Wait why are you pretending you were here before the reddit invasion? You should up on Sup Forums in 2016 because of star wars 7

Miles Teller is a black hole of charisma

Miles Teller's career is dead anyway, what's it matter?

This story reminds me of Crimson Peak
>watch the movie and absolutely love it
>tony and mia are both amazing and have great chemistry
>go on wikipedia later to see if there is some cool info on the movie
>see that emma watson and benedict cucumber ware initially considered for the lead roles
>mfw dodging two bullets like its the matrix

She was contractually attached to the del Toro film (of which he was also executive producer) and couldn't star in the Disney film without being released by him. I doubt he was happy about his film falling apart or a shitty Disney remake, but he literally gave his consent. Yes, they two different films, but the fact remains that Watson has been attached to lead a BatB project since 2013, which is what triggered your autism in the first place.

Great post, would read again.

>sandra bullock
im a redditor and god pls no

>contractually obligated
>has to give consent for a MOVIE THAT DIED IN 2014 for a movie casting in 2015

If Watson was in it, it wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the praise it's getting.

She's a horrible fucking actress.

Is Watson finished?

no, British

Stone unironically cannot act

And Sup Forums cannot gauge acting, I'm convinced

Probably not as Beauty and the Beast will no doubt do well regardless of how shitty Watson is. Kids don't care about acting talent.

I kek'd.

>These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time

trying a little too hard to fit in here

>emma watson sucks
What a pleb board

Even Emma Watson couldnt have saved this flick desu the character was tripe. It was almost devoid of character. In six months nobody will be talking about this. Its like the Artist only somehow more annoying.

I thought the realistic and grim remakes of child stories were flopping (Tarzan, Jungle Book, etc.)

Jungle Book made almost a billion worldwide and was critically acclaimed.

Tarzan tanked though.

fuck off to watching RLM again you faggot

but she is notoriously box-office poison

>Think you can get more
>Turns out you can't; they cast someone else
>Get nothing
lol

still not as ugly as watson

It didn't do great given its large budget, but it didn't tank either. It's one of those movies that will break even on dvd/blu ray and selling streaming rights, but never enough to make a sequel.

Watson would have been better fight me reddit but either way its overrated. Muh meme awards

No she's not.

She's done a bunch of indie shit and been some 5th named actor on a big budget movie that was shit.

Only gays and autists like Emma Watson, that is a fact.

Emma Watson always has an expression like she just smelled a fart

Or the Emma skeletal with pointy face.

>years 4, 5, and 6 out of order

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wouldn't go this far..

Shes british

I must say HUGE improvement on the last copy pasta. I think people got confused last time when you started bringing up revenant.

Both of you are gay

Holy shit how is this being praised

The movie I mean

God please what's wrong with the country

i wouldn't be a simpleton who can't sniff out obvious oscar-bait and understand it's worth more than a 5% pay rise when my pay will already be tens of millions, that's for sure.

then again there's a reason most well known actors are dense, it's because it doesn't require much intelligence to be even a passable actor. your job is literally just to regurgitate lines and make different faces. so actually maybe they shouldn't be blamed for making dumb decisions.

Emma would have been slightly better than froggy but miles would have been an awful choice.

People like this HP fame ridden ugly feminist cunt (Watson)?

Saoirse Ronan was offered all three of these roles. She turned down all of them in favor of Stephanie Meyer's The Host.