Will (((they))) ever let him work again?

>This is the United States of America. We’ll go on. There’s great like-minded people out there who are Americans first and Republicans or Democrats second, I hope the president-elect does such a great job that I vote for his re-election in four years.
>While I'm not a fan of Trump so far, I'm hoping he succeeds wildly and I am inclined to vote for him in 4 years too... and not just because he's the lesser evil of the candidates.
>I want the president of the USA to do amazing things, to make this countries citizens (all of them, not just 1 party) proud, to make the USA a country the rest of the world strives to be and looks up to, and the USA economy the envy of all.
>Like it or not, Trump is officially our president as of today. I wish him luck and hope he succeeds and succeed in a way that brings everyone together instead of driving us further apart.

Tom Hanks has succeeded over the decades in being a likable guy that's difficult to find fault with. Hard to know if this persona is real or calculated but it is a nice change from most media stars.

Other urls found in this thread:

hungarytoday.hu/news/world-star-actors-feel-hungary-24964
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tom Hanks is guarenteed money for the jews in hollywood. He can say whatever he wants. Tbh, that's a pretty level headed comment and it's actually a mature response to the children protesting in the streets or the ego manic celebrities that live in a bubble.

ITT DEAD CAREERS

Tom Hanks is the only celebrity I feel like I identify with completely politically. Liberal but level-headed about it

>Tbh, that's a pretty level headed comment and it's actually a mature response to the children protesting in the streets or the ego manic celebrities that live in a bubble.

To be honest, we want all the rabid feminists & manchildren crying & protesting in the streets.

We can all look back at the footage in 10 years and laugh at how fucking dumb & childish Liberals are.

leftist scum

Based as fuck. Bridge of Spies and Sully were pure American kino. I hope he keeps starring in Capraesque kino.

Tom Hanks just really really loves America. Anyone that knows anything about Tom Hanks knows this, and him supporting the President no matter who it is is not surprising.

If every celebrity was saying this the next question from Trump supporters would be "What do you mean you're not a fan of Trump right now? Why not? Can't handle the high-energy you cuck?"

Don't pretend moderation is suddenly valued by Trump supporters. They only care that people aren't flat out worshiping Trump. You can't moderately dislike Trump enough. You HAVE to like him or you're a bunch of buzzwords.

I'll take personal dignity over appeasing a bunch of 15-25 year old idiots who get their news from Sup Forums.

This is just calculated talk because Hanks is like the Jimmy Stewart of today, wholesome, so he is popular with both left and right, he does not want to alienate either group on his quest for more millions of shekels

he probably rapes and kills babies

I knew Bridge of Spies would be good but Sully was surprisingly great. I like EAstwood a lot, I just didn't think there was enough material surrounding the Hudson river landing to make a compelling film, but Eastwood managed to do it.

>Hanks is like the Jimmy Stewart of today
literally who?

Some people love drama and can't get their fix through movies and tv so they generate it wherever they go. Such is life.

Reminder that Tom Hanks is a pedophile

>he probably rapes and kills babies

projecting this hard

No. His quirks go in a different direction.

Yes ,yes user, everyone is a pedophile in Hollywood. Money corrupts! They're all evil! If only we knew the secrets!

If he had run for POTUS he would have literally decimated Hillary and Trump... By the way he is not a Jew.

You're confusing "Trump supporters" with Sup Forumstards. I don't think Tom Hanks cares about the latter.

That just shows that the general elections are just a personality contest now, nobody cared about the substance of Trump and Clinton's policies even though there was some really interesting new stuff there. Trump basically revived paleoconservatism and Clinton would've made neoliberalism the dominant world-ideology.

>10 years

kek, a ton of them got arrested for smashing shit in dc and may face 10 year prison sentence

Sup Forums just memed his ass to the presidency. They are fickle like the rest of the people on this website.

Soros will just bail them out with his pocket change

He'd have killed a tenth of Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Trump? Or do you mean a tenth of their supporters?

There's still a dedicated following for Trump there for some reason, despite the fact that he's now the establishment. Really wouldn't surprise me if it's just redditors that never left after the election.

I liked bridge of spies, but I thought that Hanks got overshadowed by Rylance in every scene they shared.

But why? It's just soil on a floating rock.

>hanks is a conservitard

Aaaaaaaand DROPPED!

Nah, the real sign that he's part of the establishment (read: shadow government) will be when the media (besides fox) starts shilling for him like CNN did for Iraq.

its funny how noone went this apeshit over bush being president twice.

america really is the land of the fags

>it's controversial to almost somewhat agree with the president elect
truly the darkest timeline

>Liberal means leftist scum
Fuck you, I'm centre-right but I'm reasonably liberal when it comes to social issues, doesn't mean I buy into the self-victimizing politics of SJW scum.

Well Bush was an actual war criminal but see, he didn't say mean things!

wtf I love Tom Hanks now

Wow, it's crazy how I used to support a racist. Fuck Tom Hanks.

So in other words, Capra stopped working because he was a filthy commie.

Bush wasn't a blowhard reality TV star

You have no idea how lowly people regard reality TV

>I am inclined to vote for him in 4 years too... and not just because he's the lesser evil of the candidates.
>>I want the president of the USA to do amazing things, to make this countries citizens (all of them, not just 1 party) proud
Is he retarded? Did he not see the disastrous start of the presidency and how the US is a laughing stock in the whole world because of Trump?

>Well Bush was an actual war criminal

Just like Trump will be in a matter of months

He's an undercover racist.

>how the US is a laughing stock in the whole world
What are you? Some gossipy hen? Plenty of reasons to dislike trump but that's just some pathetic europhile limpwrist attitude.

>disastrous start

I don't think some fat women marching down the street is a disaster for Trump. If anything they just highlight why Trump won and will continue to win.

If every celebrity said this, I'd have a lot more respect for them. Just because there are a lot of rabid Trump supporters doesn't mean the rest of us want to be hit with all the anti-Trump hype. You wanna talk about personal dignity? Learn to express your views in a civil manner, lead by example and don't use your platform to generate mass hysteria.

Tom Hanks also admired Hungary for how safe it is.

hungarytoday.hu/news/world-star-actors-feel-hungary-24964

>to make the USA a country the rest of the world strives to be and looks up to
It's literally what he said.

Interesting, but I'd like to hear Hooch's input before we go any further.

Nice. I love to dress up in drag, too.

WTF I love Tom Hanks even more now??

>when they go low we go high

>US is a laughing stock in the whole world because of Trump

You mean presstitutes and NGO activists.

German women have chanted Allah Ackbar during her Women's March protest.

So he's not just racist, he's also a moron! How great!

I don't hate Tom Hanks at all, but he's been disappointing me. He had a chance to be the next Jimmy Stewart, but sometime after Castaway, he fell off heavily and is now something of a 2nd rate Gary Cooper.

Road to Perdition showed he can't play villains. He just can't.

I doubt he'll fight 7 wars like Obama did. He said even post-election that he wants to stop regime-change wars and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt till that changes.

>god-awful cabinet picks
>makes his press secretary lie to the public over some petty bullshit
it's pretty disastrous

>Hollywood establishment doesn't like shows that bypass its unions
Gee I wonder why?

t. neckbearded "redpilled" natsoc

>waah wahh trump didnt pick a bunch of liberals for his cabinet

he pulled out of TPP so that makes it already worth it

>no response for the press secretary outright lying at his first appearance
Enjoying your "Alternative facts" little Trump cuck?

>Goldman Sachs investment banker and ExxonMobil CEO
tell me again how he's draining that swamp

>Caring what the rest of the world thinks
You reek of Leaf.

It's got nothing to do with hollywood.

Anybody who isn't literal trash thinks lowly of reality TV.

You stupid faggot.

The point is euros will always have their superiority complex while they simultaneously do nothing. The rest of the world will still strive to be educated and live in the the US because we have the best universities in the world by far. The entire european continent has only 2 worthwhile universities and they're not even on the mainland continent.

>trips
Checked

Anyway, the millennium has been less kind to Hanks' filmography than the 90s, but he's still starred in a lot of great shit.
I think he really does have the skill to be the villain, but he's too entrenched in his likeable American Everyman persona for anyone to buy it.

Who?

drain the swamp was about his ethics reform plan, stuff like term limits, it's on his fucking website

He wasn't a villain in Road to Perdition.

Hanks is the kind of lefty America had in strides until these past few years brought up identity politics to a screaming forefront. I'm glad to hear he's still level-headed. I wish these years hadn't jaded me so much. I feel like I let Tom down by having to call myself right-leaning just so I'm not coupled with the idiots leading the left clique.

>muh parenthesis meme
I want Plebbit "le ebin trump" underage faggots to leave

>thread on Sup Forums=controversy
Internet people have a bubble of their very own

No, he doesn't have the neurosis for it. Look at Jimmy Stewart in any of his defining roles, he could flip the switch and becoming terrifying on a dime, especially after WWII. Hanks has never even come close to hitting those notes. Can you imagine Hanks pulling off Vertigo? Compared to that, Stewart could pretty much sleepwalk through most of Hanks' roles.

He was a cartel hitman, closest he ever came, and he still didn't own it fully.

Do these fucking retarded liberals know that Obama is considered a war criminal exactly like Bush is in the rest of the world? Do they know that most of the world thought Hillary was the worse choice? Do they know that americans are actually the bad guys in the Russia VS USA rivalry? When the fuck will they finally wake up and realize their childish embarrassing reaction to Trump winning is one of the most pathetic displays of self-importance ever? Do they ever wonder, why the actual left hated Hillary and even preferred Trump? In their warped little minds, do they even realize their obsession with black people is weird and pathological?

You fucking millennials make me sick with your participation trophies and your twitter slang and your tumblr sensibilities. Whatsa matta? Baby gonna cry? Baby wanna safe space from da big meanie on da inta-net? Well I've got news for you, cuck. Real life's knocking on your door. In real life there are no safe spaces you stupid little bitch. So look up from your phone, pull your head out of the PC clouds, and get ready. Because we're taking back this country. And you can lead, follow, or get your fairy ass out of the way. Choice is yours, kiddo.

This desu. There are many level headed people on both the liberal and conservative sides. Identity politics fags make liberals look bad and racist fags make conservatives look bad. Tom Hanks is a student of history and, like many of us, can see the bigger picture beyond individual political affiliation.

>being this triggered
holy shit m8

Nice alternate facts, comrade!

America as a whole still went left, including Trump's election, which is really a victory for the traditional left. Trump isn't a republican, no modern day republican could flip the Rust belt.

It's just that the nu-left went completely off the rails into something approaching authoritarianism.

Do you plan on participating in the "taking back" of the country or do you expect others to do it for you?

Give me 3 examples of Authoritarianism by the Democrats.

>complaining about safe spaces and PC culture
No one outside the internet gives a shit.

>America as a whole still went left, including Trump's election
Jesus christ. Do you realize that even Obama is considered center-right everywhere except in the US?

What the fuck are you talking about you braindead retard? Try again

>I don't like Trump, but I hope he does a good job instead of fucking everything up like I expect him to.

Oh wow, what a glowing endorsement. (((They))) are totally B'ed the FO.

Yes, give more alternate facts. Good for Trump!

>even Obama

Obama is a crypto-neocon compared to most democrats

Yeah because Obama is an interventionist and free-trader, he was essentially a Bush republican with a pretty face. Coincidentally that's exactly what Trump ran against. Really makes you ponder huh?

>implying Woody wasn't the villain in Toy Story 1
How pleb

>Blowed

Is this gonna replace that retarded term "fake news"?

>alternate facts
The liberal bubble is real

I was talking about culture, not policy, which is what defined the election.

Nonetheless, you could say on many levels that Obama extended the neocon policies of Bush, heavily built up the surveillance state, made secret international wars commonplace, and basically stretched the powers of the Executive branch to their limits.

I'm pretty sure that after W, that wasn't what most people had in mind when voting for Obama.

Yes let's ignore all the real problems the country has and focus on the evil SJWs and college campuses. Feminazis are literally the greatest threat this nation has ever faced.

>all those buzzwords

Then how the hell did the US 'move to the left'? Trump is far from being economically left-wing. He's basically all over the place.

Nah, it's just some straight down the middle baseball and apple pie Americana rhetoric.It's safe and doesn't offend anyone

It'll do until another person from the trump camp says something equally retarded.

The Obama campaign for starters, the Hillary campaign was even worse.

>apolitical moron wanders into the conversation

No bubble here, just repeating Kellyanne Conway's term. She really is a political visionary you know. Shouldn't be disrespecting her.