youtube.com/watch?v=-ikrZdyu89I&t=1519s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

I need some lifting music

There’s so much good metal it’s hard to know where to begin

>Melana Chasmata
>Not Monotheist
>Behemoth

Attached: 4394E699-53DB-418F-B5A8-A4E033C821DC.gif (449x321, 2.68M)

I know Monotheist completely set the stage for Triptykon, but I really prefer the Triptykon albums. It seems like Tom G. Warrior really refined the whole concept with those.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ikrZdyu89I&t=1519s

Cringe.

There's more good metal than could ever be listened to in a human being's lifespan

Please, set me straight on metal.

Then again, with that name I don't have much faith in your judgement.

To each their own, but I can’t see how Tom built onto the formula at all with Triptykon. Everything from the concise song writing, the almost too simplistic but dynamic, thicc riffs, beautiful melodies, to the gothic sense of dejection were never recaptured imo. Not to mention all of the (dark) ambient sections don’t come remotely close to totengott or incantation against you. Pretty sure Martin Eric Ain had a lot to do with what made Tom’s music great.

Listen only to black metal, not that gay stuff. Listen to Satanic Warmaster

Ain is a great guitarist. I've listened to Monotheist and the second Triptykon album a lot, and while it doesn't have those brooding interludes, I'd say Triptykon does a better job of synthesizing the different elements of Monotheist in a consistent package. I like how it's both gothic, but also pounding and alien-like, very appropriate for the Giger imagery. It's intense and heavy, but still consistently gothic. I like both, but it's really no comparison, at least with Melana Chasmata.

Immolation, Esoteric, Darkthrone, Gorguts, Possessed, Candlemass, Inquisition. Come on, man. Get some real shit in your system. Or fuck, just listen to Celtic Frost if you want something like Triptykon but not trash.

recently got into Oranssi Pazuzu and wound up really enjoying it. Check them out my dude

I like Darkthrone a lot. Triptykon isn't trash, and I doubt you've really given them a chance if you actually like Celtic Frost. I can't take you seriously if you don't like Godflesh.

CF > HellHammer > Triptykon

I'm fine with that order because I like all 3, but if you're insinuating that Triptykon is bad then I have to strongly disagree with you.
Honestly, the only thing by Tom I think is probably stronger than Melana Chasmata is Morbid Tales, but that's mainly because I like noisy, punky stuff

Godflesh is great. I was referring more to 80s Celtic Frost which is also great. Monotheist isn't good.

phew i thought i was the only one here that didn't like Monotheist

>*forgets that Cold Lake and Vanity/Nemesis exist*

Attached: essential metal starter pack.jpg (1660x1660, 925K)

You know that "80s Celtic Frost" doesn't mean "literally everything they did in the 80s".
Unironically a great starter pack.

Nice, I've actually been meaning to check out that early proto-black Sepultura stuff

>You know that "80s Celtic Frost" doesn't mean "literally everything they did in the 80s".

Attached: BEA11A19-07EE-4CA6-8C38-BEB2DBB837BB.jpg (960x948, 49K)

t. literal brainlet

(You)

Nice try.
>Yeah, the 90s are my favourite decade for music.
>lol this guy likes Kenny G
Really makes me think, anonymous poster.

Attached: Capture299.png (131x56, 1K)

OP here - guys, this is a silly argument

No shit.

>le ol’ crop & paste trick

Tripfags, when will they learn?

Attached: 5115C18C-22BE-43AC-A327-B6F8CAF9DE52.gif (320x180, 565K)

not a samefag, that other post is mine