Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Both. J.K. Simmons for being a big meanie, and Whiplash himself for sucking up to him thinking only his opinion mattered.

Seriously, he was already good at the drums. Why didn't he just form a band and impress chicks and fuck them?

>passing on fucking prime Supergirl just for muh drums
he was a retard

>thinking pussy is more important than your life goals

cuck
And I don't use this meme word very often

A real "charlie parker" wouldn't need someone yelling at him constantly to be the best

so did he really send the truck driver to crash into his car?

>Why didn't he just form a band and impress chicks and fuck them?

He was aiming at a more formal type of music, so he need to go to a prestigious music school and impress the right people to play in the right places.

Do people say that? Because it is stupid as fuck

now that I think of it, how come there are so few movies about teacher/pupils relationships?
I mean the whole "education" theme as a whole is really important IRL but then there are virtually no movies about it

The main character was a retard for letting the teacher bully him like that, for putting himself in mortal danger like getting his aproval was the only way to excel in something he was clearly good at.

But the teacher was a fucking psycho, even after finding out one of his students killed himself because of him, even after seeing his student walkin out of a car accident to please him he didn't tone down his asshole level a single bit. And the cherry on the top of his asshole cake was trying to fuck up forever the best drummer he had just because his boardline criminal acts were reported to his superiors

>it wasnt about jazz guitar

into the trash

literally screamed and got out of the theater
yeeah i know that's where the movie ends

>taking it literally

idiot

fuck off artschool fag

I get tired of memes sometimes and respond to the seriously. I did it a few times with "what did he mean by this?" too

>was trying to fuck up forever the best drummer he had
it's just another test bro

Nope, he was trying to fuck him up for good

what did he mean by this?

I believe OP's question was just a meaningless meme to get the thread goin and not a literal question to be answered, by not realizing this, and actualy answering the question someone may look like a idiot

why was he so nice to him half way during his solo ?
like "hey man what are you doing? :D"

He started to play nice and he decided to go with it, it was his band playing after all

>hit people in the face if they don't get the tempo right
>It was just a test, a true artist would never give up
>use abusive theaching methods that make his students kill themselves
>try to burn the bridge between you and every possible oportunity in your life as a musician
>cut off your arms so you have to learn how to play with your mouth

He was one hell of a shitty teacher and human

Because he wasn't a plebeian and wasn't fulfilled playing pleb music and fucking pleb girls.

The whole mentor / student thing has been done numerous of times. From the very top of my head, good will hunting as a semi serious movie related to this concept.
But I guess the relationship is seldom presented as such.

That drummer for sucking dick at playing the drums.

Apt Pupil is bretty gud.

What you wrote is what the dishonest pasta means by films that are made just so hacks critics can write "fancy essays." You whole post is long and meaningless but it sure sounds like you are some kind of expert. BRAVO

so, was it autism then?