Why did we start caring about whether or not people are industry plants

why did we start caring about whether or not people are industry plants
music industry politics (what it's all really about now) have nothing to do with the content musicians make.

when did the big change happen and why?

Attached: IMG_20180312_132659.jpg (612x612, 45K)

we only care if they suck or if theyre using politics and major label connections while fronting as a diy indie artist giving false hope to aspiring musicians who are probably more talented but get no press

Pale Waves is a good band and this board is too scared to admit it

Attached: pale waves.jpg (1500x1000, 130K)

who gives a shit
it's always been like that
it always will be
it's not like Sup Forums's never heard of inequality in the world
there has to be a reason the majority of the board's interests have changed

idk man no one ever mentions anything about their music, even those who enjoy it

she looks like this girl from high school I couldn't stand but really liked at the same time

>it's always been like that
>implying this is an argument at all
fucking retard

the question is about why the board changed
im not really trying to save indie or bring down the rich or whatever with this thread

>music industry politics (what it's all really about now) have nothing to do with the content musicians make.

If that was true, there would be no need for industry plants.

who cares that shit is a retarded topic
when did you start browsing this board btw?

I like them user

Attached: tumblr_owivyoNmj21uq44zbo2_1280 (1).gif (600x250, 2.99M)

I just can't respect someone that didn't work for what they have desu

>not lurking moar
Recently, because Clairo's dad is an industry big wig and people denying he doesn't use any of his pull to help his daughter get to where she is now are delusional. But, people suspecting people in the media in general are receiving a secret agendas from someone over them to promote something is nothing new.

Why are you talking about how much you respect someone when you should be talking about how shitty the music is?

that's basically celebrity gossip
why does this board care so much now about that when it didn't used to?

Clairo's dad having pull isn't gossip but the second part is yes. From a Youtube video to being on a lineup with Tyler, the Creator. That doesn't smell fishy to you? Plus it's interesting to discuss whether an artist is a plant or not.

idk man i just like music
just whether or not clairo's a plant doesn't seem like something that could be discussed anyway
like what can be said other than claiming she is or she isn't? And if she is, it doesn't change anything about what she makes

Lol if im being completely serious though technically this is a creative board so the main topic should actually be making music, but not too many people do that, so might as well stick to talking about listening to music

fuck off Clairo

we care cause it gives indie artists false hope?
thats reaching
there is no possible way for someone not to know that getting into the music business is hard

I haven’t been on Sup Forums in a few years but holy shit this place has gone down hill. Reading this thread feels like looking through tumblr. You guys are all 18 or so but we used to just talk about music on here, not drama with high school girls and whose daddy has pull.

i like music

Also, stop calling shit indie, it makes you look like a giant douche

when did you start browsing and how many times have you brought her up today

nigga indie is an old ass term nothing weird about it

lmao we always have, why do you think the whole beatles debate is still heated literally sixty years afterwards

>talk about music on Sup Forums
>clairo is musician
>also happens to have questionable meteoric rise
>people discuss it
Why does this trigger you so?

man i have very very rarely seen anyone discuss whether or not the beatles were plants until shills/plants/etc became huge on this board
used to just be the scaruffi pasta

>Vox guitar

Yeah that's all I need to know to dislike them

It hasn’t been literally 60 years since the Beatles. And what is the debate?

lol that's as relevant to me as what clairo ate for breakfast today
she's a musician sure but this whole plant talk is going overboard
like she could just be forgotten, she doesn't even have a full album

>s-stop talking about industry plants g-goy!!
>you're not supposed to know about those!!

She’s a high school girl playing dress up and making music she thinks sounds cool. It’s boring and doesn’t deserve attention. Stop giving it attention. Stop with the People magazine gossip shit about who might be a “plant” or who has political connections or whatever.

It's not going overboard if it's true though

i see what ur trying to do
it'll probably work lol rip thread

just way too many threads baby

pls no we had something good going

Who else thought Cocoa Sugar was overrated, corny, dressed up radio shit?

damn i gotta listen to it AND think up something to reply to this shit too much work

okay well 55 years is still a long ass time
> THE FACT THAT

I agree that the plant talk is a little much as of recent but I like being skeptical of stuff in general.
>political connections or whatever
>Geoff Cottrill, her father, was the former Chief Marketing Director for Converse
>high schooler
>19 years old
oof your boi is laffin. You Clairo shills are gonna have to try harder than this my guy. And for the record, her music is fine and definitely has its niche. But, I'm not going to lie to my self and say that her talent aligns with her stardom. But, that is almost never the case in life and when it is, it usually goes unnoticed.

*Chief Marketing Officer

Rather this than another soy bait thread

Not just at Converse, but at Starbucks Entertainment Hear Music, The Coca-Cola Company's entertainment marketing team, Proctor & Gamble
I think he's also part of some grammy thing

yo my dad works at kanye west

I mean its pretty obvious that this is an industry plant. Her father has his fingers in a lot of places

like his daughter's pussy

ayoooo

i mean i believe you but idk it doesn't really matter right?

Nah, but her music also sucks ass and she doesn't deserve major music press or notoriety.

This has to be bait

Attached: 1504841578972.gif (450x362, 1.71M)