Watching this now

Watching this now
What should I expect?

feels

A movie.

more importantly, what are some movies like OP's. I want it to break me.

it's a long road of sorrow

The best film I've ever vowed to never watch again.

It get's intense at some points.
You could probably read the book in the same amount of time.

To be sad

feels indeed, book is better though. I'm a sucker for Vigo it's still a good movie.

I implore you to read the book instead. It's a short read and a much more intense, gratifying experience.

Just watch the movie you fucking disgusting faggot.

A feel good comedy

Inept translation of a literary work. Maybe even the worst translation of page to screen in the history of Hollywood.

Not that it's a bad movie, but it can't begin to capture the language, emotion, and pace of McCarthy's novel. This isn't to say it's some be-all-end-all of literature, but that the ideas within it are wholly literary and unable to be projected into other work.

Pain.

how edgy

Basement dwellers scene got to you?

fuck off reddit

OP here. Not the adventurous romp I expected

I consider myself fairly strong against horror and the like, but jesus christ, those people crawling out of that bunker fucked with me.

>Watched this and The Mist one after the other

I've never been so fucking miserable because of movies. Also I had legit nightmares due to it.

You are a weak pathetic faggot user. Which year were you born?

>all these people defending the road
lmao, how's oprah's cock taste?
mccarthy hasn't written a good book since BM

When the movie started I thought the kid was retarded and I was like 'oh that's a neat idea. Father trying to take care of his retarded kid in the apocalypse.'
Turns out he's just a shit actor and almost ruins the film.

1997, and I don't need reminding of that, it's why I'm here talking with fellow pathetic faggots like you.

Just got done watching this. Is it any good?

You disgust me. Where did your parents go wrong? Why are so many of you little faggots scared of movies? What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

Why not pound my ass and tell me what a weak bitch i am?

Why are so many 90's born guys such fucking queers? What the fuck happened to your age group?

Sorry I'm not autistic enough to detach myself from movies and hate everything like you do Mr. Edgelord.

Teach me daddy

>ask about Josef Fritzl's kids
>leave have a smoke
>get back
>this guy starts it with '97 over there
>mfw

>Mr. Edgelord.
You're just fucking pathetic user. They're images moving on a screen. How can you be so weak?

Okay, you're just baiting if you're really saying this here.

Literally the worst movie I've ever seen, not even memeing. MST3K couldn't salvage anything from it.

Sorry to break it to you like this, but you swallowed his bait long ago

The Road has the worst fans possible who thinks that every Post-Apocalyptic piece of fiction has to be a misery fest like the festering pile of shit they turned the book and the movie to.

is pretty good mane

I'm not. It's just that before you guys came along grown men were not afraid of tv shows and movies. Something went wrong with you guys. Parenting? Media? I don't know.

It should be because people are so weak that if the world did end, 80% of humanity would just give up.

That's what the movie does right, the fact that the world ending isn't some awesome survival where everyone is basically Rambo. It would suck.

Okay user, everything's what you say it is and the past was better.

>I consider myself fairly strong against horror and the like

You should expect to cry

Shut the fuck up you fucking retard, it's fiction, it doesn't fucking matter you wimp. That's what you mongoloids don't understand. All you children saw from it was the edgy redneck cannibals and shock footage from the movie, that's it, there's nothing else that you got from it.

We're not talking about everything else user, we're just trying to work out why you're such a pathetic scaredy cat faggot.

Jesus Christ, this thread is pure autism.

aaand there it goes

>I consider myself fairly strong against horror and the like

>Okay, you're just baiting if you're really saying this here.
How could this possibly be construed as bait?

Well the ending wasn't grimdark at least. A lot of feels but not horror or anything. Not a bad flick.

Depression.