IHeartRadio has filed for Bankruptcy

IHeartRadio has filed for Bankruptcy

Attached: 1492EE35-8EDF-4994-8040-F9D6BDF15D58.jpg (1242x2075, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BX-7BlRc_a0
youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>radio

my grandma will be devestated

thank god

>he doesn't tune the knob
shiggy

it's about damned time.
now maybe things can start changing for the better.
they were the only thing propping up mainstream country artists (and i use the term 'artists' loosely).
all of these pretty faces with no discernible talent should be very scared rn.

Attached: results.png (690x401, 47K)

lmao good riddance

I hate - fucking HATE - syndicated radio stations.

Didn't they just put on a major award show?

About fuckin' time. Get themselves out of the whole Leveraged Buyout Fiasco from about ten years ago, sell off the stations at a greatly reduced price to more local owners who'll actually attempt to experiment and may play local bands and don't have a huge parent company who has crippling debt and needs you to stick to the incredibly safe playlists just to stay afloat.

Dude. I have been waiting for this shit forever.
Like a few years ago i would follow the news of clear channel and viacoms decline silently thinking "die already.....come on"

youtube.com/watch?v=BX-7BlRc_a0

Attached: 62ddddf129503d2a7ed0effdbf6df93827c8d8103728f7eee6c78f13678f5792.jpg (479x451, 37K)

this is what they get for getting one hit wonder meme artists to play entire sets at their festival

And?

ON IHEARTRADIO

lool, you dont even realize how shit this company is. After bill clinton deregulated the radio industry clear channel bought up every station and had a virtual monopoly. They destroyed local radio, they were no doubt taking payola to only play shitty top 40 pre approved play lists, they marginalized any music that wasnt garbage pop.

Maybe people would have moved onto the internet eventually but these fuckers didnt help

I really do wonder if this will effect the music industry in any way

the radio used to be a very important instrument to fame.
I read a story about how bon jovi waited outside a radio station for days to try and convince the dj to play his bands music.

That kind of thing doesnt happen anymore for various reasons

The radio and TV waves are still very important and do and should belong to the public.

lol no. Clear channel and the other monopolize have destroyed radio. Young people today get famous by making tweets and going viral on youtube
Oh and podcasts are the talk radio.

Basically radio isnt event a rotting corpse. Its dust.

dust in the wind

youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

Well, what I meant to say is that yes, it is a monopoly and that's what's wrong. But the airwaves should belong to the public. They have effectively removed the public's voice.

Radio is still quite relevant anywhere without an internet connection.

most of america has bad internet.
even l.a. has bad internet.
blame time warner.
there's another monopoly that needs to get checked.

Time Warner is one of the big what is it, three now? They are down to maybe three large labels, Sony, Warner and BMG I believe. All the others have been absorbed into each other. It's really fucked.

Never forget the time Billie Joe embarrassed himself on stage at the iHeart Music Awards.

Attached: ePDU9.jpg (467x467, 136K)

Relevant alternative radios do exist, they stream and upload their stuff on the internet so they can get a wider audience. I regularly listen to a couple of stations from NYC and London even though I live in continental Europe. The added bonus from being a true radio station is that you don't need internet to listen to it if you are in the area where they are emitting, and that's always nice.