Moonlight

Am I missing something? Why is this getting so much praise?

Because it was a good movie.

Because you're gay.

it's the only decent academy-nominated movie this year. although it's close to being a flick.
this post cooldown shit is reddit as fuck. fuck hiroshimoot

identity politics

Its already been proven that this movie was written by a Jewish man and given to blacks to make them seem intelligent

Kicks was 10 times the movie, released at the same time, about the same subject matter, but protagonist is hetero, so no one cares.

But the movie portrays them as stupid and ignorant most of the time?

Not him but does it do that or not? Don't put question marks at the end of statements you fugging nu-male

>Kicks was 10 times the movie

watch this if you haven't already. You will LOVE it.

>nu-male
6'1, 200lbs, 7 inch dick, great job..

>8 reviews

watch it you retard.

>there are people who will watch 2 hours of a gay nigger with aids do jungle dances dressed as a drag queen because "it was shot well"
If you aren't immediately repulsed by the cover of this movie you are a cuck to the max.

thanks, great post

>Its already been proven that this movie was written by a Jewish man

Source?

According to Wikipedia/IMDB it was written by two black men -- Tarell Alvin McCraney and Barry Jenkins.

It does. A good number of characters act like common dindus

>with aids do jungle dances dressed as a drag queen
Trying a little too hard

hope you workout, fatty.

it was pretty good, but Manchester is better

>Acclaimed movie is predominately about about whites/heterosexuals/men...
Patrician: "That was a great movie."
SJW/tumblr: "Waaaah! There were not enough blacks/homosexuals/women!!"

>Acclaimed movie is predominately about about blacks/homosexuals/women...
Patrician: "That was a great movie."
Alt-Right/pol/: "Waaaah! There were not enough whites/heterosexuals/men!!"

Identity politics = Cancer. Get over yourselves, pantywaists.

>but protagonist is hetero

So, not the same subject matter?

Based,

We've had post cooldowns since long before g00k, newfriend. Be glad you missed the worst of the spambots

I saw it on Sup Forums a while back with a source

Can't remember it now I think they were discussing it on Stormfront recentrly

Well damn, if your sources are Sup Forums and Stormfront, say no more! We all know how unbiased and reliable they are. Good work.

Moonlight is much better than La La Land but I haven't seen Manchester by the Sea yet. I, Daniel Blake was just alright and I'll probably go see Toni Erdmann tonight. Still have to watch Elle to compare with Emma Stone's performance.

its literally the same type coming of age story, but told in the more effective way in Kicks.

Why is gay kino better than hetero kino?

In my opinion, Moonlight and Toni Erdmann are the top two of the year. Manchester by the Sea would be in the 3 to 5 range. Elle would be in the 5 to 8 range, along with La La Land. I haven't seen "I, Daniel Blake".

Straight bear mode. Bench 225. Squat 315. Deadlift 405.

Toni Erdmann is shit senpai

go you're stupid.

>RT is relevant
So every marvel movie is a masterpiece, huh? Just go back to r*ddit.

Niggas act extra masculine and violent to conceal how gay they are. Literally the black community in a nutshell. I hope this first gay niggas kino would inspire more of them so the world can see how gay niggas are. Truly the highest form pottery.

DCfag detected.

Your movies are shit, deal with it.

I hope those are kilos.
No offense dude, but those are novice numbers at your weight.
Also, the fact that your numbers are even plates is suspicious to me.

>hope those are kilos
Yes, every man at 200 should be bench 500lbs, squat 630lbs, and deadlift 810lbs.

kys nu-male dyel

That was said in jest.
Also, there's no reason you can't aim for those numbers as a natural lifer, save maybe the bench.

fuck off Sup Forums no one likes you

I don't understand why this is so hard for them to understand.

There are people in /plg/ right now with a 300kg squat. Don't sell yourself short.

Don't really care about going that high. Not trying to be a powerlifter.

this can't be real

>I saw it on Sup Forums a while back with a source
>Can't remember it now I think they were discussing it on Stormfront recentrly
wew lad

>anecdotal evidence
>admits to bias sources of anecdotal evidence
>various typos and misspellings
>admits to not remembering well
This is the power of alt-right lunacy.

Is it really?

Gay niggers.

Yes, it is. Ten years from now, it will likely be recognized as the best film of 2016, and will CERTAINLY be recognized as among the top 5 films of 2016.

MY FUCKIN' NIGGA

What makes it the best movie though? I saw it and it didn't stand out to me. Juan was great, but he was barely in the movie.

gay niggers

Did you see it in the theater?

>what makes a good movie a good movie
leave

This, a true patrician doesnt fuck with politics

did don lemon talk about it at all?

lmao

Yeah, I saw it in the theater. It was good, but I don't think it's the amazing masterpiece everybody is making it out to be.

Lack of competition, mostly.

La la lands probably going to win though. Musicals are weapon's grade oscarbait these days.

Fucking niggers

Wait. It's pantywaist? I always thought it was pantywaste

Fucking hopefully, I'll take a (well done) musical over "lol nigga u gay" any fucking day. And before you call me Sup Forums, I thought 12 Years a Slave did deserve to win best picture that year.

Over 50 post in and barely any actual discussion about the film. Man this is a shitty board. Lets actually talk about the movie itself for once.

I think it was good. Not great, but good. The ending felt very underwhelming and I think that making Chiron a mostly silent protagonist undercut a lot of potential drama, especially during the 3rd chapter in which his reunion with Kevin could have been a lot more powerful.

I also think the first chapter was the strongest and am bothered that the most interesting character was killed off screen with little actual character evolution.

Any ideas as to why the movie is called Moonlight? What does it mean in the context of the narrative? Does it refer to the role it plays in revealing Chiron's true character, or perhaps the term moonlighting as in Chiron pretending to be someone he isnt?

>he's black
>he's gay

just needs a holocaust thing to have 100% oscar's win rate

What, in your opinion, was the best film of 2016?

>wanting actual dicsussion
>>>/reddit/

Honestly I didn't see much in 2016. The Handmaiden was very enjoyable though, so my pick might be that. Don't Breathe was shlocky as fuck but I enjoyed that too. Not a good year though imo.

I don't like reddit and their annoying upvote jerk off system but I guess I'll have to go there for actual discussion...

>la la land
>well done musical

Dude. You wrote all that just to say what autist said in 2 words: "it sucks." Brevity is the soul of wit.
>wants discussion
>writes a wall of drivel

To answer your questions, the filmmakers themselves don't even fucking know. That's why it's a hack piece of shit. Dishonest filmmaking.

>responding seriously to obvious satire
You desperately want that bogeyman to be real.

thank you

I did not say that it sucks. I said that it was good, but had some problems. Do you agree that it was good? Do you agree with my statements, and if so, which ones? Is it a flawed but good movie, and if so why? Or does it just, as you say, "suck"?

Brevity is good but thats no excuse to dumb down statements into binary "i like it" or "I dont like it".

Jesus Christ I just realized I am spending time defending film discussion on a board supposedly meant for discussing films. Fuck it I'm out.

Fuck this movie, first two acts were fucking outstanding but the last one was so boring and bland, it killed the movie for me.

Second and third act needed like 10 more minutes each I think of fleshing out some stuff, 3rd act especially needed a bigger ending.

they ain't no endings in life dog

ya herd

No one is saying Moonlight needs white people. Why put words in people's mouths?

Most are saying they are oscar baiting by giving the protagonist attributes that are hot topic social issues like being a black male, being gay, having a druggie mom, drug dealer with a heart of gold. This is John Green tier of writing by making every conceivable tragedy befall your main character to garner unearned sympathy. It's shallow and emotional exploititive. It's like giving a character no legs, cerebral palsy, cancer, dead parents all in one go.

Even Forrest Gump only had 1 disability and it was just that he was retarded. Rain Man was autistic. That's it. He wasn't also gay, or grew up poor, or did drugs. These characters also had redeeming qualities, like Gump is impossibly positive even though he has no reason to, and Rain Man is extremely smart in his own way though autistic. Moonlight had not redeeming qualities at all. He was violent, goes to jail and becomes a drug dealer later. All we're supposed to do is to feel sad, and even that becomes a drag.

That's why Moonlight is crappy writing. The other aspects like cinematography and music might be slickly packages, but it cannot be a great movie while lacking a good plot and story.

It took all my effort not to use the "dishonest" meme but god is it not extremely true for this and most modern movies, especially those released near awards season.

>I don't like reddit and their annoying upvote jerk off system

I wish there was a board with the following features:

1) subject matter is like r/TrueFilm/
2) structured so that posts appear chronologically, with no 'upvotes' involved
3) no capeshit/starshit/blockbustershit/children's movies shit allowed
4) no political agenda, i.e., no obsessive-compulsive Sup Forums or SJW retards injecting irrelevant and toxic identity politics into every thread.
5) anonymous free-wheeling atmosphere, so that normal people can feel free to both shitpost and post their honest critical feedback with impunity.

Alas, such a BBS is an impossibility.

I do agree, First act I would have liked a little more, but it was still great, 2nd was good and I wanted more, but not as much as first, but yeah the ending was just kind of "okay that happens" there is not really a payoff, and I know they are trying to make it realistic, but it is still entertainment and I would have preferred some resolution.

>tfw too intelligent to argue
Go back and stay on

It's called Moonlight because of that scene on the beach with chiron and kevin

Yeah man I really wanted to see how Juan handled chiron's rejection more, I wanted to see him turn his life around cause of chiron

That sounds boring as shit m8. Why don't you buy a site and run it yourself? Or start a youtube channel like nerdwriter so we can all hear your long pretentious spiels about your favorite "kinos."

>mfw people are so stupid they take blatant bait

>That sounds boring as shit m8.

Holy shit... go back to watching "Now You See Me 2", you embarrassing pleb.

Boring

Take out 1 and 4 so it will be better overall

>Most are saying they are oscar baiting

Are you clinically retarded?

Most of the Academy consists of elderly white men who don't give two shits about 'political correctness' or 'hot topic social issues'.

"La La Land" is pure Oscar Bait.

"Moonlight", in contrast, is Oscar kryptonite. The typical Academy member is an 85 year old white male who would never even think of opening the Moonlight screener DVD case, based on the cover alone.

Get a grip, asshat.

What?
>Tell you your idea is shit by it's merit.
>you imply that I watch crap movies?
Pls connect this logic. If this is the type of "quality" discussion we should expect then I was right.

>Hollyjew
>white men
Pls I need a source on this schlomo.

>you imply that I watch crap movies?

Whoa, wait. Are you actually denying that you watch and prefer 'crap movies'? The evidence is all around you, son.

>Gay niggers

I'll pass

Let me rephrase it for you, then, Sup Forums user:

"Elderly Jewish men whose race, according to the most recent US Census, is classified as 'white'."

OK?

Honestly i like that the movie doesn't try to teach you anything, there's no catharsis after the ending, its not like Boyhood - a simillar film that tries to make you emotional-.
Its just a good fucking flick, the acting is amazing, loved how Black had the same eyes as Little.
Also, Moonlight because of the talk with Blu and the scene with his gay little friend

LOLOLOL OY VEY ARE YOU SAYING 6 TRILLION GOYS DIED IN THE HOLOCAUST? AND GOYS NEED REPARATIONS? THAT'S EXTREMELY ANTI SEMITIC OF YOU.

people are gonna fall for this bait so hard lmao

Reminder this is the face of Sup Forums.

Do not believe Sup Forums when they speak of improving the white race

Most people here don't want to drive the white race to new heights; they only want the lowest common denominator swampnigger trash to take over.

It has very little to do with gayness and more with masculinity per sé, really good movie, you should watch.

Anyone remember the first time captcha was introduced to Sup Forums? It was because that pedophile at anontalk was spamming Sup Forums nonstop, one of the last big raids Sup Forums ever did was ddosing that site for like a month straight.

>Praises Forrest fucking Gump writing
>Moonlight writting was bad
REEEEEEEEEE
Jesus christ you niggers are so fucking stupid, the problem with Moonlight its not your typical hollywood movie and its being marketed as such because of Oscar season, so all you plebs think the movie sucks but its just because you're all fucking plebs

>Forrest Gump ... Rain Man

Jesus fucking Christ -- gas yourself, you disgusting turbo-pleb.

Looks like a nice guy, would have a beer with.

It's shitty libtard propaganda. Didn't watch it, nor will I ever watch this bullshit.
Cucks

cool poster

shut up tripfag