/dre/

He's already released three 10/10's, thoughts on this guy?

Attached: 0-dr-dre-albums.jpg (1080x720, 183K)

Best mainstream producer, Dilla and Madlib are underground contenders.

2001 is unironically the best produced hip-hop album of all time.

None of those are 10s

The Chronic is especially terrible

Its literally just uninspired piano clinks and violins

Name us a 10/10 rap album desu

Barter 6

The Chronic is his only 10.

2001 is a 9 at best, Compton is a 5.

>bitches ain’t shit

What did he mean by this?

Hip-hop fans don't understand their genre ages like milk and call things 10's that may have been at the time of release but are nowhere close today

Found the teenager

¿¿Where??? lemme r3kt him first XD

What? Pretty sure you can't even be a teenager and not love hip-hop, I was also in love with hip-hop as a teenager ten years ago and it's precisely for that reason it is so much more obvious how bad it ages, because I grew up

Attached: 127.jpg (500x500, 32K)

I got into hiphop when I was about 10 and still love it now as an oldfag. As I got older I started to appreciate order albums a lot more. If you "grew out of hiphop" you never really loved it to begin with.

Well, I would argue I grew out of it because I probably really only loved it so much because it's all the media was shoving down my throat, had I actually known what else was all out there at that age, I might never have been so into hip-hop

That said, I do still like some hip-hop, but as a genre it does age terribly, way more than most genres I've encountered and it's a lot harder to convince someone that old stuff is amazing outside of context, just like you'll struggle to convince someone Elvis was amazing nowadays

chronic is better though

Doggystyle better than the 3

Dre is the most important figure in Hip-Hop, only second to DJ kool herc and Grandmaster Flash (because their credited for making hip hop.)

Anyway without dre westcoast rap wouldnt exist

But east coast would still exist and it's way better than west

I'd say RZA is on Dre's level

I kinda agree. East had dominant rappers during the 90s era and even early 2000s. But now a days rap isnt as regional as it used to be and a lot of east cost artists are biting southern sounds. While i think West still has it's own aesthetic with acts like nipsey hussle and Kendrick

I think on a skill level, RZA is a better producer but no where near as influential as dre is.

Eh, I don't know about that. Wu-Tang is massive worldwide. RZA launched an empire. He produced countless classic albums :
Enter the Wu-Tang
Liquid Swords
Only Built for Cuban Linx
Return to the 36 chambers: the dirty version
Ironman
These are some of the most lauded rap albums of all time.

Replying to myself, I will admit that Dre has seemed to have more longevity than the RZA, and is more relevant today.

I'm from colombia.

grew up loving rock n roll musac, i guess it's because my dad had a michael jackson cd and i loved it as a child.

anyways i got into some hip hop when i was a teenager

i love it now, it clicked recently a lot, like, the wave of the music

i love the energy and shit. i really do. i think it's one of the most creative modern music acts. people in hip hop really trying to create something new. new sounds

i dislike the genre's focus on money and wealth and shit so much, it gets stressing after a while.