I usually don't watch the films of Wes Anderson

I usually don't watch the films of Wes Anderson.

Is this better than his other stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2014/02/06/the-grand-budapest-hotel-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's fantastic

It's better than the royal tennembaums, Steve Wissou and moonrise kingdom, it's worse than fantastic Mr fox and a lot worse than Rushmore. Take from that what you will.

yeah its pretty >!GRAND!

I liked Moonrise Kingdom but hated the Royal Tenenbaums. I can't even remember the latter much but I remember wishing it would end

One of his best.

Personally I like Life Aquatic best, but Grand Budapest is Wes Anderson's mission statement.

Gran Budapest is a great comedy

Comfy as fuck, very funny, easy to watch. It's probably a great date movie but I've never known the touch of a woman so I can't say for sure.

its absolutely brilliant, watch it under the covers with some hot chocolate.

but im biased because imho there are no bad wes andersons

IT'S TOO MUCH!

I think it's his best. But I have always found Rushmore and Tennenbaums to be massively overrated

Fuck man, that brought me dow
Just for you Im going to check if it really is a good date movie

The only bad part of the movie is the stupid chase scene that goes on for too long.

I bet you enjoy the films of the coen brothers.

It's actually much much worse than his better films like Rushmore, Life Aquatic or Royal Tenenbaums. Grand Budapest Hotel lacks the heart and sincerity of his other films, and like Moonrise Kingdom, it's simply an exercise in style.

this. it feels masturbatory in the same way django felt for tarantino. like he's just exercising his usual style without taking interesting ideas into his work.

1. royal tenembaums
2. rushmore
3. bottle rocket
POWER GAP
MK
everything else
POWER GAP
GBH

literal plebs

wanna know how I know you got into film in the last 6 years?

Fantastic Mr Fox is his best movie, fight me.

>Grand Budapest Hotel lacks the heart and sincerity of his other films, and like Moonrise Kingdom, it's simply an exercise in style.
I feel like you might have missed the main theme of the movie, GBH is basically Anderson explaining his aesthetic using the Grand Budapest as a metaphor for his films.
It's an exercise in style, but the style itself is meant to provide a counterpoint to the harsher reality of life (e.g. the pastel colors of the hotel, contrasted with the harsh greys of the military), with Gustave being shot for attempting to bring a sense of civility to the war torn area.
I'm probably explaining this terribly, but here's an article that does it better: birthmoviesdeath.com/2014/02/06/the-grand-budapest-hotel-review

Yeah, no.

Strong counterpoint

It's one of his weakest but still good.

Your argument is basically "it's shit on purpose".

it's a wes anderson movie. you know what to expect from it.

rushmore is still his best.

No my argument is that you're retarded, and don't understand the movie.
I'm not arguing quality, just that that aesthetic has a narrative purpose that you seem to be ignoring.

>le quirky extravagant le deep like metaphors and symbolismsms and stuff!xD

Kill yourself kid