Rebel Without a Cause

Just saw it for the first time. Kinda shitty. What's your opinion of it?

Watching this now What should I expect?

shitty movie my friend

get out

Sal Mineo is the biggest retard in film history in that flick desu.

ITT: people who just watched la la land

I thought it was pretty good for its time. Also, Natalie Wood a cute. Why didn't you like it, OP?

Not very good. Odd sexual tension between the daughter and father in the one scene. Has not aged well at all. Enjoy the CinemaScope though

It's shit. chick flick for broads to flick their bean to dean

Really great. Love the widescreen framing, the colour, the planetarium, how the three main characters set up a makeshift family. This is based on an almost twenty-year-old viewing on 35mm, though.

Actually saw it because Cinemark brought it back for the classic series thing. Not La La Land

>Has not aged well at all.
in what way?

overrated but good

Natalie Wood looks hot as fuck in it

Not even Dean's best flick

Giant>East of Eden>Rebel Without a Cause

Why are those tiny people staring at that giant guy's crotch?

>Boring George Stevens saga better than dynamic Nick Ray widescreen colour.

Okay, bud.

Thought none of the characters seemed real. Kinda shitty writing. James Dean and the guy that played Plato were good. All around a weird feeling movie. Can see why it's so important though. Tommy Wiseau delivered the line "Youre tearing me apart" better than James dean

The part where the 3 of them are hanging out at the conservatory feels like an anime. Super comfy.

their ascared hes gonna fuck em to death

>a la land
Watching this now What should I expect?

The characters seem fake and the story doesn't feel relevant anymore

that's a dumb criticism but okay

Why is it so good?

I didn't love it the first time I saw it, except for the last scene at the planetarium because of the fantastic tension. I liked it a lot more the second time.

I think modern critics overstate the homosexuality of Plato, which weakens the impact of the movie. It's more important to understand that Plato sees Jim as a father figure.

It's important because it came out in the 50's which really shatters the whole alt-right

>"muh 50's were perfect"

Most relateable father dynamic I've ever seen in a film

Hey Guys!

>that scene where Jim Backus is wearing an apron and Dean gets triggered

What was up with Dean hating his dad for barely any reason?

Mediocre melodrama flick

If I want some Nick Ray I would rather watch Johnny Guitar or 55 Days at Peking yet again, pal

teen angst

Jim's disgust at his cucked father is something that wouldn't be in the remake.

All I see is fry now.

>normal interaction
>everything going fine
>YYOOOU'RREEE TEEAAARRRING MEEE AAAPAAART

Who did it better, James or Tommy?

His father was a beta supreme, and he wanted a stern, authoritative figure, someone to scold him when he acts out, and to show him what to do. That's why he acts so recklessly at times, to try and goat his father into turning into that man, but he never does

>implying it was not a superior state for the country...

>coming of age movie
>Plato fucking shoots someone because they were bullying his friend
>Plato gets shot by the police and fucking dies

>be rebel
>have a cause

you retards realize he's still alive right?

It's a movie about a whiny alienated little bitch who didn't have to live through the great depression or WWII and couldn't appreciate the life he had because he was a beta faggot!!!FACT!!!

>Dean gets called a chicken
>he gets triggered and tries to stab the other kid because of it

God if I ever get that old somebody please kill me in my sleep.

But if Dean is a teenager in the movie, his character would have been born in the late 30s.

it was a different time

I liked it

Granted it looks good. Badly dated characters though. "Rebel" now just seems like a whiny child.

>the story doesn't feel relevant anymore
Neither do 80% of movies made decades ago but they're still great

"Rebels" today are just whiny children.

Lol you're the only one here whining m8

Saw it in English Class once. Thought it ok not great. The fact that the teacher had suck a hard on for it might have effected my opinion abit.

>suck a hard on

Freud.png

I didn't hate Giant but there's no way that shit held up better than Rebel without a cause

If you take it in context from the 50s or w/e it came out. It is a good movie for teens to relate to. You have angst and nobody really understands you, your family wants to put rules on you that you don't understand why, you find friends who understand you, bullies wanna fuck with you for being you.
Its basically Breakfast club before breakfast club.

Was it a Rebel without a Cause reference?

Very dated

Reddit as fuck in this thread. Why don't all of you go back to watching something more your speed, like Deadpool?

Its on my to watch list but I can't find a decent torrent

Every year I get drunk and watch Rebel Without A Cause.
Great movie.