Why is there no movie of this yet?

Why is there no movie of this yet?

Fuck that give me Malazan over WoT

There's a TV series being made. There was one about to be made a while ago but it was kind of bad.

Also this series is way too long to condense into 2 hours... and added to that people aren't into edgy shit anymore as much. The MC of this series gets real edgy you can't deny that.

Why is there movie of this yet?

>Also this series is way too long to condense into 2 hours
Wrong, see those Harry Potter movies, the series is over and the movies don't stop coming

>people aren't into edgy shit anymore as much
normies fucking love the edge in game of thrones to the point where it's become a detriment to the series

>muh genre trash
its faggots like you that keep disney afloat

That TV series was just introduced with a cheap pilot to evergreen the content rights in the eye of the law

why is Lan dressed like a samurai

A lot of this series was based off eastern culture. That's the original cover art.

reading the second book RIGHT NOW

Rand just lost the horn and dagger

There is no possible way you could ever even hope to film that. Seriously think about that for a second.

Imagine trying to film Severian's duel with the avern branch and not have it look ridiculous.

1) Harriet McDougal sounds like she's hard to work with.

2) There's way too much subject material to go through.

3) There's no room for the SJW agenda.

Isn't the heron marked sword actually a katana too?

These books are awful, and you should seriously question your intelligence if you unironically enjoy them.

I enjoyed them way back in highschool.

wait until he fucks up even more and gets the whole party stuck in a time portal where they live thousands of lives for several months.

no one can be fucked reading it again to get the source material right

I always thought Magician would be easier to adapt to film or television

Intelligent people can enjoy unintelligent media. Why would a neurological scientist care about symbolism in media? You are spouting expired memes bro. Maybe lurk more so you can understand what's funny nowadays.

Heron marked blades are spread across every culture of that world, so probably not all of them are Katanas. Eg seanchan heron blade in the second book, the white cloak heron blade, and etc. My impression was that they are merely well made swords made for master swordsmen as a status symbol to make people fear them.

There already was a show about constant braid tugging, skirt straightening and bitchy dykes talking nonsense.

I thought they only experienced it for a little while... I like the idea of them just spending months on end like that though.

>The MC of this series gets real edgy
If anything the edginess is all Aes Sedai.

Not that I think a fantasy show about "muh gender wars" where the supposed heroines are bigger antagonists than the actual Ancient Evil would ever fly in Hollywood.

>It's a Rand comes up with a solution to a problem that's been plaguing the world for 3000 years off screen episode

>it's a Fain jobs in two sentences episode

>it's a sword fighting powerlevel episode (Lan > Demandred > Galad > Gawyn)

>It's a Mat is the only consistently pleasant character in the entire series episode
>It's a Perrin yiffs around when things were just getting to the good part let's skim a couple of chapters oh god dammit fucking egwene now too skim some more episode
>It's a bitchy women get their way because Jordan's wife was the editor after volume 4 episode
>It's a Asha'man gets foreshadowed and dragged out to hell and back followed by Jordan doing absolutely nothing interesting with them
>It's a Rand is utterly off his rockers insane just a few short steps off going full genocide on everybody yet still comes across as more sane than every female character in the series barring possibly Min

>it's a wolf dream dbz fight episode

>it's a magical woman falls in love but is too tough to show it desu episode

>it's a crazy lucky scoundrel sees crazy shit and does cool things by pulling past life experiences out of his ass episode

This would be a cool series.

>It's a stern old lady episode

Nolan can do it.
Baleman as Severian
Cotillard as Agia
CIA as Dr. Talos
Hardy as Baldanders

i own the first book in this series but ive never read it. is it worth it?

>Malazan

You mean the Black Company

I don't want a series or movie because it will miss out on the two most important things: retardedly gory violence and massive breasts being heaved around constantly.

It won't have any nudity unless it's done on HBO or something, and that won't happen so long as they have GoT to whore off.

>It's an egwene gets spanked until she cries episode

>it's a Jordan spends half a chapter talking about Aes Sedai pillowfriends

>It's a seanchan compels her aes sedai slave to lick her feet episode

I don't think I'm ready lads

>it's a forsaken hosts a giant orgy and wears see-through clothing episode

>it's a busty milf queen makes a main character wear pink bows and fuck her up the ass for the entire night episode

>it's an entire village is slaughtered by being eaten by trollocs episodes

WoT can be way more grotesque than GoT, but they get embarrassed by saying "blood and bloody ashes."

If you're hot and don't wear a lot of clothes it's ok to be bitchy all the time.

NO probably not.

I probably could have been pounding a lot more pussy if I wasn't reading about wizards all the time.

Read the first book and then decide. If his style of writing doesn't make you want to scream in retarded frustration at how slow it is the you might like the series. It's like lord of the Rings but nothing happens in books 5 6 7 8 and 9.

Logistics mostly
Theres no way to portay channelling in a satisfactory way
Theres no way to make it a tv show (or completely inadequate movie series) without it sucking decades from actors who may want to do something else with their lives
It will be a huge investment that will probably miss the mark- wheel of time isnt as accesible as pleb tier game of shit and will probably not be appealing to fans of the series

some ill shit happens in 6. I then skipped until 11 at recommendation

They didn't condense the entire Harry Potter series into 2 hours you retard. The only reason they even made that many movies was because it was successful.

I think this series would look great animated. I always thought of channeling looking like this. It would be fairly easy to do with special effects I think. Plus the first portion of the series has only a little bit of channeling in it. I think the ramp up would teach any audience about it properly.

You missed some ill shit dude.

I read them all and it was cool but the time sink wasn't worth it.

If they could abridge this series so I don't have to read about sniffing so much I would be pretty happy.

Robert Jordan and terry goodkind, if working in tandem, could've totally revolutionized the dominatrix genre of erotic fiction

Everyone would just call it a LotR and Star Wars ripoff, which is kind of is. Aes Sedai structure is really similar to the Jedi.

Because it's shit for basement dwelling aspies.

Real question is when do we get the epic miniseries adaption of this?

>half the series is about women doing absolutely nothing useful
>no room for sjw agenda

The whole book is sjw agenda tho

This. Everyone I know who loves WoT is a mouth breather.

Oh yeah if it was animated it would be incredible
Wont happen though

I thought Aes Sedai were a ripoff of Bene Gesserit.

But yeah the magic system is pretty much a complete ripoff of the force. The shit seemed like something a retarded sugar addict 12 year old would dictate to an adult sitting at a typewriter.

because it's overly-long meme garbage marketed to teenage boys who want to bring the biggest book into class so they look smart when in reality it's ~15 books of idling and doing nothing of note

I think this would work much better as an animated epic fantasy series.

Brandon Sanderson is like Robert Jordan if Jordan wasn't a massive hack.

Cant say i agree with this, i thought it was quite a rewarding read. The slow pace has encouraged me to read more time consuming non-fantasy fiction and philosophy, and also introduced me to Brandon Sanderson's work, which is actually really good.
Jordan was a really good writer and theres a lot of thematic exploration throughout his books
The characters are acually likeable too which is a welcome change from the unlikable cunts littering ASOIAF

>if Jordan wasn't a massive hack.
His writing is all over the place, and not in a good way.

if you dont read them in your early teens, i understand why you wouldnt enjoy them

its like harry potter, you will see plenty of middle aged parents "loving the potter books" in a decade

How is it in anyway a ripoff of the force or childish?
The aes sedai are basically jedi but their magic isnt similar at all
>there are good channellers and bad channellers, ie jedi and sith, but the magic system makes no distinction between the two, only between genders, which is a much smaller difference
>magic system is based on using threads of different elements to create spells, nothing like the unexplained nonsense that is force useage
>channelling is itself an unlimited source of potenial, it is essentially a science, encourages development and innovation. The force is incredibly limited to a small number of abilities- ie enhancing ones body or applying kinetic (or electric) force on the users surroundings
>channelling is an exact science requiring several years to learn even the most basic applications for. It has rules and boundaries. The force is some arbitrary super being with supposed infinite potential (but also sort of not) that can be used with extremely unclear applications. Oh yeah, you also have to be at the extemes of a pattern of behavior for it to grant you use of certain abilities
Channelling is one of the best thought out magic systems there is, and the force is metaphor thought up for an adventure movie
Youre a retard

Will there ever be good film adaptations of this?

Yeah, don't know how he extrapolated the magic systems, just that the two orders have a centralized location, venture out across the land to seek out new acolytes for their order, and act as mediators and as warriors when needed.

I just want an animated Stormlight Archive series that's an anime in every way except the art style

Enjoy 3D modeling

I mean general Aes Sedai attitude aside, but they are mostly arrogant to pretty much everyone and they almost always get their comeuppance.

The DBZ shit with Demandred annoyed the hell out of me.

Especially since Sanderson pulled Demandred's identity out of his ass because he was upset people had guessed it was Mazrim Taim a decade earlier.

>sniff

>exposes ample cleavage
>neglects to mention that big areolas are common in Randland
>areolaslip happens

Shit, son.

Perhaps I should start reading this series after all.

yea the Demandred thing was gay. I am glad that someone was able to finish the series, and that we got to see how it ends. Sanderson just wasnt up to the task, he tried, but it just wasnt the same. Im glad to know what happens, even if I didnt get to read Jordans version of it.

Nynaeve tugged her braid also I just Balefired reality so hard I'm the best evar hahaha

No one wants a movie of your feminist dystopia Tolkien ripoff.

Because they'd ruin it and my dad would beat me it would piss him off so much

>CIA as Dr. Talos
>Hardy as Baldanders

>Jean Grey
>Emma Frost
>Kitty Pryde