Films you should have seen by now, but didn't for some reason

Films you should have seen by now, but didn't for some reason.

But you promise you will

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PuyYc0gINbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you posted it

The Assassination of the Outlaw Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Shawshank Redemption

Any of the ghostbusters

2001 a space odyssey

OP's and Godfather's. Citizen Kane and any other massively acclaimed old movie

Stalker

The Seventh Seal. Keep telling myself to and never get around to it,

Tokyo Story

Godfather films.

You posted it.

its very good and quite a bit funnier than you're expecting

Yeah, I didn't watch the Godfathers too. Never got into the whole italian mafia thing.

another for godfather films

If you're not into very slow philosophical camerawork (which was awesome by the way), I'd recommend the book it's loosely based on. It's a quick read.

Is it worth it or just a meme?

I haven't seen any of the Rocky films.

just watched this yesterday and didn't enjoy it at all

seven samurai

you wont regret it

you might regret it (depending on your tastes)

nah

Seven Samurai.

Godfather was a letdown for me. The plot slowed down immensely about halfway through the movie and stupid plot points started piling up. Haven't gotten to the other two movies.

good for you

Brazil

Indiana jones trilogy

fuck off

one of the best films ive ever seen

Pretty much most of them. Think of any famous, critically acclaimed film, I probably haven't seen it yet.

i would like to read something about this movie, i don't think i understood it completely

>trilogy

I've never watched Citizen Kane, and I haven't yet finished Stalker snd Birth of a Nation.

These

There Will Be Blood
The Thing
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Pretty much any movie considered good made in the last 7 years

Honestly did not like it very much. Music is far too loud and too omnipresent, which detracts from an otherwise pretty good film.

Very very good.

I love The Godfather but really don't like Parts 2 and 3 because Michael is an insufferable prick. Citizen Kane is very good (not memeing, it really is).

Stalker is amazing. It's very slow and very metaphysical but damn is it good. The scenery is godlike.

It's again another super good film with a crazy photography.

Watch them, they're great fun and genuinely well made.

Sicario

The ending *might* disappoint you, but otherwise it's a great film.
Visually, it reminds me of the Fallout US before the bombs (the main character drives one of those mini cars you see in FO4)

>that long title

Oldfag here.

Once, for birthday/christmas, shortly after B&N started stocking the Criterion Collection, I expressly requested The Bicycle Thief, or Bicycle Thieves, from my parents, which they promptly gifted me. I watched like the first half-hour or so once or twice, but for whatever reason, I never completed the film.

I have owned the DVD for about 8-10 years, and to this very day I have never watched the movie all the way through.

Citizen Kane
No Country for Old Men
The Big Lebowski
The Dark Knight Rises
Jaws
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers

>Godfather

Soo... just the first one then? Some day?

>There Will Be Blood
7/10. Well shot, great acting, but the story itself is kinda boring at times.
>The Thing
Gotta see this one.
>The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
9/10. The hype around it is deserved. It's 3 hours long but it's worth it.

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>The Avengers
you can safely skip these

If you enjoy jew propaganda then you'll love these gems

Never seen There Will Be Blood. The Thing is one of the creepiest films out there. It's just fookin' amazing and well worth a watch. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is just perfection, my favorite western with The Wild Bunch. The whole Dollars trilogy is well worth it even if you aren't into westerns (like me).

>tfw growing up didnt watch a lot of movies

Mostly watched kid movies and family comedies.

I feel so overwhelmed when I see the sheer amount of supposedly great popular movies I should have already seen.
I havent seen 99% of the movies that were posted ITT

>No Country for Old Men

Must fucking watch.

Same, but then I went through a movie watching phase in grad school. Like seriously almost 3 movies a day for a year and a half. Then I pretty much stopped again.

nothing to regret about watching a film, good or bad.
except suicide squad I regretted that immensely

The movie to me was about honor and bravery. You have two characters in constant contrast, Affleck and Pitt.

The Princess Bride.

What's not to get?

It's alright. Not as great as people say it is.

Just watched it a few hours ago. Nothing special unless you're 10

It's a decent movie. Lots of cheesy stuff, true love, catchphrases and oddly polite adversaries.

>There Will Be Blood
>Apocalypse Now
and this

well, yeah, that's about it
it's usually compared with No Country for Old Men here, but I think it has much more significance and there is more ways to interpretate what happened in the film. In this one, it's just, well, what you said, there is a contrast, nice cinematography, good character development, but I just don't know, I didn't enjoy it as much. I mean, it is a solid movie but it's way too long and I don't think the central theme is the one that can be deeply developed. Dialogue is just ok imo.

Honestly not that great. Was underwhelmed as hell.

You guys should try watching a movie every other day or so. In the past week I've watched an american werewolf in london, spotlight, and silence in addition to patriots day and split in theatres.

Citizen Kane
Big Lebowski
Seven Samurai
Dirty Harry
Lars Von Trier films
Lethal Weapon
True lies
The Raid
Brazil
And more

robocop
the birds

Harder to do that with a story that actually happened though

Jurassic Park
The Terminator

I can do that when I'm on a movie kick (hell, I once had a span of 2 weeks or so where I was watching at least 2-3 movies a day), but otherwise, I find it really hard to force myself to actually sit down and watch a movie.

Mulholland Drive
2001 A Space Odyssey (I own it)
Once Upon A Time in America (own it too)
Anything by Kurosawa
Citizen Kane

1 and 2 are some of the greatest films ever made, 3 is a shit Godfather film but an entertaining gangster film.

All of them are good except for 5, but 1 is a legit masterpiece.

Watch 1-3 and skip 4

Watch all 3 of those my dude

No Country, Jaws and the Big Lebowski are fantastic.
Only watch the first 10 minutes of TDKR.

>Jurassic Park
DO IT

Pretty much what everyone else said, underwhelming with all the hype but it's still a fun movie.

citizen kane
dr strangelove
jaws
godfather
starship troopers
any ghostbusters film
any back to the future film
any rocky film
schindlers list

>Seven Samurai
Watched some 45min of it a few days after seeing the magnificent seven in theater. Something came up that day and I had to pause it. Haven't finished since. Thanks for reminding me.

> any back to the future film
Part 2 is the best one, the others are kinda by the numbers.

Watch all of those but stick with just Ghostbusters 1

Try Jewish mafia. Pure kino. Make sure you take a break in the intermission or your buttcrack will fade.

Anything from the 50s and older, aside for some buster keaton.

Both are must sees, you won't be disappointed

I loved Godfather, will I enjoy this?
When I was like 13-14, I started really enjoying gangster movies, so I watched Godfather trilogy, Goodfellas and some others and really enjoyed all of those; OUATIA, however, I didn't like at all, didn't even finish watching it. Is it good?

Don't watch B2tF in sequence. The plot is pretty much the same thing in a different period.
They did nail it in the second movie (I think) with all the things right about the future.

Tjats not a movie name

Made me laugh.
Will do, user, will do.

It's fantastic. It's long though, so you'll have to set aside a time for it to truly enjoy it

Grave of the Fireflies

Massive Ghibli fan but somehow, I've never got around to actually watching it.

Didn't watch it yet. Watched Totoro only recently (not that big on anime tbqh)

I did download Jin Ro the Wolf Brigade tho, looked promising. (i know it's not ghibli but it's still a leap for me in that direction)

The Godfather is my favourite movie, but Once upon a time in America is a very close second.

They are both about mafia but they have a different feel. The Godfather is more about family. To me OUATIA is more about nostalgia, about "the lost time". I have a huge hard on for that topic since I'm very melancholic myself. Maybe this is why you didn't enjoy it at 15, you have to be a bit older to feel nostalgia of your youth.

The plot is interesting, the acting superb and the pace of the movie is pretty good. They mess a lot with time, but it is not sloppy. I also feel that the "epoch" scenes were very well done.

The music is GOD TIER, made by Ennio Morricone (the same guy that makes music for the Good the bad and the Ugly and Lolita), and very apt for the feels of the movie.

youtu.be/PuyYc0gINbU

Loli Jennifer Conelly and Elizabeth McGovern in her prime are a good bonus.

The Godfather films (1 and 2 im staying away from 3)
Scarface
Baby's Day Out
Citizen Kane

>The music is GOD TIER, made by Ennio Morricone
wow, didn't know that, might watch this movie today. tGtBatU is one of my favorite films along with the Godfather

I have an IMDB watchlist with over 400 movies I need to watch.

My Letterboxd Watchlist has 440+ movies on it.

you are like babies. i didnt watch a single movie in my whole life

I watched it when I was 16 and loved it. Get a move on, user!!!

wut

Come again?

Loved the hell out of Lock, Stock and Snatch, but could never bring myself to see this one. Felt like a by-the-numbers Ritchie film.

>it's a dirty foreigner tries to communicate in English episode

>Felt like a by-the-numbers Ritchie film.
I agree, with Snatch he tried to one-up himself, with this he just tried to do something equally good, but it's just not as good, the characters are not likeable and the story is shit

Blade Runner
Trainspotting
Barry Lyndon
Raging Bull
Taxi Driver
Gone with the Wind

That film, all of Tarkovsky's films, Terminator 2-4 and a good portion of the Best Picture winners I still haven't seen.

Don't even go beyond T2. It's really not worth it.

>Baby's Day Out
Lmao, i remember watching this and Home Alone nearly every christmas as a kid. Its fun to watch with family thanks to its slapsticky comedy style.

Hellboy
Starship Troopers
The Goodfellas
2001: A Space Odyssey
Apocalypto
Passion of the Christ (only watch the first half as a kid/teen)

the wolf brigade is fucking amazing
great subtle directing that often gets overshadowed by all the wolf metaphors

animation quality is godly

I put this movie off for so long and kicked myself for not watching it earlier. If you liked Taxi Driver, you'll like this movie. Classic.

I'll be honest, I couldn't get through it.