Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdtWFQNWBXg
youtube.com/watch?v=qiNRO5H3AfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It always has been

Your post = the flick anime

Daily reminder

yes

No. Even the so-called "great" anime series like Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion do not so much as graze the aesthetic and philosophical heights of cinema and literature. It's a trash genre made for East Asian teenagers and white manchildren with short attention spans, don't waste your time

It never has and never will be because no one is as good as creating art as Europeans.

Even the greatest anime movies (Princess Mononoke, Akira, etc.) shrivel in the radiance of Disney cartoons.

slut

Film has a long way to go, their women are way behind anime girls.

Cherrypicking faggot

this is a stupid question and anyone who believes one medium is inherently or wholly better than the other is a fucking retard

This. Except for the one exception that anime is inherently worse than every other medium.

>taking inspiration from other directors is "stealing"
I guess Darron Aronofsky has been stealing from Satoshi Kon his entire career then
>comparing art films to a cartoon intended for 14 year old boys
Cherrypick harder. This'd be like comparing Angel's Egg to Transformers

contrary to whatever beliefs you might hold, there's more to anime than Kyoanishit and Makoto Shinkai

No, but it is massively better than western TV

Those digits don't lie

This.

I've seen Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, Your Name, Akira...

Listen: they are not complete shit, but they are certainly not among the great cinematic achievements of our age either. To put it mildly.

I get that this board is hosted by anime-friendly folks, but facts are facts.

>now
this

>ive seen babbys first anime starter pack
>guys no anime can ever be as good as a film
Watch Jin-Roh, Ghost in the Shell, or literally any Anno

i like anime for the deep themes and visual artistry

I come for the guys

>implying Ghost in the Shell isn't a part of babby's first anime starter pack

What you don't seem to grasp is that what you call "babbys first anime starter pack" is literally as good as it gets.

Sorry, but your super-secret underground Japanese cartoons do not rise to the level of genuine cinematic excellence.

Anything that isn't flavour of the month moeshit is "anime starter pack" to you cunts

I prefer japanese music over anime, desu.
Not this one in particular, tho.

Too bad Kizuonogatari alone is more stylistically innovative and playful than almost any film in the last half decade.
youtube.com/watch?v=OdtWFQNWBXg

Heck I can't even remember the last time I saw a film in theaters use contrapuntal sound, let alone a mainstream production like Kizumonogatari.

Naoki Urasawa's Monster definitely is

>I guess Darron Aronofsky has been stealing from Satoshi Kon his entire career then
>Literally being enough of a scumbag kike to buy the rights to a film so you can rip it off endlessly without legal reprecussion

>ANIME IS JUST A CHEAP RIPOFF OF FILM HURRRR

>visit Sup Forums
>the OP for every single image is an anime girl
lmao

>Miyazaki and Shinkai
>as good as it gets
you are literally retarded

>heir

Recommend me some good comedy anime please

Perfect Blue (1998)
Requiem For a Dream(2001)

they don't exist

Why wasn't he honest about Black Swan being a remake of this?

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

GET THIS Sup ForumsEDDIT SHIT OFF Sup Forums

Ghost Stories english dub

back to Sup Forumseddit op

Says the autist who LITERALLY watches cartoons regularly.

Where are the mods

Osomatsu-san, Sakamoto desu ga, and Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan.

All great gag shows from the past year.

we can find a middle ground user

nice backpedal after you realize you literally have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You spouted the equivalent of me declaring that the Avengers and Arrival were all that film has to offer.

Most people understand that cartoons are for children.

Sorry if that it too abstract a concept for the likes of you, virgin.

>muh animation age ghetto
Ever heard of South Park? Home Movies? Even in the west there's cartoons produced for adults. You're only making it easier to point out how ridiculously ignorant you are.

kino

You don't speak Japanese and won't get Japanese humour.
It's like asking for top Saudi comedians

WEEBS BTFO

But I DO speak Japanese.

Let me prove it:

Domo arigato misuta robotto.

See?

>he's a pleb who only knows entry level

LOL

B-BAKANA

Detroit Metal City
Cromartie High
Ouran Host Club
Great Teacher Onizuka
Azumanga Daioh
Panty & Stocking

The problem is that asians lack emotion and art without emotion is empty

Should their societies get enriched by melinined royalty?

I heard they were very emotional people.

youtube.com/watch?v=qiNRO5H3AfI

Saved to check out later

Imagine being a person with actual taste in that board and having to be all like "damn, Sup Forums, you fuckin' fine, all on-topic with your moeshit and current season discussion. I would totally spend time here, both as user and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch another classic series. Like seriously imagine having to be a person with taste and not only refresh that board while Sup Forumsutists flaunt their disgusting MAL profiles in front of you, the thousands of series barely concealing their lack of taste and preference for sophomoric crap, and just sit there, refresh after refresh, hour after hour, while they kept circlejerking. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking taste but their haughty attitude as everyone in that board tells them they STILL GOT IT and DAMN, Sup Forums POSTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their sweaty fucking hands contort into types of shitposts you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been watching nothing but a healthy diet of classics and later alleged cult series for your ENTIRE POST HISTORY coming straight out of tokyotosho. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on their dimpled stomach as they pretend to be little girls, replying suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in their "on topic (for that is what they call it)" waifu discussion, the waifu they worked so hard for watching thousands upon thousands of shit in the previous months. And then someone starts another thread, and you know you could kill every single person in this board before the FBI could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're a person with actual taste. You're not going to lose your temper over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Anime is shit you fucking faggot.

What's the title of the left?

Stupidest thread of the day
And there's been alot

the sad thing is that this isn't even a joke
someone actually made this and agreed with the sentiment

lmao

is this pasta?

10/10

Thanks for revealing yourself, Sup Forumseddit.

it's pretty pleb taste, user.

it's the equivalent of a 3x3 that's all Sup Forums-core or the most entry level indie movies directed by Wes Anderson and Aronofsky. none of those shows are "bad" per se, but most people have seen them, moved on, and don't want to talk about them for the upteenth time you faggot.

>none of those shows are "bad" per se
oh wait didn't see OPM nvm.

>the only shows deserving of being someone's favorite are unpopular ones
Really logical and mentally sound thinking. You said like you feel really smart for saying something like that too, which is sad.

DAMN, Sup Forums POSTS LIKE *THAT*?

One thing I've noticed -- sorry it this is too obvious -- is that animated "movies" are for children only, whether we're talking about Japanese "anime" or some Pixar nonsense.

I get it that there are people here who live in their mom's basement who will throw a tantrum if you don't appreciate their particular style of cartoons. But anyway.... so be it.

Entry level, perhaps. But pleb? Certainly not Ghost in the Shell. We're 20 years since its release and still aren't taking its notions to heart. I mean fuck that it's a beautiful film, I'm talking about the ideas it puts forth.

Imagine being a person with actual taste in that board and having to be all like "damn, Sup Forums, you fuckin' fine, all on-topic with your moeshit and current season discussion. I would totally spend time here, both as user and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch another classic series. Like seriously imagine having to be a person with taste and not only refresh that board while Sup Forumsutists flaunt their disgusting MAL profiles in front of you, the thousands of series barely concealing their lack of taste and preference for sophomoric crap, and just sit there, refresh after refresh, hour after hour, while they kept circlejerking. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking taste but their haughty attitude as everyone in that board tells them they STILL GOT IT and DAMN, Sup Forums POSTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their sweaty fucking hands contort into types of shitposts you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been watching nothing but a healthy diet of classics and later alleged cult series for your ENTIRE POST HISTORY coming straight out of tokyotosho. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on their dimpled stomach as they pretend to be little girls, replying suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in their "on topic (for that is what they call it)" waifu discussion, the waifu they worked so hard for watching thousands upon thousands of shit in the previous months. And then someone starts another thread, and you know you could kill every single person in this board before the FBI could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're a person with actual taste. You're not going to lose your temper over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

no, but the only shows worth putting on a 3x3 or favorites chart are ones that would generate a conversation you haven't had 100 times.

>he hasn't seen Bill Plympton or Don Hertzfeldt.
it's time to stop posting.

Have you never read the Arnold pasta before?

i fucking hate anime and the right one sounds better

>no, but the only shows worth putting on a 3x3 or favorites chart are ones that would generate a conversation you haven't had 100 times.
It's not a fucking "conversation square". It's a personal favorites list. Are you fucking stupid?

You don't decide what your favorite things are by how many replies you'll get when you post it.

Fuck off back to /r/eddit

But user that's what everyone lives for. Validation.

>Don Hertzfeldt

Are you Don?

I saw it and I wasn't impressed. Sorry.

>You don't decide what your favorite things are by how many replies you'll get when you post it.
Pfffffffttttttttt. You are either a liar or incredibly naive.

Why is that a naive notion? Because other people are desperate for validation?

So being a normal person who doesn't need anonymous internent cartoon and movie watchers to tell me how much they agree with me and how awesome I am is "naive"?

because he's an Sup Forumsutist with delusions of grandeur because he has over a thousand pieces of shit in his MAL profile.

well I'd rather have a conversation than advertise my shit taste because i'm not a fucking narcissist and this isn't fucking Facebook.

i mean there are definitely things that would continue to be my favorites even though they're popular and i've exhausted all conversation about them, but very few things are that good, and none of them are on that chart.

>I saw it
>2 decade career
What did you see user.

>implying 3x3's aren't for validation from others

You obviously haven't been here long. Go back to where you came from.

>Sup Forums in charge of having self awareness

Anime is good for blocking out reality for a while. If you're feeling sad or depressed just put on some silly anime like klk, wakfu, avatar, or monster musume marathon it and forget about you problems. It's just a quaint little escape.

film however is an actual art form. What to challenge your mind? See the world through the eyes of others? There are films for that. Hell there are even films made for drooling retards like Transformers.

Anime is cute and escapism. Film is provocative art.

>and none of them are on that chart.

Again, GiTS is still very much worthy of conversation.

>Sup Forumsutist in charge of not being autistic and pedantic over cartoons

I think you've simply been here too long if you actually have to fake 3x3s on an anonymous message board to give your life meaning

ironic

Seriously guys, of all boards on Sup Forums, Sup Forums has the least right to mock others. The catalog on Sup Forums don't look any better and despite the claims about anime being juvenile, the more active threads are about capeshit. Mocking Sup Forums is basically pot calling kettle black.

source on the bottom left pic?

Akira pleb tier.

get the fuck out of here.

sauce?
and hurry up
this thread's getting saged any minute now

Yes
Much like TV has surpassed film too

Hour and a half is too little for anything to be built on. Multiple movies dont count because youll spend 2 movies building everything up

I am not "Sup Forums". I am one of millions of users on this here fine webzone. You have no argument.

I THINK it's manyuu hikenchou, but I've never actually seen it so I might be wrong.

What's wrong with AKIRA? It's a great piece examining post-war attitudes reflective of Japan post WWII, along with light commentary on the ailments of rapid and unchecked globalization and its affect on youths.

>TV has surpassed film
In your dreams, cocklover.

i dont get this " Sup Forums has great taste" meme
Sup Forums is literally pathetic moeshit and girl discussion from top to bottom