I finally saw the Pope's address in episode two...

I finally saw the Pope's address in episode two. Can someone tell me why he tismed out so hard when he got flashed by a laser pointer?

>literally pope, god's voice on earth
>pleb lasers you
honestly surprised he didn't smite him right then and there

I don't know. His character is inconsistent and makes no sense.

It keeps the character human. He's trying to put on a big show, keeping himself hidden in the shadows as a visual spectacle, and a symbol of the direction he wants to take the Church - less focus on individualism, more focus on unified worship of God.

But when the kid hits him with the laser pointer, you see that he's ALSO giving the speech from the shadows because he's like a scared little kid with stage fright, and internally he's probably terrified that people won't take him seriously, or that he won't be able to live up to people's expectations of a Pope.

It kind of ties in with the way he's been acting through the series so far. He dragged his heels and delayed the homily to show everyone that HE sets the schedule, but also because he doesn't feel ready and he's shitting himself

He was trying to act mysterious and the laser ruins it

Now I'm watching episode 3. "We give God weight." Kino af, daaamn

Everyone smokes in this show, it's so comfy. I can't marathon an episode without taking a break to go light up a cigarette.

>tfw you've been drinking and have smoked all your cigs
>about to start watching ep 3&4

life is suffering

He's hyper conservative in order to compensate for his own doubts. His character makes perfect sense

Game of thrones might be more your speed, famalam.

Nice digits btw.

Maybe if there was a little more development than "my parents ran away so now I have to be cryptic and sinister for no real reason." I mean, does this guy believe in God or not? Does he have an agenda or will he just keep saying "Later" to every fucking thing he has to do until the end of his papacy?

We're 3 episodes in you fuck. We're at the beginning of his arc

*walks towards you*

I love how you can tell that this post was written by a woman

Hit the nail on the head. More posts like this around here would he nice

The Lord has blessed this thread

he has a crisis of faith and uses the conservatism as a mask. just watch the fucking show

>"The main characters motives and beliefs aren't made clear in the first 2 episodes! how am I supposed to understand anything!"
This was almost certainly a roastie.

I'm just saying we don't know ANYTHING about the main character of the fucking show. It's annoying.

>tfw never EVER had a gf

More papal tracksuit pls

/fa/ af

We know that he's upset that his parents left him so young, and that he wants to impart the suffering he felt from the absence of both his parents and God by making a Church that's just as unreachable and mysterious as his parents are to him.

>Incapable of understanding and enjoying a well-written, beautifully shot and scored journey of conflicted mans ascension to the papacy because his character wasn't instantly explained and drawn out in 15 minutes.

i fucking laugh every time he does that shit. hes never discreet about it at all.

This show would have been great if they replaced Jude Law and Diane Keaton with better actors. Jude Law looks great in the role, but overacts it way too much. It kills me sometimes. I have no idea what Diane Keaton is doing there, she's terrible.

Lol same. "It's time for the Pope's snack" fucking KILLED me

Was it postkino?

How did this Italian drama end up being not just the best show of the year, but the funniest?

lol wtf. i avoided this show becasue i hate jude laws face, but if theres more silly shit like that i might pick it up

>be the Pope
>wear cool clothes
>end any conversation with the push of a button, no questions asked
Seems like a good deal

Tracksuits are Orthodox

Only Adidas tracksuits tho.

>QT Prime Ministers all want your holy scepter inside them
>Can verbally BTFO defiant monks and they just have to deal with it
>Unlimited Cherry coke zero

We're learning about him at the same pace as the rest of the world gets to know him. They're trying to actually build an experience, and replicate the surprise people would feel at having such a dramatic, fundamentalist, unknown new Pope. If they just dumped all their exposition right in the first episode, they would kill the tension and suspense of their main storyline, which is trying to figure out what kind of person Lenny is, what he really wants, and what he's going to do with his power. I don't know if you deserve this show, you stupid bitch

>but overacts it way too much

I think it's fair to have an overdramatic theatrical twist to the character really

>direct phone line to God
>tfw God screens your calls and never texts back

Why does the pope smoke? It's a sin

I didn't say I don't enjoy the show.

I started watching the show cause this is what /tv was sperging on about when it first started airing overseas.
But as of right now it seems more like he's just a vindictive asshole as James Cromwell said in the coming up.

Also the Kangaroo better fuck someone up.

blasphemous/10
the whole point of this show is to make the church look evil

>we're 3 episodes in
t. americuck

It really isn't though. The Vatican is just a setting that fits the theme. The show is a character study and a reflection on faith.

this guy is a fucking douchebag though
15 minutes into the first episode and he's making nuns cry.
this isn't some sophisticated reflection on faith it's just another hit piece against the church.

>Vicar of Christ
>Living Conduit to God
>Bishop of Rome
>Successor of the Prince of Apostles
>Random nun that I have known for 5 minutes walks up and starts pinching my cheeks and treating me like I'm five
>She has done this to the last few popes under her care
Yeah, no idea why he was such a dick to that nun.

Wait till the end.
There is a method in his madness.

please distribute this higher-quality image instead of the one you have just posted

He acts the same way with Sister Mary, who is his surrogate mother... Know mortal will have a persuasive hold over him, nor will their kindness be allowed to take root into his decisions.

Technically it is, practically it isn't

>you'll never see fundamentalist catholicism return to europe
>you'll never give the heretics the choice of convert or get beaten
feels bad man

He acts like a kid. That's the whole point.

How did they get in?

They believed.

Vatican's keymaker made a key for them

Ya letting child pedos run everything is great

Kys

Do all catholic priests have hot threesomes with their congregation?

>there are no protestants pedophiles
hmmm

yes, join our cause

the show is full of little moments like that

Anyone can invade your house if you live in Naples

So what do you think the pope squad did to that sheep shagger?

>No sweet Catholic girl will ever donate her beauty to you

I'm running out of reasons to live.

my sensible guess is they simply threatened him into a monetary compensation

You have to watch till the end, and he was absolutely right to admonish that nun.

>sweet catholic girl
>fucked a priest and cuckholded her husband
>tried to seduce the fucking Pope
>God sees fit to grant her a child despite being her being a deeply twisted sinner

shit storyline glad it ended.

> walk in office
> see this
wat do?

so, tonight, americans will get episode 4, where there's the cute greenlander prime minister dancing? Lucky them

w2c

I really like the dynamic relationship between Lenny and Voiello after they cut all the bullshit between them.

what the hell, the entire first season is over?

He was a Sardinian sheep shagger, which is even worse than Naples

Start sweating profusely

>DUDE lol get this he is the pope....but young. We will call this show....the young pope.
Fucking lazy kykes

shit bait

Check my trips btw

In my head canon, sweet sister Mary got VOIELLO'D hard before she left.

Fucking retard.

protestantism is the faithless, lazy man's christiantiy

Christianity is the lazy, watered down version of Zoroastrianism

LONDON
o
n
d
o
n

WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD MOTHERFUCKER

Destroy it.

Cause he is not a Peronist commie like the catastrophe we have in the Holy See right now.

Fuckin fullkit wanker

He is a man of mystery.

its just airing in the us now although i pirated it like a month ago

goddamn she looks old, she was still cute like a decade ago

>Maradona is on drugs
>BLASPHEMY
Voiello is based even if he is a full kit wanker.

>there's a bag on her head
human nature never changes

She essentially all bag.

the Vatican has a rich history of liberalizing alongside popular sentiment. why expect anything different?

Great show, great character.

i want that fucking tracksuit

what does that mean?

Cardinal Voiello [is] one of us

She's still the cutest