Movie of the year

movie of the year

That fucking ginger was obnoxious.

not enough threads on Sup Forums about this kino desu

kinda the point?

>an Amazon Original Movie
>I can't watch it on Amazon
why are they doing this to themselves? Didn't they stream The Neon Demon at the same time it was in theaters? I would give them money, I just don't want to drive an hour and a half to see it in theaters

time to check for torrents I guess

Amazon Studios made the only movies I saw this past year that I enjoyed
>Weiner-Dog
>Neon Demon
>Manchester by the Sea
some others too I'm sure. Why are they stepping up so hard?

There's an HQ screener out there. Haven't DL'd (saw it in theaters) but from the screens it looks pretty watchable.

is weiner-dog unironically good? saw the trailer last year but never watched it.

kino end cut

I loved it. If you're a fan of Todd Solondz you will really enjoy it, it's one of his best.

Legit was almost crying the whole movie, MOTY behind Silence
when he tries to kill himself fuck

just watched this.
wish I had a gun to shoot myself.

it's great but you'll want to slit your wrists by the end

michelle williams broke my heart

Why didn't Ben Affleck play the brother?

because he was in a ton of things that were probably being shot around the time of Manchester by the Sea: BvS, The Accountaint, Live By Night. Plus I like Kyle Chandler. I think he has a real American quality.

The banter in this movie is off the charts. I welcome more Boston stuff.

It would have probably been too distracting

Because Kyle Chandler > Ben.

He was too busy at the Mecca swatting off drone strikes

Nope

>dat Broderick cameo
>even though he killed more Irish people than the entire cast and crew combined
What was Matt Damon trying to say here?

I left halfway through, the acting and writing were good, the story felt predictable though.

I wished Michelle Williams was in it more, and less of the kid, but it was bretty good.

i can't pirate it yet so i can't watch it. i am now going to leave this thread.

>behind silence

I don't understand you at all. Silence wasn't even good.
>Bloated lengthy mess with repetitive foot stamping scenes as well as kichijiro returns to the point of the comical
>erases any ambiguity with the final scene which goes against the source material, not that I care about source material but it chooses to go beyond the hamfisted for no reason.
>Says nothing new or interesting about the inner struggle of faith. Doesn't even recap the basic idea of an inner struggle well.
>feel nothing for the characters beyond Adam Driver and the first ocean crucifix scene. Which leaves the last third of the movie a shallow boring mess with scenes you have already seen 4x up to that point.

vs

A movie that has a 9/10 chance of making a grown man cry due to it's realistic portrait of male grief and north eastern US sensibilities.

On the lighter side when he kicked that door open and the kid snapped out of his fit, and the confusion on Lee's face gave me a heartily chuckle.

think you mean movie of the YEEAH

I finished it. Really loved it. It was an atypical redemption story: No corny scenes of Lee bearing his soul AA meetings, racing to pick up the kid from practice, trying to change a diaper for the first time, etc. Great chemistry from all the actors too. Beautiful photography. The scene near the end with Rani and Lee totally destroyed ne.

For you.

Broderick looks so old now. Only a decade ago in the Producers he looked so young.

Great movie. MOTY for me, although I still have a couple that I haven't seen.
I didn't expect Patrick to understand why it was so hard for Lee to settle down in Manchester since he's only 16 and only thinking of himself, but damn it was hard to watch Lee having to suffer in silence while trying to make everything work out. The scene where he tells the cops about the fire and tries to shoot himself got me fucked up too.