Is there a better animated movie?

Is there a better animated movie?

Fantasia.

This is a legit good movie desu.

I mean, it's good and all but there's literally no reason to exist. Vincent was a cool villain and there were good fights but it's just totally unnecessary. The TV series is fantastic in nearly every way.

This is the answer though. The sheer achievement will never be replicated.

I know it. True animated kino.

Man I haven't thought about that in years...... was so proud to get that DVD in the mail.

It's not a great movie, when you compare it to anime shows that decided to make a movie version it's decent.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more Cowboy Bebop movies desu, just not sure which episodes I'd stick them in between.

I love Cowboy Bebop more than most things in life but this movie was terrible in all honest.

Awkward pacing, pointless meandering story, minimization of 20's film noir space opera themes for generic late 90's New York setting setting on Mars, no true emotional grit between the established characters we knew and were watching the movie for.

It just blew, man

Remember watching this when I was 4

those plague scenes scared the shit out of me

Incoming kino dump
1/?

That looks racis

2/?

3/?

4/?

it's only enjoyable when you're on acid

5/?

6/?

And when you give a shit about animation as an artform

7/?

what is this one called?? looks fucking insanely good

8/?

Space Adventure Cobra. There's also a TV series, I recommend watching that first.

9/?
Last one for now maybe more later

Imagine being a person with actual taste in that board and having to be all like "damn, Sup Forums, you fuckin' fine, all on-topic with your moeshit and current season discussion. I would totally spend time here, both as user and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch another classic series. Like seriously imagine having to be a person with taste and not only refresh that board while Sup Forumsutists flaunt their disgusting MAL profiles in front of you, the thousands of series barely concealing their lack of taste and preference for sophomoric crap, and just sit there, refresh after refresh, hour after hour, while they kept circlejerking. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking taste but their haughty attitude as everyone in that board tells them they STILL GOT IT and DAMN, Sup Forums POSTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their sweaty fucking hands contort into types of shitposts you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been watching nothing but a healthy diet of classics and later alleged cult series for your ENTIRE POST HISTORY coming straight out of tokyotosho. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on their dimpled stomach as they pretend to be little girls, replying suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in their "on topic (for that is what they call it)" waifu discussion, the waifu they worked so hard for watching thousands upon thousands of shit in the previous months. And then someone starts another thread, and you know you could kill every single person in this board before the FBI could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're a person with actual taste. You're not going to lose your temper over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

is this good? the poster looks really neat

Can we be perfectly frank for a moment?

There's 2 camps:

Those who know Akira is the greatest animated film

Those who are to dum to know Akira is the greatest animated film

That's about it.

>"pleb-taste"
the truth is, the pleb shit is when you go deeper in the weebshits

spoken like a true Sup Forumsedditor

DAMN, Sup Forums POSTS LIKE *THAT*??

Sup Forums is dumb and not worth talking to

they're lightyears ahead of Sup Forums in terms of trying to be contrarian and becoming inept in the process

What did he mean by this?

hard mode: can you name me any jap animated kino that is an original work (not based on a manga or previous work) and also is not a part of or continuation of a TV show ?

Nausicaa

by kino i mean feature film. not a TV show.

ooo nvm. i read that as nadia for some reason.. but yea miyazaki films is all that comes to mind.

Ninja Scroll

wolf children

are you kidding me. i was THIS close to watching this with my mom last mothers day. until someone told me there is sex scene with a furry. fuckin avoided a bullet there.

Anastasia

>Its a "throw several legitimately good things in with the garbage to trigger people" episode

Name a single memorable anime made in the past 5 years that doesn't include teenagers in highschool

Akira

Memories
Paprika
Millennium Actress
Perfect Blue

Perfect Blue is a novel by Yoshikazu Takeuchi

What's the point? Any answer you get, you'll just go
>lol implying that shit is memorable

Why not just admit you only want to shit on the medium and you don't care about any actual discussion?

Thats kind of an unfair requirement seeing as 90% of all "original" western movies are based off of some sort of novel/short story/poem

Windaria
Robot Carnival

Care Bears in Wonderland is true animated kino and has the hottest princess peach.

I'm a pleb. Is spike hallucinating the butterfly at the end meant to imply he's immortal or whatever?

My point is the action/fantasy genre of anime is dead and gone.

Anime has lost it's creative spark and flair, and does nothing but fall back onto tired tropes and fanservice

no,
you are the plebbiest

What's it supposed to imply if we're told the villain hallucinating the same thing was a symptom of his condition?

thoughts on colorful?

Space Dandy > Cowboy Bebop

Fucking exactly