2017 WNBA CHAMPIONS

4 TITLES = OFFICIALLY A DYNASTY

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/articles/428514-the-stupidest-sports-on-espn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so just how unwatchable is women's basketball? i keep hearing the meme that the fundamentals are good, but i have my doubts. can't see it being exciting without dunks, drives to the hoop, tough picks, etc.

fwiw i can enjoy women's soccer despite the horrid goalkeeping and defending

Absolute shitshow

theres been like 2 dunks in WNBA history

in my opinion its arguably the most unwatchable sport ive ever seen, and im counting meme shit from olympics and weird shit that used to be on espn2

>ads on the jerseys

>Minnesota dynasty

Well lads, you finally got your wish.

Minnesota teams most likely to win a title:
1) Lynx
2) Minnesota United FC
--POWER GAP--
9001) Twins
9002) Vikings
9003) T-Wolves

It's time to have a serious discussion about the WNBA.

It's been around for 20 years. It's not going anywhere. If you complain about the style of play, why do you watch college hoops?

Your local team might even be good, user, and it's like ten bux to watch a game.

They're worse than college players

>sure is boring when a player drains a 3 from 30 feet away.

Has another professional sports team had a more dominant dynasty in the last 10 years?

This is a sports board

Yes it is.

Time to talk about the HYPE new sport, and it's not fukken US Rugby.

The NBA twitter account has been trying to meme it into relevance, but people in the comments just rip on the WNBA for being a joke.

>Those NBA players pretending they're watching something remotely exciting

lmao you mean
>sure is boring when the chuck up a three and miss

>Literal NBA players saying they love the game, and show up to watch in the arena
>LOL THEY'RE JUST PRETENDING

Get the fuck off my internet.

NBA players do that all the time. Not really an argument, just you bein' a lil bitch.

>it's not the same as NBA, therefore shitsux

Tired, old, bullshit argument.

Fundamentals were good in 1997, sure, but the game has evolved and the play is getting better, just like the NBA improved from when it started in 1946, to 1966, to 1986.

>it's not exciting without dunks
That just makes you a fucking casual. Dunks are fun, but so are different offensive schemes, threes, and fast breaks.

Plus, watching/attending games are cheap as fuck, might as well get in on the ground floor, user.

I watched one game and it was on a stage like concert stage

no idea where that would've been. were you watching college by mistake?

Why do people keep trying to meme the WNBA into relevancy? No one will ever watch that shit, it shouldn't even exist, it's a welfare organization.

Would rather watch my young nigga play ball at the park

Its like watching boys 7th grade YMCA basketball. Lots of visible confusion on the floor. I'd say its useless unless you have a daughter and want to make her a lesbian, then its perfect family entertainment

It's the TV networks; they want the NBA but any network that has the NBA has to shill the fuck out of the WNBA, or else they'll lose those two weeks of Warriors/Cavs TV ratings

>meme into relevancy
>is twenty years old

You're a special kind of stupid, boy.

Could you be any more of a misogynist? You go low while we go high

>weird shit that used to be on espn2
Like what?

>It's the TV networks; they want the NBA but any network that has the NBA has to shill the fuck o
NBA should start rigging the Lakers/Celtics dynasty back into existence. We need that shit. It's no fun watching the same shit every year. Oh look Warriors win in 5 for the 5 straight time.

Shit at least Jordan had some competition with the Knicks and every team he faced in the finals. He went through the prime time Jazz, 91 Lakers with prime Magic and Worthy, prime Barkley and the 93 Suns, prime Payton and Kemp, Clyde Drexler and the Blazers.

He def had more competition than the Warriors do and they get all the credit. But yeah the WNBA is boring as fuck.

literally WHO THE HELL CARES

it's nice to see some dominant teams defend the title every year.

tho if they really wanted the WNBA to take off, they'd put a team in Boston

>Existing for X amount of time = relevant
Under your argument, box lacrosse is relevant too.

i don't know what that is, but if Lebron shows up to a game and sits next to Snoop Dogg, you let me know.

How much money did it make this year? Enough to get out the red? No?

Are people watching it on tv at all? No?

Two celebrities don't give it any legitimacy, you know how I now? You know Lebron by name but nobody will ever know any WNBA player as a household name

Those hoes literally make less than I do with a bachelors degree. It's not relevant nigga

It's just perfect that we're good at this. The pain of being a MN sports fan is endless. Being """good""" at this literal garbage sport is just twisting the knife.

>so just how unwatchable is women's basketball?

On the level of a men's soccer match. Women's basketball is arguably more masculine, so there's that.

who the fuck are the Mayo Clinic Verizons?

Baseball is still the most unwatchable sport

Hockey is just something Minnesotans do to pass the time until women's basketball season

>the only measure of relevancy is revenue
Incorrect.
>are people watching it on TV
Yes.
>lol two celebrities
Those are the two I named. There were many others at the Finals, including Magic Johnson. And just because you have a head in a hole and can't name Lisa Leslie, Sue Bird, Ivory Latta, Diana Taurasi or Britney Griner doesn't make you right. Just makes you a hater.

LOL GOOD ONE

But you didn't complain about the revenue earned by sponsors on jerseys, so now it's coming to the NBA, too. Enjoy your gaems.

>mild not even making the list

that's probably accurate

Maybe we need more celebrity players.

Lebron is in a Sprite commercial every five fucking minutes, would it kill them to film Taurasi in a McDonald's or something?

shit like bassmasters, bowling, lumberjack games, world strongest man, ultimate frisbee, rodeo, darts, poker

bleacherreport.com/articles/428514-the-stupidest-sports-on-espn
lol

only WNBA players I remember are Sheryl Swoopes and Lisa Leslie. Ivory Latta and Diana Taurasi are literal who tier. Griner I know from college and thats about it. Fuck the WNBA for taking away my Houston Comets. Will never support that league again.

Fuck off Jew York cunt

And now they have drone racing

Probably does better ratings than the WNBA too

>fuckers killed the Comets
Of all the reasons I've heard for hating the WNBA, I have literally never heard that one before.

Also Taurasi is like the Lebron of the WNBA so yes, you've heard of her.

50 posts, huh?

That might be a new record for a WNBA thread.

Keep it up.

First of all, false, and second of all:
>I only watch men's basketball for the dunks.

Fucking casual.

I'm just wondering why the Fly Emirates have so many different jerseys. They must have the most jerseys out of any team

>slow-pitch softball
jesus fucking christ