Study 4 years of spanish

>study 4 years of spanish
>can talk easily to mexicans and online to everyone
>spainards sit next to me at a restaurant
>literally only get every other sentence

Are dialects/accents this drastic in other languages?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1hwPcMOrRrR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

spaniards talk extremely fast compared to latinos; I had little problem understanding latinos on earshot in the US than actually conversing with spaniards in Spain. I don't know if it's me or it's that spaniards just talk extremely fast.

yeah,spain spanish is kinda hard to understand to me too.

>this map
>Poles=Sarmatians/Aryans
As for languages and dialects, commies in Poland unified the language and practically eliminated all dialects.

Glad knowing I'm not the only one.
Considering the history of Spanish suppression of languages I don't think that's just a commie thing, you guys were just more successful at it.

We have different pronunciation of some letters, emphasis and vocabulary.

Same happens to me when I listen to Colombians or Dominicans, not phonetically but because of their slang, they use different words.

Sounds fair though, even for me as a Spanish northerner I sometimes have hard times to understand Southerners.

Yeah, save Australian slang, there is no variation of English I have trouble with. I guess the differences are just more pronounced in Spanish.

Some maps on languages

It is, even between regions among Spain. Here in Navarre we use words that people in Madrid or Valencia won't understand.

We also have many phrases that have a very different meaning with regards of what they literally mean. So yes, Spanish isn't that easy.

It's curious how it has a different origin for each Latin language

>study english by myself
>can talk easily to americans and online to everyone
>british/scottish/irelandics/australians/other non hollywood accents sit next to me at a restaurant
>literally only get every other sentence

:)

Don't bother going to Chile.

>the one thing uniting Yugoslavia was their preferred word for "cock"

european accents are interestingly harder to understand compared to their new world counterparts. I notice this too with Portuguese; I can understand some words from Brazilians, while I have to actually wait for Portuguese people to start counting to understand even one word.

Same, brazilian is a lot easier than portuguese. Galician is something in the middle.

this

d and g arent really used in finnish either other than in loanwords and g in velar nasal and d in some specific s->d stem morphs

I don't know why people from Portugal dislike vowels, they just don't pronounce them lol

>Yeah, save Australian slang, there is no variation of English I have trouble with
Try and decipher that stuff they speak in Scotland. It's impossible.

>I don't know why people from Portugal dislike vowels, they just don't pronounce them lol
I remember a story of someone looking for the name 'Pontes' in Portugal, but the people couldn't understand them; apparently they pronounce it as 'põtsh'.

Unlike what said of Poland, regionalism was never suppressed in Spain.

That's real. I've been there many times, for fish (peixe) they pronounce pshe

Well, the closest dialects to Castilian are lost, like Leonese and Navarre-Aragonese

vocaroo.com/i/s1hwPcMOrRrR

I had a WebM of a camwhore speaking in Castilian Spanish, I can't upload it since it's NSFW and has sound. The accent is very soft and nothing like how Puerto Ricans around here talk (they're much sharper and louder sounding).

France was the first country to suppress regionalism during the revolution, it provided the model followed by communist governments.

which part of Portugal?

Lisbon all my life but all my family is from Castelo Branco so i don't know how much that influences it

You are just pronouncing the word. Seriously, the waiters spoke so fast.

Some accents in the British Isles are a lot more difficult to understand than Australian. Australian is a wildified British, so it should be closer to American accent.

Because it's a very different 'tingle'. Just like scottish has a very different 'tingle' to standard sounding english.

You just need to tune in to the new sound, cause words and everything else is essentially the same.

>mfw OP's map

>americans are taught mexican spanish

should be added that the "W" only exists nativelly in germanic languages.
you will technically not find a single word with "W" in french, spanish or italian. only foreign words like "whisky"

Some dialects in Dutch are literally gibberish.

Ironically enough Surinamese Dutch and Afrikaans (South African daughter language) are easier to understand than some dialects within the Netherlands.

In fact, Surinamese and Caribbean people talk Dutch quite clearly.

>new world Dutch is also more understandable
interesting. that just leaves French, I think.

fixed
other way around for me, EU portuguese is much more easier than BR portuguese
t. galaico

No way you can actually understand scouse?

European countries are a lot older than their colonies, that means local dialects are much more differentiated.
Even I have serious problems at understanding some italian dialects, they are basically different languages to me.
In recently formed countries at worst there is just some different accents.