Grimes

So afterall this memeing and constant spam I'm willing to give her a shot. I'm not crazy about synthpop and haven't particularly liked the few songs of hers that I have heard. What album should I start with? I'll try to make it through the whole thing unless it becomes unbearable.

Attached: grishamiemes.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Attached: 220px-Grimes_-_Geidi_Primes_album_cover.png (220x220, 68K)

if you're not crazy about synthpop, you better start with the beginning: geidi primes after that, go in chronological order. don't miss her darkbloom ep!
please report often your progress. i'm looking forward to read your opinions.

however, i suggest you to not be quick to dismiss her music in case you dislike it. many anons confessed they weren't initially impressed by her music only to become obsessed later...

>So afterall this memeing and constant shills
FTFY

Fuck off gr*mes

be nice to grimes

grimes is the only artist memed by mu/ worthy of acclaim. for once, mu/ had good taste.

for sure i will it won't be tonight i'm heading to bed but i'll start a new thread soon and report back

>t. gr*mes

>shills
"shilling" while posting anonymously on an anonymous posting board is literally impossible

I love and respect you, Grimes.

Couldn't you have just listened to it on your own without starting another spam garbage grimeshit thread?

Attached: grimes pleb.png (1126x253, 128K)

Idk I kinda wanna see what someone who isn't a shill or super butthurt has to say about her.

I'm neither of those things and I love her. I listen to her every single day.

>"shilling" while posting anonymously on an anonymous posting board is literally impossible
Are you joking? All you need to do is set up a small team and co-ordinately bump certain threads that give attention to what you want. Keep making threads, keep bumping existing threads, and make shitty waifu memes for virgins to lack unto.

>t. shilled for a product

I just listened to Art Angel for the first time recently. Pretty good alternative pop music but it didn't seem to be anything particularly amazing. Maybe it will grow on me.

I've heard she has a really hairy back and arsehole.

From whom did you hear this?

>only to become obsessed later
[citation needed]

Attached: 1520651387827s.jpg (125x121, 4K)

Depends on what kind of music you like. Start with Visions anyway.

Attached: 1519662007877.jpg (4000x4300, 1.29M)

Grimes

:)

She sold out with her last album so don’t start there, it’s awful

reminded me of this

Attached: The_Crystal_Method_Vegas.jpg (306x300, 32K)

You gotta understand that pretty much every meme'd artist on Sup Forums and on the internet at large are NOT even close really to being the best of their generation. Every once in a while an actually really good album will get Sup Forums's attention but unless it's nearing 10 years old or over, no one really is gonna talk about it in favor of someone more flashy.

Sup Forums is no different than the music listening public at large in that they are going to be most interested in discussing and thus sadly listening to the artists who present themselves in the most attractive way, it's basically a fashion or personality contest in that way. That's how top 100 billboard works and it's also how the "underground" essentially works, even if you're in the mindset you're listening to the obscure artist, you're most likely getting invested in the artist with the most tattoos and crazy hair or striking clothing or abrasive personality. Not the people who are pushing things forward or writing worth while tunes.

I think grimes is really overrated.

You clearly don't understand what "selling out" means.

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

I hope our Grimey is sleeping well

Is grimes a meme and is it considered 'feminine' for a male to listen to her?
I feel like I've fallen for a meme here but I like her music so much that I can't stop, she just completes a part of me

Attached: 1433885002914.gif (450x450, 102K)

>is it considered 'feminine' for a male to listen to her?
There is no such thing. Especially when there is nothing in her songs that only female can relate to (she even stopped writing about love a long time ago).
It's more like you just feel insecure for some reasong about listening to a female artist.

So what about liking bands like cocteau twins and slowdive?
But ok I can definitely accept that it's just insecurity

Honestly, Art Angels sounds like a gaycore album.

elaborate

>an actually really good album
when are you going to learn that music taste is subjective? your "really good album" could sound like trash to someone else. e.g. visions sounds amazing to me but maybe it sounds like trash to you. we're entitled to our opinions.
>I think grimes is really overrated.
you just don't like her music (that much).

grimes is actually great regardless of her meme status. learn to separate the music from the artist if her meme status bothers you.

Post your top 5 grimes songs.
>Dream Fortress
>Rosa
>Nightmusic
>symphonia IX
>Venus in Fleurs

Attached: 1511109302225.png (446x90, 15K)

Skin
Weregild
Venus Fly
Circumambient
Flesh Without Blood

This is my only platform

kinda hard to pick only 5, but i'll try

Genesis
Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U)
Nightmusic
Phone Sex
Pin

>listening to grimes without the music video

claire a CUTE! and her music should only be enjoyed while seeing her in the music videos

This happened to me

Grimes is strictly a Reddit kind of gal, she'd never shill here personally.

>shill here
user, people CAN'T shill here unless they stop being anonymous

grimes doesn't need any shills; she's so interesting that people can't just shut up about her. even her haters are intrigued by her.

I know grimes doesn't shill here but you're fucking retarded.