France, what the HECK is this ?

France, what the HECK is this ?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0237534/?ref_=nv_sr_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Garnier
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a wolf with a very fluffy tail

Why does it have that HECKING look on it's face?

The beast of the Gévaudan, big wolf like creature that preys on women and children to drink their blood.

La Bête du Gévaudan

They were hecking real??

There were some pretty good Gévaudan threads on /x/. They might still on archive sites online. That was only one of several killer wolves from France in that era. Here is the "Bête de Cinglais":

iirc the most common theory there were two different large wolves who attacked and ate humans

some claim it was a hyena from africa

There were definitely large, powerful, man-eating wolf-like creatures. That's beyond any doubt. It's unclear exactly what they were, though. Big wolves? Hybrid dogs? An extinct wolf-like species? Something else?

Another killer-wolf report from France - in an official publication, too:

>be french
>have weird fucking animals running around

One of them was presented to the court of King Louis XV in the 1760's:

implying

Just man-eating wolves that people used in their exaggerated stories.

there was a movie about this
imdb.com/title/tt0237534/?ref_=nv_sr_2

>manbearpig

>the 4 legged jew

Don't ask too much if you want to live

There was something more than just that, maybe it is what Maupassant called the Horla, maybe something even darker

Why do all French people have the same face ?

There wasn't any diversity back then so everyone looked alike and were related to one another. That's why we need diversity.

the first Furry in the world

Wasn't at least one of these "werewolves" just a serial killer who wore a wolf pelt and cannibalized his victims?

no, they were spotted, they were actual animal like creatures

There were many more werewolf cases in France than just that one.

We have similar black dog/wolf folklore

Anyway, it reminds me of this shit from that movie

Sounds pretty autistic

There's similar folklore all over the world

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Garnier

le chupacabra

I once (perhaps twice) have seen one of these fucking things.

recommend keeping the encounter short as possible

what did you do

It's just sleep paralysis breh. It has happened to me many times. It can be pretty scary but doesn't last that long.

I'd make a natural repelent. Whole pants of it.

the fucker took my breath away and I think I died

still trying to prove it to myself tho.

>pretty scarry

it made a man who hasnt cried in 20 years cry like a little bitch

I've read a lot on that story as I have family in the region.
The beast was a trained animal, a wolf-dog hybrid, possibly wearing a protective hide, used as a murder weapon by a psychopath.
It was not a wolf as people in the region were used to seeing wolves.
Besides the movements from one attack site to another were too erratic and distant to be the acts of a wild beast.
There were hunts involving thousands of men who all failed to kill it.
Most damningly, some victims were found with their clothes neatly folded next to them and their heads cleanly cut off as if by a blade.

The culprit was probably the psychopath count of Morangiès with an accomplice who trained and took care of the beast. This accomplice was probably the son of Jean Chastel, the man who killed the beast, who lived alone in the wood and was reputedly a "meneur de loups", a wolf charmer.

The corpse of the beast rotted before it reached Paris, but it was found to be much different from a wolf.

The black dog has nothing to do with the beast.

This is by far the most likely explanation. I hated when in the movie the beast turned to be just a lion. Great designe tho, I remember getting interested in the beast back in the 90s watching some documentary about werewolves in the discovery Channel and then some years later watching a fairly spooky and yet informative show called animal xwoth some gay bald host.

>I hated when in the movie the beast turned to be just a lion.
Nice spoiler wn

Well yeah. I was scared shitless the first time it happened. It's still nothing supernatural, just your brain spazzing out during sleep.

All of this is fake news

stare at your reflection in the mirror under low light, it's spooky as hell

It's a 16 years old movie.

English sailor

Yo Moma.

It doesn't help that the place where it happened (nowadays called Lozère) is sparsely populated, mountainous and very cold during winter, the people must have felt really isolated

speaking of animals
it reminds me about how certain animals used to live in places but went extinct/disappeared
like lions in europe
also wish certain plants like silphium were still around